watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Nottingham Forest accuse referee and VAR of bias

Started by Nick Bateman, April 21, 2024, 06:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Forest stated VAR ref Stuart Atwell is a Luton fan and objected to him being in control of their game at Everton today. They also slated controversial Anthony Taylor for his decisions in this game.

Instantly Sky's Gary Neville hit back at Forest as the media believe all the refs are honest as the day is born.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/apr/21/var-is-a-luton-fan-nottingham-forest-hit-out-at-penalty-decisions-after-defeat
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Somerset Fulham

Yep.  They totally shat their pants in public.

Grassy Noel

The game was so forgetable. I must have missed the three penalty shouts by falling asleep although I do remember Ashley Young arriving on the pitch.

Super Mick

I seem to remember Huddersfield getting blatant penalties not given in the playoff final v Forest. Was that ref a Forest fan then? 

Benny

I'm glad Forest are making a noise about it

The refs have been dog poo this season and we have had a fair few poo ones, even today against Liverpool we had decisions go against us

The whole ref / VAR thing needs fully investigating IMO

Angus Telford

Fantastic depiction of someone desperately grasping the mud as they slide inexorably into the hole they dug for themselves

Hugh Janus

Nick Bateman

Might also be that Anthony Taylor is the lord high poobah of the refs and nobody (Stuart Atwell in this case) should EVER question his (bad) decisions. Everyone else is saying all 3 were penalties.

This ain't going away....
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

perry geyton

Might also have something too do with them not wanting Everton to go down considering the premier league took points from them twice this season and have done F all regarding massive clubs like Man City etc.

If Everton were to go down there would be a massive out cry

Angus Telford

Quote from: perry geyton on April 21, 2024, 09:23:37 PMMight also have something too do with them not wanting Everton to go down considering the premier league took points from them twice this season and have done F all regarding massive clubs like Man City etc.

City's case is much more historical and complex, it's been made clear all along that it'll take longer to resolve. If they're ultimately let off then yes there may be outcry at that stage but as it stands, it's quite possible they'll get some Juventus level sort of sanction.

Watford_fc

They have a point but so does everyone else really .

perry geyton

Quote from: Angus Telford on April 21, 2024, 09:29:38 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on April 21, 2024, 09:23:37 PMMight also have something too do with them not wanting Everton to go down considering the premier league took points from them twice this season and have done F all regarding massive clubs like Man City etc.

City's case is much more historical and complex, it's been made clear all along that it'll take longer to resolve. If they're ultimately let off then yes there may be outcry at that stage but as it stands, it's quite possible they'll get some Juventus level sort of sanction.
So get it done then

Woolly Mammoth

Unfortunately howling at the moon will not help no matter how justified you are.
Because the establishment will move as slowly as they can to suit their own narrative.
Hence why they spend the best part of an hour discussing the opening of an envelope.
Are you aware they are still using Quill Pens and blotting paper at the FA.
There is more back scratching going on than in a cage full of chimpanzees.
The establishment is full of corruption, favouritism, quangos and cowards, jobs for the boys and girls.
It will continue until football as we know it or use to know it collapses like a pack of cards.
Although ironically it will effect the bigger clubs mainly and not so much the smaller clubs further down the football pyramid.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on April 21, 2024, 07:02:24 PMYep.  They totally shat their pants in public.

Hope they're relegated. Useless clowns.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Deeping_white

If it wasn't for dodgy VAR decisions they might still be in the championship, people in glass houses and all that

Lighthouse

Whatever people think of their complaints. There can be no argument that VAR has proved as inconsistent with the same incidents week in week out, game in game out. Frankly it is an embarrassment. Deciding that an attacker is offside by the shape of a knee cap. Yet an attacker in the opposing goal is not offside as the ball goes hurtling past him.

A handball isn't a handball one week but is the next. So VAR is as inaccurate and as annoying as allowing the referee to decide. Is VAR biased. You bet your life it is.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Somerset Fulham

Forest have been absolute dickheads about this, but at the same time I can understand their frustration.

Nobody has a clue what is going on with the rules anymore but to suggest corruption in such a direct way with absolutely no supporting evidence is ridiculous and I would expect them to have the book thrown at them (again) for it.

demeant0r

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on April 22, 2024, 12:16:15 AMForest have been absolute dickheads about this, but at the same time I can understand their frustration.

Nobody has a clue what is going on with the rules anymore but to suggest corruption in such a direct way with absolutely no supporting evidence is ridiculous and I would expect them to have the book thrown at them (again) for it.

Well they did say the VAR guy is a Luton supporter and told FA about this multiple times to replace him. So if it's not corruption it's sheer neglect.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: demeant0r on April 22, 2024, 12:46:26 AM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on April 22, 2024, 12:16:15 AMForest have been absolute dickheads about this, but at the same time I can understand their frustration.

Well they did say the VAR guy is a Luton supporter and told FA about this multiple times to replace him. So if it's not corruption it's sheer neglect.

They did, but just because somebody supports a certain team isn't actual proof that the bloke is a cheat.  And if we had Forest changing match officials for a big game like today, can you imagine what the Big Six would get up to?