more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gary Neville makes me sick!!

Started by davew, April 22, 2024, 10:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur

Quote from: Angus Telford on April 26, 2024, 02:31:13 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on April 25, 2024, 04:34:17 PMYeah, how very dare people who have succeeded in life choose to share that wealth about a bit.

Outrageous.

Ok so first of all isn't the whole "stop having a go at people who have succeeded in life" angle a bit Tory for you mate? 😉
But more seriously I think you're being a bit disingenuous and actually understand full well the points being made by Lineker's critics.
So you do yourself a disservice with dogmatic, tribal dismissals like this when you could at least contribute to the discussion with a semi-reasonable counterargument.
Same goes for those claiming they don't understand how "woke" can be pejorative, I think.

I agree that the arguments in this thread merit a more sensible and less prejudiced discussion than has thus far occurred.

However, in fairness to Somerset, the post you quote is a reply to one of Perry Geyton's quoting Nick Bateman. To me, Somerset has merely responded to the aforementioned forum members 'in their own language', so to speak.

Logicalman

Quote from: alfie on April 24, 2024, 11:37:59 AM
Quote from: Angus Telford on April 24, 2024, 10:20:25 AM
Quote from: Logicalman on April 23, 2024, 09:35:01 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on April 23, 2024, 09:27:37 AMDidn't he give the Qatar money to charity.....similar to Mr Lineker taking refugee's into his own home.... I think they're portrayed badly by certain area's of the media....

I can see your point, though the one thought keeps returning,"A mercenary who gives all his money to charity, is still a cold-bloodied mercenary". A couple of charitable acts by players (and ex players-truned-pundits) still is nothing like the likes of you or I giving ill-affordeable monies to charity.

Exactly, most of that sort (Lineker, Neville, even the likes of Rashford) preserve their own obscene income streams first and foremost, the moralising and politics are fairly superficial I'm afraid. That's why it gets a lot of people's backs up.
Most people who give to charity look after their own interests first, just like us ordinary people, I have just looked up both Gary's and they give vast amounts to charities.
Sometimes people are perceived to be something without knowing what they may or may not be doing.

I cannot disagree, generally, with what you say, motivation is a great factor, though I would counter that, generally, 'ordinary' people have a lot less agendas than those of fiscal privilege.
Case specific could be  the 'Qatar money'. Without pressing the point regarding Qatar and it's attitude towards HR, and especially surrounding the WCF it hosted, my personal opinion is that anyone taking money for speaking out in their favour or support, is simply just taking blood money, notwithstanding it's intended or eventual usage for good. Thus, simply transferring the suffering of one group to the advantage of another.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

jarv

Good discussion.  If I go to a pub there is often no sound on which is perfect. When I watch at home, I usually have sound on but very quietly. 

Too much dirty money in premier football now, dull, boring commentators.

Exception, as mentioned, Tony Gale.  He is excellent, fair minded and intelligent and only comments when it is worthy.

AJW48361

Sam Whatisface is the worst commentator I've heard for a while.