watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gary Neville makes me sick!!

Started by davew, April 22, 2024, 10:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Hope the subject header says it all? Did he pay any compliment to Fulham in his boring comments during the match?

Even the Match of the Day pundits tell you that blah blah blah are playing Fulham!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Lighthouse

I remember the days when we had commentators that were enthusiastic about the game they were commentating on. They gave both sides fair opinion. We had pundits that were players and opinionated but they were usually on this side of entertaining and informative.

Now if I watch a game on tv I just turn the sound down or turn off at half time. The pundits are deadly dull and MOTD has become unwatchable with the matey dry and boring comments. Gary Neville I haven't watched for years wherever he now turns up on or which side.

So they don't make me sick just bore me enough not to watch or listen to them anymore. Oh for the days when football was entertaining and not full of talking dullards who say the same dull thing and concentrate on the same dull sides.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 22, 2024, 10:40:34 PMI remember the days when we had commentators that were enthusiastic about the game they were commentating on. They gave both sides fair opinion. We had pundits that were players and opinionated but they were usually on this side of entertaining and informative.

Now if I watch a game on tv I just turn the sound down or turn off at half time. The pundits are deadly dull and MOTD has become unwatchable with the matey dry and boring comments. Gary Neville I haven't watched for years wherever he now turns up on or which side.

So they don't make me sick just bore me enough not to watch or listen to them anymore. Oh for the days when football was entertaining and not full of talking dullards who say the same dull thing and concentrate on the same dull sides.
Very much my view.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I remember Gary Neville geting a lot of stick on 'Mock the week'
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Jem

"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

F(f)CUK

I love listening back to old commentaries by Brian Moore. He underplayed tough challenges and stayed enthusiastic at all times.

Hatch007

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on April 22, 2024, 10:26:03 PMHope the subject header says it all? Did he pay any compliment to Fulham in his boring comments during the match?

Even the Match of the Day pundits tell you that blah blah blah are playing Fulham!

Even Neville's wife boos him everyday day when he wakes up in the morning.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

Is this the same Gary Neville who spoke out against one of the Arab regimes before pocketing millions to promote the WC*? Then was heavily ridiculed by Ian Heslop on Have I got news for you when being a guest presenter?

* Word Cup not water closet.

Thank you and good night.

H4usuallysitting

Didn't he give the Qatar money to charity.....similar to Mr Lineker taking refugee's into his own home.... I think they're portrayed badly by certain area's of the media....

3rdgenfan

He is just a spokesperson for Sky Sports. Whenver an issue arrises that threatens the product of Premier League Football he is the face of Sky Sports to speak out about it.

He spoke out about the European Super League, the effect the Saudi Pro League will have on the Premier League and any number of other things.

The Premier is nothing more than a product that has to marketed and protected by Sky at all costs and Gary Neville is currently head of the PR department

WokingFFC

I miss commentators actual commentating on what is happening on the pitch. I would hate to be blind and having to listen to the so called commentary, because there is none. They are all, including the 'commentators' just pundits who think we are there to listen to their drivel.

There were times on Sunday when neither of them spoke for 15 / 20 / 30 seconds because they had run out of inane comments and forgot to commentate on the match.

Also found it was funny that when we scored, Neville said something along the lines of 'its not as if Liverpool would have that goal was coming' then 30 seconds later they showed a caption that Fulham had had 65% possession and 5 shots in the previous 10 minutes. Pundits eh, what do they know?

Sammyffc

Saw some of his old tweets calling la liga corrupt and all sorts.

Complete hypocrite 98% of the time

filham

Motty in his sheepskin coat broadcasting from the Cottage was always enjoyable.

perry geyton

Tony Gales the only commentator I
Leave the volume up for,,,,,

Logicalman

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on April 23, 2024, 09:27:37 AMDidn't he give the Qatar money to charity.....similar to Mr Lineker taking refugee's into his own home.... I think they're portrayed badly by certain area's of the media....

I can see your point, though the one thought keeps returning,"A mercenary who gives all his money to charity, is still a cold-bloodied mercenary". A couple of charitable acts by players (and ex players-truned-pundits) still is nothing like the likes of you or I giving ill-affordeable monies to charity.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

ron

I remember cricket's Richie Benaud's theory of sports broadcasting;...

.."I you can't add anything to what the viewer is seeing, then don't say anything at all.."

Wise words.

Angus Telford

Quote from: Logicalman on April 23, 2024, 09:35:01 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on April 23, 2024, 09:27:37 AMDidn't he give the Qatar money to charity.....similar to Mr Lineker taking refugee's into his own home.... I think they're portrayed badly by certain area's of the media....

I can see your point, though the one thought keeps returning,"A mercenary who gives all his money to charity, is still a cold-bloodied mercenary". A couple of charitable acts by players (and ex players-truned-pundits) still is nothing like the likes of you or I giving ill-affordeable monies to charity.

Exactly, most of that sort (Lineker, Neville, even the likes of Rashford) preserve their own obscene income streams first and foremost, the moralising and politics are fairly superficial I'm afraid. That's why it gets a lot of people's backs up.

alfie

Quote from: Angus Telford on April 24, 2024, 10:20:25 AM
Quote from: Logicalman on April 23, 2024, 09:35:01 PM

Exactly, most of that sort (Lineker, Neville, even the likes of Rashford) preserve their own obscene income streams first and foremost, the moralising and politics are fairly superficial I'm afraid. That's why it gets a lot of people's backs up.
Most people who give to charity look after their own interests first, just like us ordinary people, I have just looked up both Gary's and they give vast amounts to charities.
Sometimes people are perceived to be something without knowing what they may or may not be doing.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Hugh Janus

Quote from: bog on April 23, 2024, 08:53:40 AMIs this the same Gary Neville who spoke out against one of the Arab regimes before pocketing millions to promote the WC*? Then was heavily ridiculed by Ian Heslop on Have I got news for you when being a guest presenter?

* Word Cup not water closet.

Thank you and good night.

No worse than Jordan Henderson and his rainbow laces. Off to Saudi quicker than you can say Gay Pride.

I don't mind Neville too much. So long as he doesn't get too carried away with trying to be intellectual he's tolerable. At least he can laugh at himself. Unlike the dreary double act that are Gary Lineker and Shearer.