watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Games to play this season

Started by MickTheBeard, April 24, 2024, 10:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickTheBeard

The way it has panned out lucky we beat whu as I find it hard with this team to find us winning another game.Next years recruitment is crucial in our survival next season and I'm not confident the right players will be brought in.

demeant0r

You're joking right? Is it still April Fools? This is the same team that beat Spurs 3-0 at home, MU away 2-1, Arsenal 2-1 at home, Arsenal 1-1 away, WHU 7-0 on aggregate, went toe-to-toe with Liverpool in three matches and each game was close until our previous one, etc. We have three out of four very winnable matches, we should be aiming for nine points.

Sting of the North

We weren't lucky to beat West Ham, we were classes above them. Overall we have been more unlucky than lucky with results this year, in my opinion.

Also have no idea why any fan who has witnessed us the last few years believe we are without a chance against the likes of Palace, Brentford and Luton, all of which have performed worse than us for almost a full season so far.

But then again, I don't have this insatiable itch to pour negativity on this forum as often as possible, so maybe that is why I fail to comprehend yet another doomsday post.

H4usuallysitting

Do you have an insight into our recruitment for next season?....

Why aren't you confident, we've been very successful with our recent recruitment

Sting of the North

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on April 24, 2024, 10:56:36 PMDo you have an insight into our recruitment for next season?....

Why aren't you confident, we've been very successful with our recent recruitment

Sure, but not if you ignore all the good ones and focus on the poor ones. Have you perhaps seen Mr. Beards post before? He is still on about Cavaleiro and such players, more often than not.

Deeping_white

Mick when was the last time you were genuinely happy?

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Sting of the North on April 24, 2024, 10:38:03 PMWe weren't lucky to beat West Ham, we were classes above them. Overall we have been more unlucky than lucky with results this year, in my opinion.

Also have no idea why any fan who has witnessed us the last few years believe we are without a chance against the likes of Palace, Brentford and Luton, all of which have performed worse than us for almost a full season so far.

But then again, I don't have this insatiable itch to pour negativity on this forum as often as possible, so maybe that is why I fail to comprehend yet another doomsday post.
tbf, you've misread the ops first sentence. He's not saying we were lucky to beat W Ham,  he's saying it was lucky that we beat W Ham.  Quite different.   As to the rest of his post........I agree that he's not the most optimistic!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 25, 2024, 09:36:51 AM
Quote from: Sting of the North on April 24, 2024, 10:38:03 PMWe weren't lucky to beat West Ham, we were classes above them. Overall we have been more unlucky than lucky with results this year, in my opinion.

tbf, you've misread the ops first sentence. He's not saying we were lucky to beat W Ham,  he's saying it was lucky that we beat W Ham.  Quite different.   As to the rest of his post........I agree that he's not the most optimistic!

Sure, there is a nuance difference, but I believe my point still stands. Neither were we lucky to beat them, nor is it lucky that we beat them (not more than it is always good for us to bring points to the table), since we would be comfortablöy safe even without that win.

Angus Telford

Quote from: Sting of the North on April 25, 2024, 09:47:38 AMSure, there is a nuance difference, but I believe my point still stands. Neither were we lucky to beat them, nor is it lucky that we beat them (not more than it is always good for us to bring points to the table), since we would be comfortablöy safe even without that win.

Think that is more than a "nuance", two different points altogether in fairness to Mick, although I do agree with your responses either way.

Anyway, to salvage some sort of debate from the thread, I'll say my only concern is our transfer team may lack the agility to respond to the combined exodus of say Willian, Tosin, Palhinha and Robinson, if it arises, which is conceivable. You'd like to think we've already decided what amount we'd accept for each player and have several realistic target replacements lined up for each. Looking at Mitro's departure, I didn't see much evidence of that sort of planning. Nonetheless, that's somewhat of a doomsday scenario, so I'm not too worried just yet.

ffcthereligion

Tbh I don't see us winning any of our remaining games either. But I'm a natural pessimist and I make no apologies for my personal opinion.

However I don't share the concerns about recruitment/survival next season articulated by the OP.

Twig

I will be very concerned if we lose say four of our top players to other clubs and that is a possibility, albeit not a probability.  I will be concerned not because I think we lack the ability to recruit well these days, but because I think replacing so many top players, whilst also strengthening the squad in a couple of other areas, could overwhelm even the best of recruitment teams.

As to whether we will win any more matches this season, I'd like to think so but anything is possible and Mick could ultimately be proved correct (I sincerely hope not though).

HV71

Mick may not always come over as being that lucid or optimistic but there is often more than a grain of truth and sound thinking in his posts. Whilst one may not agree his views should not be dismissed.
Keep posting Mick

HobGoblin

Mick is a wum or a mong or most likely both

Whitestone

Quote from: HobGoblin on April 25, 2024, 10:51:18 PMMick is a wum or a mong or most likely both

Such an unnecessary post and offensive too.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: HobGoblin on April 25, 2024, 10:51:18 PMMick is a wum or a mong or most likely both

What a despicable little creature you are.

Friendsoffulham

Banned for a minimum of 30 days, upgraded to a permanent if that disgraceful language is ever used again.

Hatch007

An embarrassment to the Fulham Faithful

demeant0r

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on April 26, 2024, 08:26:21 AM

Banned for a minimum of 30 days, upgraded to a permanent if that disgraceful language is ever used again.

Em, excuse me. You seemed to have banned me. Not HobGoblin. I can post here on a VPN but out of VPN it says I've been banned for calling a member a mong, which I most certainly did not.

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: demeant0r on April 26, 2024, 10:18:09 AM

Em, excuse me. You seemed to have banned me. Not HobGoblin. I can post here on a VPN but out of VPN it says I've been banned for calling a member a mong, which I most certainly did not.

It's an IP-range issue which is affecting me (and presumably others) as well. Being looked in to.

demeant0r

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on April 26, 2024, 10:26:34 AM
Quote from: demeant0r on April 26, 2024, 10:18:09 AM

It's an IP-range issue which is affecting me (and presumably others) as well. Being looked in to.

Ah fair enough. I'll wait then.