watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Website Entry Banned

Started by Stoneleigh Loyalist, April 26, 2024, 12:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eton White

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 26, 2024, 03:19:20 PMIf i hazard a guess mong may be short for mongrel,

It's a very out of date insult referring to "Mongolism", a severe mental condition linked to Downs Syndrome.

I remember we used to call people things like that in primary school, but that was a very long time ago and we were kids, not grown men on a football forum.

It's a very offensive term so the admin was right to ban the individual who used it. It's just a shame it ended up banning half the members on here though!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Eton White on April 26, 2024, 03:41:21 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 26, 2024, 03:19:20 PMIf i hazard a guess mong may be short for mongrel,

It's a very out of date insult referring to "Mongolism", a severe mental condition linked to Downs Syndrome.

I remember we used to call people things like that in primary school, but that was a very long time ago and we were kids, not grown men on a football forum.

It's a very offensive term so the admin was right to ban the individual who used it. It's just a shame it ended up banning half the members on here though!

I agree and thank you for reminding me about the term.
If my memory serves me correctly, did the notice we got stating that the person banned was a guest, visitor or a non member. Something of that nature.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Friendsoffulham

We've not been hacked.

When said poster was banned, it triggered the ban on a range of IP's used by that member.

Unfortunately, those IP ranges are used by other members, banning them in the process.

Member has now been banned in name only, so everyrhing should be back to normal.

SG

I too was banned. Clearly now back to normal  ::scarf::

Friendsoffulham

Wish it was that easy in the future, when everyone gets out of hand, and we need to do a blanket ban  ::tongue::

King_Crud

i thought i'd finally got what was coming to me

filham

A few weeks ago I had a post withdrawn and I was given a warning(yellow card) because of a Confucius Joke. Not sure if the post was considered racist or sexist but it shows the moderators are on the ball and I am being careful right now as I am in fear of that yellow being turned into a red.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on April 26, 2024, 05:21:22 PMA few weeks ago I had a post withdrawn and I was given a warning(yellow card) because of a Confucius Joke. Not sure if the post was considered racist or sexist but it shows the moderators are on the ball and I am being careful right now as I am in fear of that yellow being turned into a red.

I always thought you were a trouble maker.

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

Not sure which is more depressing. Thinking the site had been hacked or the realisation it all started because of name calling. Not easy trying to be people. They are all so odd.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Willham

This is all hilarious to me, where I'm from mong gets thrown around all the time, you'd be more worried if you'd gone a whole day without being called a mong.

Sits in the category with nerd, mucker and that

blingo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 26, 2024, 03:19:20 PMYes i concur, i was also banned for the same reason, i was just about to contact my legal team when i eventually managed to log back in with a log.

I knew it was not me as i do not know what a mong is, i thought it might be Gnome without the e spelt backwards, like boy spelt backwards is Yob meaning backward boy.

If i hazard a guess mong may be short for mongrel,

Anyway i don't know about the the rest of you Genitalmen, but i have an alibi, as at the time it happened i was sharing a HotTub with davew and blingo and some lady who called herself Fiffy Pink who resides in Soho who turned up with blingo.

WHAT A WOMAN

Lighthouse

Quote from: Willham on April 26, 2024, 06:32:18 PMThis is all hilarious to me, where I'm from mong gets thrown around all the time, you'd be more worried if you'd gone a whole day without being called a mong.

I am not sure we need to revert to name calling of any sort. However tame or otherwise. It is childish and frankly if people cannot express themselves in any other way when trying to communicate then maybe whatever they were trying to say is lost already.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

demeant0r

Quote from: Willham on April 26, 2024, 06:32:18 PMThis is all hilarious to me, where I'm from mong gets thrown around all the time, you'd be more worried if you'd gone a whole day without being called a mong.

I grew up in Ireland and in primary and secondary school (22+ years ago now) I heard that word being used on a daily basis between friends in the school yard, so much so I became desensitised to it. I would say that saying it to someone you don't know on the internet is a step too far though.

Lester Burnham

Quote from: filham on April 26, 2024, 05:21:22 PMA few weeks ago I had a post withdrawn and I was given a warning(yellow card) because of a Confucius Joke. Not sure if the post was considered racist or sexist but it shows the moderators are on the ball and I am being careful right now as I am in fear of that yellow being turned into a red.
What was the joke? 🫢

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Lester Burnham on April 27, 2024, 08:07:09 AM
What was the joke? 🫢

I can remember it vaguely, it went something like this :-

" If I send you some cash. Will you use it to hire a firing squad and have yourself shot."

Never forget your Roots.

Somerset Fulham

Haha, I just sent a long assed PM to the mods apologising about this. :slap:

For the record, I didn't say this but I did quote the person that did, so presumed that I was in trouble by association.

DOH!

roberto w6

Same happened to me. I couldn't even get into the wider website "Contact Us" part to say it must be a mistake.

I'd feared someone had hacked in to my account and was sending insulting messages so, although sorry for you all obviously, part of me is relieved...

H4usuallysitting

RaySmith

I recently watched a YouTube clip of Richie Gervais from his live show, doing a spiel on the 'm****' word, trying  to cause as much offence as possible to the 'woke', though his live audience, and presumably many watchers of the  video, found it hilarious.

He particularly singled out singer Susan Boyle, who I believe has a learning disability, for attack, which I did find distasteful.

I know his thing was that it was all ironic, but he seems to have gone  beyond that now, to just being nasty to gain fans and make few more bob, by being anti-woke.

I don't believe in people being cancelled though - Gervais would love that anyway!

Rupert

Quote from: RaySmith on April 27, 2024, 12:11:53 PMI recently watched a YouTube clip of Richie Gervais from his live show, doing a spiel on the 'm****' word, trying  to cause as much offence as possible to the 'woke', though his live audience, and presumably many watchers of the  video, found it hilarious.

He particularly singled out singer Susan Boyle, who I believe has a learning disability, for attack, which I did find distasteful.

I know his thing was that it was all ironic, but he seems to have gone  beyond that now, to just being nasty to gain fans and make few more bob, by being anti-woke.

I don't believe in people being cancelled though - Gervais would love that anyway!

He'll be mortified when he finds out you think his first name is Richie.

The thing with insults, I find, is they come and go. A lot of the nonsense we spouted as youngsters has no effect now because they have either become so over-used that they lose their sting, or they become obsolescent through lack of use. When you have to explain what an insult means, it has not worked. no doubt some future generation will rediscover some of the old ones at some stage, and they can use them to shock the more ethically fragile people once again.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.