watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Website Entry Banned

Started by Stoneleigh Loyalist, April 26, 2024, 12:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoneleigh Loyalist

On three occasions when I attempted to view this morning I found that I was banned for 30 days due to my having called another member a 'Mong' the notice looked quite genuine.
This was completely untrue and I would be interested to know if anyone else had experienced this.

Dodger53

Me as well, this is the first time I have tried since but earlier no access for the same reason you gave

The Old Count

Quote from: Dodger53 on April 26, 2024, 12:55:06 PMMe as well, this is the first time I have tried since but earlier no access for the same reason you gave
Me too. No idea why. Has the site been hacked?

Ashington White

Ludlow Richard

There were several who had the same problem (including me) under the "Games to play this season" thread.

ruislip ray

i had the same problem same reason.

sarnian

Same. I have had to relog in to be able to reply.

bog

Yes I had the same. Only just been able to log in once again.   

I thought my wife was getting her own back for me ruining one of her tops when doing the ironing.

Holders

Likewise. It was worrying to get a message like that. I've never come across the wretched word and certainly haven't used it. Then, when I could view the forum agai,n I had to re-register to log in. Anyway, hopefully all sorted now but the worst bit was not being able to contact anyone in admin to say that it was wrong.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Slaphead in Qatar

Seems like we have been hacked.

demeant0r

Yep, I had that message too. Was told the admin was banning someone but used an IP address range to do so which perhaps caught many of us. Seems the admin has sorted it.

Southcoastffc

Me too - I guess there were a lot of us!

BTW - thanks to the Admin for sorting things so quickly.  Must have been a major headache.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Lighthouse

It appears to have been pretty wide spread. What satisfaction is there in causing needless annoyance on a site like ours. Fortunately thanks to the powers that be it was quickly dealt with once it was recognised.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

demeant0r

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 26, 2024, 01:22:04 PMIt appears to have been pretty wide spread. What satisfaction is there in causing needless annoyance on a site like ours. Fortunately thanks to the powers that be it was quickly dealt with once it was recognised.

I believe it might have been caused by the admin trying to ban someone.

alfie

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

RaySmith

Motspur Park

There was a post about Mick the Beard. Another poster called him a mong and Admin banned said poster. As a consequence, many of us were also locked out for the same reason saying it was us who made the remark.

Rupert

Well, I hope you have all learned your lesson and there will be no repeat of this disgusting behaviour from any of you.

By the by, what is so bad about being Mongolian?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes i concur, i was also banned for the same reason, i was just about to contact my legal team when i eventually managed to log back in with a log.

I knew it was not me as i do not know what a mong is, i thought it might be Gnome without the e spelt backwards, like boy spelt backwards is Yob meaning backward boy.

If i hazard a guess mong may be short for mongrel,

Anyway i don't know about the the rest of you Genitalmen, but i have an alibi, as at the time it happened i was sharing a HotTub with davew and blingo and some lady who called herself Fiffy Pink who resides in Soho who turned up with blingo.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

perry geyton

Maybe the hacker was onto something,,,,