watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tosin leave Fulham

Started by IloveFFC, April 26, 2024, 06:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thailand Mick

Just my opinion for what it's worth, think he has strung us along after being upset we didn't let him leave in the summer. Probably wanted to see how high a wage we would offer him as a bargaining tool with his next club. Decent premier league player but never worth the 100,000 a week that's been rumored. It's a shame we never received a fee for him but keeping him saw us through FFP.I also think that since the international break Marco has handled this poorly and Diop should have been playing, would not be surprised if he was also looking for a way out. Now hopefully we have the FFP wiggle room to go out and buy a top replacement along with a couple of forward/wingers. 

EN1 FFC

We play Palace today and Andersen is a player I'd like back to take over from Tosin.. but I doubt it will happen.

sunburywhite

Give Luc De Fougerolles a couple of run outs
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Drewry66

To be fair thinking more about it if we are really clever in the transfer market we could end up with a better player that costs us less. If we did offer Tosin £100k a week to stay that is £5.2 million a year. Forrest are paying Murillo £30k a week and paid circa £10 million for him. Wage plus amortised fee is circa £3.6 million so significantly less and he looks pretty class at 21 years old and prob better than Tosin even at that age. To be fair to Forrest he was a bit of a steal and great business for once from them but if Tosins wage was going to be that high doesn't necessarily mean we will be worse off if we sign well and could well end up with a better player. 

S.F.Sorrow

I honestly don't care, we should be able to find someone as good, or better. In fact, if Diop/Bassey are given more games together (which they should for the rest of this season) we might have a decent CB pairing right there. Of course we will still need at least one CB (probably also a replacement for Ream) but there's no immediate crisis.

Tosin's arrogant playing style and lack of concentration has been a huge problem IMO. It's a shame, he could have become a superb CB if his ego wasn't in the way. He's still a very good footballer, just not nearly as good as he seems to think himself. He shouldn't be anywhere near the matchday squad for the rest of this season.

Another one I hope we let go is Wilson. I'm sick of his inconsistent performances, but most of all I'm sick of his constant moaning and diving. He's a diver and a cheat and not the type of footballer I want to see at Fulham.

filham

The Tosin affair has been going on too long, time to push him out of the Cottage and firmly shut the door behind him.
Hope to see Diop or all time favourite Tim Ream playing against Palace this afternoon.

SerbianLad

Quote from: filham on April 27, 2024, 10:23:59 AMor all time favourite Tim Ream
Unfortunately Bassey and Ream don't work well together.The games in which they were our centreback pairing were probably the worst defensive displays we had all season. Diop is the only viable option if Tosin doesn't play. De Fougerolles might have been another option but he played yesterday I think (or the day before that) for our youth team, so don't think it would make sense to play him again.

JimOG

Quote from: SerbianLad on April 27, 2024, 10:27:31 AM
Quote from: filham on April 27, 2024, 10:23:59 AMor all time favourite Tim Ream
Unfortunately Bassey and Diop don't work well together.The games in which they were our centreback pairing were probably the worst defensive displays we had all season. Diop is the only viable option if Tosin doesn't play. De Fougerolles might have been another option but he played yesterday I think (or the day before that) for our youth team, so don't think it would make sense to play him again.

Plus he's a right back and at 5ft 10ins is not a candidate for the centre back position?

SerbianLad

Quote from: JimOG on April 27, 2024, 11:21:45 AMPlus he's a right back and at 5ft 10ins is not a candidate for the centre back position?
He exclusively played as a centreback for our senior team, which includes an offical cup game. I also said might have been an option, I would have prefered Diop either way.

ianthailand

Quote from: love4ffc on April 26, 2024, 07:28:14 PMSeeing loads of fans on social media upset with Fulham and TK over letting Tosin go.  Fans say that there is a pattern and habit of TK and the club to let players run down their contracts and leave the club for free or for next to nothing of their value.  Players like Elliot, O'Riley, Carvalho, and now Tosin.  And that if Tosin leaves it will hurt Fulham's FFP standing, or whatever it's called now.  Fans also asking why don't Fulham and TK lock down players like Tosin when they are regular starters in their second year of a four-year deal. 

I can't help but think that the club did try to lock down players like Tosin sooner rather than later into their existing contract deals.  But players like Tosin think their too big for their britches and that their just too good to be at little ole Fulham.  I don't think Tosin is as good as he thinks and I hope that if he leaves for free he ends up at a midtable team in a mediocre league. 
Agree with most of your comments. I think he will go to a higher club but, as you say, he thinks he's better than he really is. If he goes to God forbid, a Liverpool, United or AC/DC Milan he will need to buy a new pair of tweezers as he'll be sitting on a bench for most of the time unless there's an injury crisis. 

Angus Telford

Unfair to judge Diop on performances this season IMO. Start of the season the whole team including Bassey were poor. Only other run he got was when Bassey was at AFCON. Far too early to conclude they "don't work well together" IMO.

ianthailand

Quote from: love4ffc on April 26, 2024, 07:28:14 PMSeeing loads of fans on social media upset with Fulham and TK over letting Tosin go.  Fans say that there is a pattern and habit of TK and the club to let players run down their contracts and leave the club for free or for next to nothing of their value.  Players like Elliot, O'Riley, Carvalho, and now Tosin.  And that if Tosin leaves it will hurt Fulham's FFP standing, or whatever it's called now.  Fans also asking why don't Fulham and TK lock down players like Tosin when they are regular starters in their second year of a four-year deal. 

I can't help but think that the club did try to lock down players like Tosin sooner rather than later into their existing contract deals.  But players like Tosin think their too big for their britches and that their just too good to be at little ole Fulham.  I don't think Tosin is as good as he thinks and I hope that if he leaves for free he ends up at a midtable team in a mediocre league. 
Agree with most of your comments. I think he will go to a higher club but, as you say, he thinks he's better than he really is. If he goes to God forbid, a Liverpool, United or AC/DC Milan he will need to buy a new pair of tweezers as he'll be sitting on a bench for most of the time unless there's an injury crisis. 
Quote from: sunburywhite on April 26, 2024, 08:25:56 PM
Quote from: Asotosyios on April 26, 2024, 08:09:40 PMI won't hold any grudges against Tosin if he decides to go and don't agree with the idea that he thinks he's bigger than the club.

It looks like he's confident that he can do well in a different challenge, which is something not only footballers but most workers think and look for new challenges very often.

There could be other reasons that he didn't want to renew his contract: more money, going back North (perhaps to play for Manchester United or Newcastle), wanting a new experience abroad and a different league, something else or a combination of these.

Yes, he made mistakes and was not the best ever player to wear the Fulham shirt but he was a good professional and helped us a lot - we surely helped him too. I couldn't ask for anything more and wish him well, unless when he plays against Fulham in the future.

The Zat Knight of his day
Exactly.

SerbianLad

Quote from: Angus Telford on April 27, 2024, 11:32:41 AMUnfair to judge Diop on performances this season IMO. Start of the season the whole team including Bassey were poor. Only other run he got was when Bassey was at AFCON. Far too early to conclude they "don't work well together" IMO.
Sorry my mistake, meant to say Bassey and Ream. Bassey and Diop played only one game together (the draw vs Arsenal) and they played really well. That's the pairing I wanted all season personally. I edited it now so I won't confuse anyone else.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Angus Telford on April 27, 2024, 11:32:41 AMUnfair to judge Diop on performances this season IMO. Start of the season the whole team including Bassey were poor. Only other run he got was when Bassey was at AFCON. Far too early to conclude they "don't work well together" IMO.

Bassey played a lot of his initial game's out of position...he can't be blamed for that

Angus Telford

Quote from: SerbianLad on April 27, 2024, 11:35:10 AM
Sorry my mistake, meant to say Bassey and Ream. Bassey and Diop played only one game together (the draw vs Arsenal) and they played really well. That's the pairing I wanted all season personally. I edited it now so I won't confuse anyone else.

Ah ok  ::thumb::

demeant0r

Looks like the stories are true. Not even on the team sheet today.

ffc73

Now on gardening leave, I assume.

Probably best for everyone if he, Tosin, has now told the club he is definitely going.

SerbianLad

Quote from: demeant0r on April 27, 2024, 02:05:16 PMLooks like the stories are true. Not even on the team sheet today.
Seems that way. Not surprised at all:
Quote from: SerbianLad on April 26, 2024, 11:28:40 PMIf true, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets left out of the squad all together for tomorrow, as we need to leave two senior players out of squad when all are fit.

A shame he decided to leave, as now we have to get a replacement, but that's my only problem with this situation, because if he stayed him and Diop would have been good enough for next season. I always prefered Diop anyway and I said so many times here.

I'm also not 100% sure like many on here and on social media that Marco prefers Tosin to Diop, as last season Diop kept him out of the team in most games. I think there is a possibility that Marco gave him the nod in recent games in hope that he signs the new deal, and because the difference in quality between him and Diop is almost non existant starting him isn't detrimental to our performances. This is just me speculating of course.

Sting of the North

Quote from: SerbianLad on April 27, 2024, 02:28:18 PM
Quote from: demeant0r on April 27, 2024, 02:05:16 PMLooks like the stories are true. Not even on the team sheet today.
Seems that way. Not surprised at all:
Quote from: SerbianLad on April 26, 2024, 11:28:40 PMIf true, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets left out of the squad all together for tomorrow, as we need to leave two senior players out of squad when all are fit.

A shame he decided to leave, as now we have to get a replacement, but that's my only problem with this situation, because if he stayed him and Diop would have been good enough for next season. I always prefered Diop anyway and I said so many times here.

I'm also not 100% sure like many on here and on social media that Marco prefers Tosin to Diop, as last season Diop kept him out of the team in most games. I think there is a possibility that Marco gave him the nod in recent games in hope that he signs the new deal, and because the difference in quality between him and Diop is almost non existant starting him isn't detrimental to our performances. This is just me speculating of course.

It could be true, but I would be very surprised. Tosin got a lot of starts last year as well, not sure your statement of Diop keeping him out in most games is really accurate (but haven't double checked).

In any case, think Silva generally picks what he thinks is his best team, but makes an exception now because of Tosin having made a final decision, coupled with the stakes being relatively low. I think this is the time that he compromises (playing the inferior player) rather than the last few months.

But that is my opinion.

btffc