watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tosin leave Fulham

Started by IloveFFC, April 26, 2024, 06:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitestone

Quote from: Caedal on April 28, 2024, 08:53:43 AMWhenever I think of Tosin, I remember the Coventry away game where he put in the worst performance of a CB I can ever remember.

Vastly overrated, is prone to overcommitting and being played around. Too casual on the ball

I think you're getting mixed up. Tosin didn't play in that game. It was Ream who had a nightmare that day. Mawson was the RCB.

Somerset Fulham

In the Championship winning season?

Coventry battered us twice and Mawson wasn't about.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Twig on May 01, 2024, 06:01:49 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on April 29, 2024, 05:22:52 PM
Quote from: Donnie Lonegan on April 29, 2024, 04:01:46 PMI can't stand these players that won't renew their contract. They're quick enough to sign when they haven't got any other options. I don't want to hear the blokes name again, can't stand him.

Agreed. Also can't stand clubs that won't renew all player contracts. They're quick enough to renew when they haven't got any better options, but otherwise they just abandon the players.

I assume that you agree, because surely you wouldn't want just one-way loyalty?

This is the point isn't it? As long as a player performs right up until the end of their contract then I can't really see that they have done much wrong by turning down the offer of a new one. It may be disappointing to us supporters but most of us have changed employer from time to time. As you point out clubs can and do also release players when they would like a new contract. It works both ways.

Sorry, I was trying to be a tad sarcastic while also trying to point out the one-sidedness of the complaint. Sorry if that didn't come out right. I have absolutely no problem with players that leave after the expiry of their contracts, as long as they honour it during. Tosin can hold his head up high. In my opinion.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on May 01, 2024, 08:55:08 PMIn the Championship winning season?

[/
He was about, and had his only start I believe in the Coventry away game. So the original post either remember another player or another game.
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on May 01, 2024, 08:55:08 PMIn the Championship winning season?

He was about, and had his only start I believe in the Coventry away game. So the original post either remember another player or another game.

Somerset Fulham

Fair play! I thought he went in the first transfer window as Silva arrived, my mistake.

Whitestone

Mawson was the RCB in the away game. 

Somerset Fulham

Yep. Sting just confirmed that, so apologies.

Twig

Quote from: Sting of the North on May 01, 2024, 08:59:53 PM
Quote from: Twig on May 01, 2024, 06:01:49 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on April 29, 2024, 05:22:52 PM
Quote from: Donnie Lonegan on April 29, 2024, 04:01:46 PMI can't stand these players that won't renew their contract. They're quick enough to sign when they haven't got any other options. I don't want to hear the blokes name again, can't stand him.

Agreed. Also can't stand clubs that won't renew all player contracts. They're quick enough to renew when they haven't got any better options, but otherwise they just abandon the players.

I assume that you agree, because surely you wouldn't want just one-way loyalty?

This is the point isn't it? As long as a player performs right up until the end of their contract then I can't really see that they have done much wrong by turning down the offer of a new one. It may be disappointing to us supporters but most of us have changed employer from time to time. As you point out clubs can and do also release players when they would like a new contract. It works both ways.

Sorry, I was trying to be a tad sarcastic while also trying to point out the one-sidedness of the complaint. Sorry if that didn't come out right. I have absolutely no problem with players that leave after the expiry of their contracts, as long as they honour it during. Tosin can hold his head up high. In my opinion.

Yes,  understand that you were being a tad sarcastic and the point you were making. In my convoluted way I was agreeing wholeheartedly with you! Just goes to show how easy it is to write unclearly I guess.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Hugh Janus on April 27, 2024, 02:49:14 PMLDF is too short for centre back at 5'6". Tosin off to Ipswich if they go up is the rumour. Best of luck to him.

Where'd you hear that rumour?

Somerset Fulham

Newcastle are sniffing apparently.

alfie

Quote from: Bassey the warrior on May 02, 2024, 11:35:28 AM
Quote from: Hugh Janus on April 27, 2024, 02:49:14 PMLDF is too short for centre back at 5'6". Tosin off to Ipswich if they go up is the rumour. Best of luck to him.

I see no value for him going to Ipswich, unless he is going to get mega bucks.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: alfie on May 02, 2024, 01:36:45 PM
Quote from: Bassey the warrior on May 02, 2024, 11:35:28 AM

I see no value for him going to Ipswich, unless he is going to get mega bucks.

Yeah, he won't go. I've not seen that rumour anywhere.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on May 02, 2024, 11:55:31 AMNewcastle are sniffing apparently.

I imagine most of the Premier League are interested given he's homegrown with top level experience. Even if he's a backup.

SP

Sky Sports News reporting Man Utd now interested, agent talk?

btffc

Quote from: SP on May 14, 2024, 09:09:28 PMSky Sports News reporting Man Utd now interested, agent talk?

Maybe. Probably his agent leaking it to drive up the price since a United mention usually has that effect.

Could also just be clickbait with United by Sky because that gets a lot of engagement.

LittleErn

Presumably he will play in the last game as Diop will be suspended?

btffc

Quote from: LittleErn on May 14, 2024, 11:49:21 PMPresumably he will play in the last game as Diop will be suspended?

I was thinking it will probably be Bassey and Ream despite that being a disaster when we were forced to use it early in the season, but given the low stakes Marco might want to give it another shot. Maybe De Fougerolles gets a chance.

I would be a little surprised if Tosin is involved. Tosin probably shouldn't want to be involved either. If he plays great it will make little difference in his next contract. If he plays terrible then interest in him could cool and worst case is he gets a major injury and no one signs him at all. Very little upside and huge downside.