more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tosin leave Fulham

Started by IloveFFC, April 26, 2024, 06:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IloveFFC

btffc

Should play Diop for the last 4 games then.

Finnans Right Peg

Play diop or that young Candian centr half

Volz

Fair enough, good luck to him. There is now zero reason to use him for the last games though if this is true. What kind of message does that send to Diop, if Silva still insist on using Tosin over him if he truly has announced that he is leaving. I'll be absolutely dumbfounded if I see Tosin start tomorrow. If I was Diop that would make me lose all trust in the management and I'd imagine that could push us to have to look for two, if not three CBs this summer.

elgreenio

Diop should be starting every game.

Hope the club have stood firm in not offering a ridiculous wage that he didn't merit.

Interesting to see where he goes, anything above us and he drops out of being a starter surely
touch my camera through the fence

jayffc

The lesser of our 2 starting CB's
Not significantly better than Diop.
Can be improved upon.
Been an absolute bargain and very much value for the money paid for him.

Wish him well from here, he has quality for sure but I wont miss his sloppy passes getting intercepted and nailed on couple of total brain lapses per game.

Onwards we go. Agree if true its time to give Diop game time

Hugh Janus

If we are looking to push for a European place in the future Tosin isn't good enough. Start Diop against Palace.

Deeping_white

Ultimately he thinks he's much better than he actually is. We got good value for money signing him for £2m but he's going to go to a club in Europe for a nice signing on bonus and we'll likely never see him playing regular PL football again until he decides to step back to a smaller club, because he's really not that good and his persistent mental lapses hold him back from being capable of regular football for a club bigger and better than us. Best of luck to him but he's going to get splinters if he goes somewhere bigger than FFC. Think we were also bonkers to offer him 100k a week in the first place because there's better value to be had elsewhere too

btffc

Quote from: Deeping_white on April 26, 2024, 06:45:04 PMUltimately he thinks he's much better than he actually is. We got good value for money signing him for £2m but he's going to go to a club in Europe for a nice signing on bonus and we'll likely never see him playing regular PL football again until he decides to step back to a smaller club, because he's really not that good and his persistent mental lapses hold him back from being capable of regular football for a club bigger and better than us. Best of luck to him but he's going to get splinters if he goes somewhere bigger than FFC. Think we were also bonkers to offer him 100k a week in the first place because there's better value to be had elsewhere too

With the transfer fee we will have to pay to replace him and wages likely around 70k, it will be very difficult to find better value. Diop was 15m and Bassey was 20m so that's the range we will be looking at for a quality replacement unless we get really lucky with someone under the radar.

Eton White

Shame, as I think he has the potential to be a fantastic CB but it was always looking like he would move on. Good luck to him.

Definitely feel Diop should start our remaining games now. Even if there was a huge difference in quality (which there isn't), the remaining games aren't that important in the grand scheme of things and it will show Diop  he does feature in our plans.

bill taylors apprentice

There's a saying that you should always pick your best 11 and even though we are safe a place or two higher brings big rewards but while there's a case to say he is marginally ahead of Diop he can't possibly start (if true) for all the reasons already given.

Thames Bank 1

Funny now Tosin has confirmed he is off, which was guaranteed last summer, fans are up in arms if he plays, am sure if this report is true, Marco will do right thing

blingo

The grass is always greener comes to mind.

love4ffc

Seeing loads of fans on social media upset with Fulham and TK over letting Tosin go.  Fans say that there is a pattern and habit of TK and the club to let players run down their contracts and leave the club for free or for next to nothing of their value.  Players like Elliot, O'Riley, Carvalho, and now Tosin.  And that if Tosin leaves it will hurt Fulham's FFP standing, or whatever it's called now.  Fans also asking why don't Fulham and TK lock down players like Tosin when they are regular starters in their second year of a four-year deal. 

I can't help but think that the club did try to lock down players like Tosin sooner rather than later into their existing contract deals.  But players like Tosin think their too big for their britches and that their just too good to be at little ole Fulham.  I don't think Tosin is as good as he thinks and I hope that if he leaves for free he ends up at a midtable team in a mediocre league. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Angus Telford

Quote from: btffc on April 26, 2024, 06:54:53 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on April 26, 2024, 06:45:04 PMUltimately he thinks he's much better than he actually is. We got good value for money signing him for £2m but he's going to go to a club in Europe for a nice signing on bonus and we'll likely never see him playing regular PL football again until he decides to step back to a smaller club, because he's really not that good and his persistent mental lapses hold him back from being capable of regular football for a club bigger and better than us. Best of luck to him but he's going to get splinters if he goes somewhere bigger than FFC. Think we were also bonkers to offer him 100k a week in the first place because there's better value to be had elsewhere too

With the transfer fee we will have to pay to replace him and wages likely around 70k, it will be very difficult to find better value. Diop was 15m and Bassey was 20m so that's the range we will be looking at for a quality replacement unless we get really lucky with someone under the radar.

Thing is if you offer Tosin an extra £20-40k per week on that rationale,  that's £5-10m over a five year contract anyway. So the cost of a replacement is mitigated by that saving, not to mention the much more important benefit of keeping our wage structure intact, and with the £15-20m budget you mention I actually think we will find someone better, or at least younger and having the potential to be better.

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and consider the possibility the club was undervaluing him but on balance now reading all reports and rumours I think he just overvalues himself (as others have said above).

demeant0r

I've no idea under what basis he thinks he's better than being in a mid-table club. He's had good games for sure, but he's been very sloppy with his passing and has regular-ish lapses in concentration. One bad thing though is he's homegrown so we'll be down one homegrown player.

Eton White

Quote from: demeant0r on April 26, 2024, 07:48:45 PMI've no idea under what basis he thinks he's better than being in a mid-table club. He's had good games for sure, but he's been very sloppy with his passing and has regular-ish lapses in concentration. One bad thing though is he's homegrown so we'll be down one homegrown player.

It could be something to do with him  starting off his career at Man City. He probably always thought he was destined for bigger things. Who knows?

Asotosyios

I won't hold any grudges against Tosin if he decides to go and don't agree with the idea that he thinks he's bigger than the club.

It looks like he's confident that he can do well in a different challenge, which is something not only footballers but most workers think and look for new challenges very often.

There could be other reasons that he didn't want to renew his contract: more money, going back North (perhaps to play for Manchester United or Newcastle), wanting a new experience abroad and a different league, something else or a combination of these.

Yes, he made mistakes and was not the best ever player to wear the Fulham shirt but he was a good professional and helped us a lot - we surely helped him too. I couldn't ask for anything more and wish him well, unless when he plays against Fulham in the future.

sunburywhite

Quote from: Asotosyios on April 26, 2024, 08:09:40 PMI won't hold any grudges against Tosin if he decides to go and don't agree with the idea that he thinks he's bigger than the club.

It looks like he's confident that he can do well in a different challenge, which is something not only footballers but most workers think and look for new challenges very often.

There could be other reasons that he didn't want to renew his contract: more money, going back North (perhaps to play for Manchester United or Newcastle), wanting a new experience abroad and a different league, something else or a combination of these.

Yes, he made mistakes and was not the best ever player to wear the Fulham shirt but he was a good professional and helped us a lot - we surely helped him too. I couldn't ask for anything more and wish him well, unless when he plays against Fulham in the future.

The Zat Knight of his day
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

cmg

I thought Luc De Fougerolles looked a stylish and accomplished CB in the recent u21s demo of Chelsea.
At age 18 he might be a decent bet for 3rd choice CB next term. Problem is, he isn't very big.