watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Right back problems

Started by sunburywhite, January 27, 2011, 11:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

I can't see why so many people love Pantsil, sure he "loves" the crowd etc but he always seems to put us in the mire at least once during the game. The thing that probably worries me more is he seems to get a red mist come down if he thinks a decision has gone against him. He seems in danger of getting a second card very quickly, he was also like this in the Wigan game when he got booked.
Hughes has problems filling the two full back slots as Baird can't play in both places at the same time, Kelly is so -so and Salcido has gone off the boil, but I wonder if he has looked at using Riise at right back?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Ordar

I was thinking about this. Maybe the solution is to either play Duff at LB as he played for Newcastle, or Davies at RB as he did in Europe a few games last year?

Or crazy thought...both

Tonywa

Bloody Pantsil.  What a liability.  Poor defending, poor going forward, forever giving away needless free kicks in dangerous places and temperamentally a walking time bomb ready to go off at any time.  Unless we re-sign Konch and move Baird to right back we have problems in the position. 

Bilet

Baird at right, Konch at left.

AlFayedsChequebook

ImperialWhite

AlFayedsChequebook

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Ron Sheepskin

"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

Matt

Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

richie17

is that the sound of knees jerking?  He was pretty unlucky on the goal, he and Stockdale got in an almighty mess and it looked a lot worse than it was.  He's not great but has been doing a decent job since he got back into the side. 

jarv

Pants has made himself a favourite with the fans, in an old fashioned way. However, he does make a lot of mistakes. Give him a C+, needs to improve. Baird, I don't care where he plays as long as he is in the team.

Bigger picture, the reason there is a perceived full back problem could be that Fulham are actually pushing forward more under Hughes. They are a bit more vulnerable on the break.

finnster01

I have it from great authority that Pantsil has been shopped around this window by the club but no acceptable takers at this time.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: richie17 on January 27, 2011, 01:00:48 PM
is that the sound of knees jerking?  He was pretty unlucky on the goal, he and Stockdale got in an almighty mess and it looked a lot worse than it was.  He's not great but has been doing a decent job since he got back into the side. 

I have been a critic of his since the start of the season. Without the cover he used to get under Hodgson, Pantsil is not as good. I don't blame him for the goal last night at all and he did relatively well. But I think Baird offers more and would like to see a proper left back (bombing forward and getting balls into dangerous areas) come into the team.

ImperialWhite

I don't think so - he's been making mistakes all season.

Against WBA at home, he was atrocious, and it was only even poorer finishing from the Baggies and cover from Duff that kept us a clean sheet that day. Similar against Wigan away and Sunderland at home - he's very easily beaten and frequently finds himself stranded. IMO it's JP that has put the shackles on Duff this season, not Duff's performances in themselves.

duffbeer

Quote from: ImperialWhite on January 27, 2011, 01:45:31 PM

Against WBA at home, he was atrocious, and it was only even poorer finishing from the Baggies and cover from Duff that kept us a clean sheet that day. Similar against Wigan away and Sunderland at home - he's very easily beaten and frequently finds himself stranded. IMO it's JP that has put the shackles on Duff this season, not Duff's performances in themselves.

+1  Pants is a mess.  Baird, Davies, or Duff on the right.  Salcido on left. 

cebu

Quote from: ImperialWhite on January 27, 2011, 01:45:31 PM

+2

Duff was called upon repeatedly to cover again yesterday.

Tonywa

I thought he looked dodgy (and said so) the first time I saw him in a pre-season friendly just after he signed - so please don't accuse me of making a knee jerk reaction.

sunburywhite

I still say try Riise there, he can tackle, has a fair amount of pace, can croos a ball if he gets to the byline. Whilst his passing is not good enough for a midfielder it would be good enough for a right back