watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Any German Americans On Here?

Started by White Noise, January 29, 2011, 08:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

When a man is young, it's beer, sex & football. When he's old it's beer, football and sex. Sex & football are similar. I remember when I could play a decent right wing. Beer, however, is eternal.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

pettyfog

First.. WTH happened to my huge ass blathering post on this subject?

Now onto business..{I've told this before on FUSA} I actually got turned onto Dos Equis in the seventies,,l in Detroit MI of all places.
Around 1990, was at a project meeting in the Lexis/Nexis downtown offices {on Central Ave} and after biz, we adjourned to a pretty common hotel bar for happy hour.
I swear everyone of the lawyers ordered a Corona and a slice.  When it came around to me I ordered Dos Equis and peanuts.  
Of course those yuppies thought I had no class but the hispanic waiter crinkled his eyes at me, and I was first served from that time on.

Quote from: finnster01 on February 13, 2011, 05:39:49 PM
I never understood the Corona thing.

Pretty sad affairs really. People here in NYC go completely lady ga-ga over it. I guess it is the "trendy" beer to drink these days by young analysts just out of school with Goldman Sachs business cards in their pockets. I have been told by my local Irish pub owner that it used to be Heineken, then Fosters and now Corona...And what is up with the lemon? That's a waste of tequila condiments. Not much wrong with a couple of Petron shots to get in the right frame of mind.
:yay:

The Scotsman: Take care cutting carbon, or you may end up using more
QuotePublished Date: 14 February 2011
By Jane Bradley
A householder who switches to energy-saving bulbs can save £40 a year, according to the Energy Savings Trust, meaning he can afford to treat himself to an extra 12 bottles of Mexican beer Corona at an average city bar price of £3.35.
:tom:  
I'm rather drink a Bud Light.

FatFreddysCat

A little song i found just for vyou German/ Americans
Rammstein - Amerika

YankeeJim

Two questions Freddy. Was this filmed in Amerika & are 'merikans the only people in the world who wash their hair?

Just wondering.  :023:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

duffbeer

Quote from: YankeeJim on April 06, 2011, 03:18:16 AM
Two questions Freddy. Was this filmed in Amerika & are 'merikans the only people in the world who wash their hair?

Just wondering.  :023:

We've forced our fast food on the rest of the world, but still havent managed the washing and hygiene bit (except for the nice clean restrooms in McDonalds of course).  It helps to have warm water.  I felt sorry for the starving people in Africa so I started sending them take out pizza.  I meant well but now they have diabetes!

Good news is the song gave us credit for the wonderbra!!  

SoCalJoe

In regards to the original point of the thread... Yes, Oktoberfest celebrations, the best in SoCal is up in the local mountains in the town of Big Bear, at their convention center, always a good time.

Now to what the thread has morphed into; Negra Modelo is excellent, Dos Equis is good (when in Mexico, I don't buy it up here), Bohemia is also very good, and when we traveled in central mexico there is a beer called India that reminds me of Sierra Nevada and very good. Pacifico is very consistent on both sides of the border, and I don't mind Sol, but the locals regard it as the equivelant of Old Milwaukee.
You can observe a lot by just watching.