watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone else a college basketball fan?

Started by Tom, February 01, 2011, 08:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

My San Diego State Aztecs are kicking some serious ass this year! I have season tickets for basketball and football. Go Aztecs!!!
Fulham for life!

AmericanJames

Thank you for your football coach...Go Blue
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

Steve_orino

Quote from: Tom on February 01, 2011, 08:23:09 AM
My San Diego State Aztecs are kicking some serious ass this year! I have season tickets for basketball and football. Go Aztecs!!!

Sorry Tom, only in March...really can't be bothered with it otherwise.
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

AmericanJames

You guys are looking good, besides if you have to play Jimmer Fredette  again that is

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on February 03, 2011, 12:57:31 AM
You guys are looking good, besides if you have to play Jimmer Fredette  again that is
We are looking great! 22-1 after tonight. We will beat Jimmer at home on Feb 26th on national t.v. It will be on CBS starting at 11 am Pacific time. Game has been sold out for a couple months already. All the rest of our home games are already sold out.
Fulham for life!

FatFreddysCat

It takes some doing to make cricket look interesting, but basketball manages it easily  :046:

Tom

Fulham for life!

Tom

24-1 after tonight. Ranked 6th in the nation and kicked the living sh!t out of Utah tonight by 32 points. Great and fun game to be at tonight.
Fulham for life!

AmericanJames

Just remember Steve Fisher did it at Michigan 1st
and then the program fell apart

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on February 10, 2011, 07:23:28 PM
Just remember Steve Fisher did it at Michigan 1st
and then the program fell apart
Steve Fisher is a great man and coach! I am so happy since he arrived. He is a class act and I wouldn't want anyone else guiding our ship.  :wine:
Fulham for life!

Tom

My boys are now 25-1. Most wins in Div I basketball this year. My Aztecs and Ohio State are the only two teams with only 1 loss. Tough win over UNLV in Las Vegas tonight. Cannot wait to go to Las Vegas next month for the MWC tournament. Im really bummed that Fulham aren't playing that weekend because I would have loved to have bet on the game.
Fulham for life!

AmericanJames

honestly mate i am really happy for you but please remember that you are a sweet 16 team at best, the mtn west conference is a joke, you have a good team dont get me wrong but saying that you have the most wins in D1 is a bit of a joke. Please step up your nonconference schedule before you beg for respect, my uofm team could have went undefeated in the mwc as well, you are not Butler(Last year) and never will be I hate to burst your midmajor bubble but no matter how many times you beat UNLV no one will take you seriously, Play Michigan State's nonconference schedule and lose 1 game an I'll bow at your feet, but until then you are just another 5 seed who will have their season ended by a 12

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on February 13, 2011, 10:24:02 AM
honestly mate i am really happy for you but please remember that you are a sweet 16 team at best, the mtn west conference is a joke, you have a good team dont get me wrong but saying that you have the most wins in D1 is a bit of a joke. Please step up your nonconference schedule before you beg for respect, my uofm team could have went undefeated in the mwc as well, you are not Butler(Last year) and never will be I hate to burst your midmajor bubble but no matter how many times you beat UNLV no one will take you seriously, Play Michigan State's nonconference schedule and lose 1 game an I'll bow at your feet, but until then you are just another 5 seed who will have their season ended by a 12
:tom: are you talking about? You really shouldn't talk about something unless you know what you are talking about. Are you drunk and sh!t faced right now? The MWC conference is not a joke. We will be no less than a 3 seed. If we win out, we will be a #1 seed. Michigan State was and is so over rated this year. We have the 6th and 7th ranked teams in the nation right now and we are the 4th ranked conference in the nation right now. Our rpi is #4 in the nation and the hated byu cougars have the #1 rpi in te nation. So please explain to me how the MWC conference is a joke? Oh and the MWC is not mid major in basketball, just ask ESPN that. Btw, your UofM team wouldn't even come close to going undefeated in the MWC. People don't understand how hard it is to play in the MWC with the different altitudes. We would smoke you guys! I am going to the football at the big house next year when we play you guys. Do you go to the football games? Don't be surprised when we beat you.
Fulham for life!

finnster01

I went to the doctor and he told me my rpi was absolutely disgusting and possibly one of the worst he has ever seen...  :58:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

AmericanJames

I was drunk and sh1tfaced, but the only ranked team you've beat was Cal and the other solid team you have played (BYU) you lost to. MSU is over rated but atleast they've played strong teams (Washington, UConn, Duke, Syracuse, Texas and all the other ranked teams in the Big Ten). You guys and BYU are pretty good but no other team in the MWC could hold their own in the Big Ten or any other major conference . As for football don't be surprised to be shite like you used to be with in 3 yrs, and coming into the Big House and beating us is probably one of the bigger jokes I've heard in a while I won't be surprised to beat you by 30

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on February 13, 2011, 11:00:24 PM
I was drunk and sh1tfaced, but the only ranked team you've beat was Cal and the other solid team you have played (BYU) you lost to. MSU is over rated but atleast they've played strong teams (Washington, UConn, Duke, Syracuse, Texas and all the other ranked teams in the Big Ten). You guys and BYU are pretty good but no other team in the MWC could hold their own in the Big Ten or any other major conference . As for football don't be surprised to be shite like you used to be with in 3 yrs, and coming into the Big House and beating us is probably one of the bigger jokes I've heard in a while I won't be surprised to beat you by 30
Again  :tom:! You must be drinking again. You really have no clue what you are talking about. Cal is not ranked. Just to let you know, we played Cal at Cal and Kansas played Cal at Cal. We beat Cal worse than Kansas beat them and Kansas will probably be the new #1 tomorrow. We beat Cal by 20 and Kansas only beat them by 16. So already you credibility is out the window. We have played Strong teams as well. Did you not read that we have the #4 RPI in the nation? Have you heard of Gonzage, Wichita State, St. Marys? All teams that have been ranked this year. Good teams take care of business of the court and we have done that. As for football, I have already seen one pre-season ranking by ESPN or CBS and they had the Aztecs #25 and Michigan #41. Couple years ago we barely lost to you in the Big House. If our receiver hadn't dropped a touchdown pass, we would have beat you. I will gladly bet you on this game. Mark my words, we will be a better and stronger team with Long as the head coach. Again put your money where your mouth is because you have no CLUE what you are talking about. You don't know your elbow from your ass! I will gladly bet you on the football game and the NCAA basketball seeding. Would love to watch the game at the Big House with you and watch the expression on your face when you lose.
Fulham for life!

AmericanJames

Sober but hungover, my apologizes I miss spoke it was Gonzaga not Cal who was ranked when you played them. Saying that just because you beat a team and then another one beat them by less is a weak sauce argument like saying because the USMNT beat Spain and Spain won the World Cup that we should have won it. Going by preseason rankings Alabama beats Ohio State in lasts years national championship game, please pass that info on to Aurburn. Be realistic you lost the coach who made you and while I hope for your sake Long can continue what Hoke started but chances are you will go right back to mid level, mid conference mediocrity. Yet by saying "I don't know my ass from my elbow" and "to put my money where my mouth is" you sound like a ignorant muppet who and way too full of yourself (and your team) and a delusion disillusioned fanatic who can't see the talent of their squad objectively. I know Michigan isn't going to be challenging for a National Championship a Big Ten Title next year yet I do know that most likely we will do well against our non-conference schedule and we have the Big Ten offensive player of the year coming back. Don't get me wrong you have a solid squad but not Big Ten caliber . Enjoy your success and be happy about but don't kid yourself into thinking you can go the full 15 with the Big Boys. But good luck going forward I do enjoy watching the little guy making some noise, hopefully you can prove me wrong and your the next TCU in football and Butler in basketball.

BarryP

Quote from: Tom on February 14, 2011, 02:49:18 AM
Again  :tom:! You must be drinking again. You really have no clue what you are talking about. Cal is not ranked. Just to let you know, we played Cal at Cal and Kansas played Cal at Cal. We beat Cal worse than Kansas beat them and Kansas will probably be the new #1 tomorrow. We beat Cal by 20 and Kansas only beat them by 16. So already you credibility is out the window. We have played Strong teams as well. Did you not read that we have the #4 RPI in the nation? Have you heard of Gonzage, Wichita State, St. Marys? All teams that have been ranked this year. Good teams take care of business of the court and we have done that. As for football, I have already seen one pre-season ranking by ESPN or CBS and they had the Aztecs #25 and Michigan #41. Couple years ago we barely lost to you in the Big House. If our receiver hadn't dropped a touchdown pass, we would have beat you. I will gladly bet you on this game. Mark my words, we will be a better and stronger team with Long as the head coach. Again put your money where your mouth is because you have no CLUE what you are talking about. You don't know your elbow from your ass! I will gladly bet you on the football game and the NCAA basketball seeding. Would love to watch the game at the Big House with you and watch the expression on your face when you lose.

I am going to throw out the caveat that I know nothing about San Diego State and they may be an excellent team but if your hanging your hat on wins over Gonzaga and Wichita State then your argument is a bit weak.  Gonzaga was ranked at the beginning of the year but that was on reputation.  Gonzaga may not even be a tournament team this year and Wichita State is a really good team for the MVC (which I follow by the way) but I would not call that equivalent to a Purdue or Wisconsin.  I might give you an Illinois or Minnesota.  Maybe.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on February 14, 2011, 05:01:37 AM
Sober but hungover, my apologizes I miss spoke it was Gonzaga not Cal who was ranked when you played them. Saying that just because you beat a team and then another one beat them by less is a weak sauce argument like saying because the USMNT beat Spain and Spain won the World Cup that we should have won it. Going by preseason rankings Alabama beats Ohio State in lasts years national championship game, please pass that info on to Aurburn. Be realistic you lost the coach who made you and while I hope for your sake Long can continue what Hoke started but chances are you will go right back to mid level, mid conference mediocrity. Yet by saying "I don't know my ass from my elbow" and "to put my money where my mouth is" you sound like a ignorant muppet who and way too full of yourself (and your team) and a delusion disillusioned fanatic who can't see the talent of their squad objectively. I know Michigan isn't going to be challenging for a National Championship a Big Ten Title next year yet I do know that most likely we will do well against our non-conference schedule and we have the Big Ten offensive player of the year coming back. Don't get me wrong you have a solid squad but not Big Ten caliber . Enjoy your success and be happy about but don't kid yourself into thinking you can go the full 15 with the Big Boys. But good luck going forward I do enjoy watching the little guy making some noise, hopefully you can prove me wrong and your the next TCU in football and Butler in basketball.
Like I said, put your money where your mouth is. I follow college football very closely and SDSU even more closely. Come to the game this year and we can watch it together.
Fulham for life!

Tom

Quote from: BarryP on February 14, 2011, 05:19:00 AM
Quote from: Tom on February 14, 2011, 02:49:18 AM

I am going to throw out the caveat that I know nothing about San Diego State and they may be an excellent team but if your hanging your hat on wins over Gonzaga and Wichita State then your argument is a bit weak.  Gonzaga was ranked at the beginning of the year but that was on reputation.  Gonzaga may not even be a tournament team this year and Wichita State is a really good team for the MVC (which I follow by the way) but I would not call that equivalent to a Purdue or Wisconsin.  I might give you an Illinois or Minnesota.  Maybe.
Barry, don't put your foot in your mouth when you said that you don't know much about SDSU. There is a reason we are ranked #6 in the nation right now. There is also a reason we have the #4 RPI in the nation. There is a reason we have the most wins and road wins in the nation. There is a reason why the MWC conference is ranked #4 in the nation. We will probably get 4 teams in the tournament this year. SDSU, BYU, Colorado State, UNLV and New Mexico are all good teams. We lost to BYU at BYU and nobody goes in there and wins. We will beat them at home on February 26th. Watch the game, it is on national t.v. on CBS at 11am Pacific time. You will see how good of a team we have.
Fulham for life!