https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone else a college basketball fan?

Started by Tom, February 01, 2011, 08:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanJames

Quote from: Tom on February 14, 2011, 05:41:11 AM
Quote from: AmericanJames on February 14, 2011, 05:01:37 AM
Sober but hungover, my apologizes I miss spoke it was Gonzaga not Cal who was ranked when you played them. Saying that just because you beat a team and then another one beat them by less is a weak sauce argument like saying because the USMNT beat Spain and Spain won the World Cup that we should have won it. Going by preseason rankings Alabama beats Ohio State in lasts years national championship game, please pass that info on to Aurburn. Be realistic you lost the coach who made you and while I hope for your sake Long can continue what Hoke started but chances are you will go right back to mid level, mid conference mediocrity. Yet by saying "I don't know my ass from my elbow" and "to put my money where my mouth is" you sound like a ignorant muppet who and way too full of yourself (and your team) and a delusion disillusioned fanatic who can't see the talent of their squad objectively. I know Michigan isn't going to be challenging for a National Championship a Big Ten Title next year yet I do know that most likely we will do well against our non-conference schedule and we have the Big Ten offensive player of the year coming back. Don't get me wrong you have a solid squad but not Big Ten caliber . Enjoy your success and be happy about but don't kid yourself into thinking you can go the full 15 with the Big Boys. But good luck going forward I do enjoy watching the little guy making some noise, hopefully you can prove me wrong and your the next TCU in football and Butler in basketball.
Like I said, put your money where your mouth is. I follow college football very closely and SDSU even more closely. Come to the game this year and we can watch it together.

If  your in Ann Arbor I'll met you there,its only about a 3 hr drive and a great town to party in.If SDST are going to be good as you say they are this yr it should be a good game and and a good time.

Michigan has a great offense coming back from last year despite the system change, it should be explosive. The defense should be better, because honestly it has nowhere to go but up and also the coaching staff is going to turn it around Hoke is going to do work on the squad and Greg Mattison is going to be a great coordinator for us as well, the old Michigan attitude will be back as well as a little swagger.
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on February 14, 2011, 06:40:51 AM
Quote from: Tom on February 14, 2011, 05:41:11 AM
Quote from: AmericanJames on February 14, 2011, 05:01:37 AM
Sober but hungover, my apologizes I miss spoke it was Gonzaga not Cal who was ranked when you played them. Saying that just because you beat a team and then another one beat them by less is a weak sauce argument like saying because the USMNT beat Spain and Spain won the World Cup that we should have won it. Going by preseason rankings Alabama beats Ohio State in lasts years national championship game, please pass that info on to Aurburn. Be realistic you lost the coach who made you and while I hope for your sake Long can continue what Hoke started but chances are you will go right back to mid level, mid conference mediocrity. Yet by saying "I don't know my ass from my elbow" and "to put my money where my mouth is" you sound like a ignorant muppet who and way too full of yourself (and your team) and a delusion disillusioned fanatic who can't see the talent of their squad objectively. I know Michigan isn't going to be challenging for a National Championship a Big Ten Title next year yet I do know that most likely we will do well against our non-conference schedule and we have the Big Ten offensive player of the year coming back. Don't get me wrong you have a solid squad but not Big Ten caliber . Enjoy your success and be happy about but don't kid yourself into thinking you can go the full 15 with the Big Boys. But good luck going forward I do enjoy watching the little guy making some noise, hopefully you can prove me wrong and your the next TCU in football and Butler in basketball.
Like I said, put your money where your mouth is. I follow college football very closely and SDSU even more closely. Come to the game this year and we can watch it together.

If  your in Ann Arbor I'll met you there,its only about a 3 hr drive and a great town to party in.If SDST are going to be good as you say they are this yr it should be a good game and and a good time.

Michigan has a great offense coming back from last year despite the system change, it should be explosive. The defense should be better, because honestly it has nowhere to go but up and also the coaching staff is going to turn it around Hoke is going to do work on the squad and Greg Mattison is going to be a great coordinator for us as well, the old Michigan attitude will be back as well as a little swagger.
Should be a great game and  good time. We will bring a lot of fans. I am going for sure. So make plans to go and we can hang out. Game is on September 24th.
Fulham for life!

AmericanJames

We should have a Fulham game that weekend as well so we can root together than against each other. Keep me posted on your plans as it nears.

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on February 14, 2011, 09:59:27 AM
We should have a Fulham game that weekend as well so we can root together than against each other. Keep me posted on your plans as it nears.
Sounds good to me James. I will get there either on Thursday or Friday.
Fulham for life!

Tom

Fulham for life!

Tom

27-1 now. Best record in college basketball and will be moving up in the rankings from #6 to #5 or #4 come Monday. Huge showdown with BYU next Saturday.
Fulham for life!

YankeeJim

Tom,
Happy things are going well but if you want to be a good college basketball team you have to take the run  down tobacco road and play Duke, Carolina &  NC St in a long weekend. Oh, & then take a run at the Cavs & my Terps. If your still standing, Clemson & Wake are waiting. Best basketball, short of the Madness of March, by far. And...............some of them actually graduate.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Tom

Quote from: YankeeJim on February 20, 2011, 02:30:23 AM
Tom,
Happy things are going well but if you want to be a good college basketball team you have to take the run  down tobacco road and play Duke, Carolina &  NC St in a long weekend. Oh, & then take a run at the Cavs & my Terps. If your still standing, Clemson & Wake are waiting. Best basketball, short of the Madness of March, by far. And...............some of them actually graduate.
My boys would have no problem playing any ACC team this year. I have heard it several times on ESPN, that SDSU would give Duke all they could handle. I hope to play an ACC team in the NCAA tournament.
Fulham for life!

aconnecticutyankee

Guys, let me know when you'd like to play a Big East schedule. My UCONN # 12 (20-6) may be the 6-7 best team in the league.

AmericanJames

Quote from: aconnecticutyankee on February 20, 2011, 12:11:37 PM
Guys, let me know when you'd like to play a Big East schedule. My UCONN # 12 (20-6) may be the 6-7 best team in the league.
Yea at last look you guys are projected to have 11 tournament teams (two more than the mwc has teams) and have 7 teams in the top 25. Much respect for that schedule mate.

Tom

Quote from: aconnecticutyankee on February 20, 2011, 12:11:37 PM
The Big East is great this year! Brutal schedule. Any team coming out of the Big East should be ready for the tournament.
Fulham for life!

YankeeJim

Things vary year to year but over the last 40 years the best of college hoops as been the ACC unless you had a guy name Wooten running the show. The Big East has been strong the last few years, Before that the Big Ten made a run and at other times the SEC has been strong but year in year out regardless of who's up that year, the ACC is as strong as it gets.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

AmericanJames

ACC is always strong just because you have Duke and North Carolina who have been strong for the last 30 odd yrs, other than that there is always the rise and the fall in the other big leagues,  but over last 10 yrs there have been a handful consistently strong teams, Duke, UNC, MSU, Syracuse, Uconn, maybe Florida and Texas.

Tom

Quote from: YankeeJim on February 20, 2011, 05:04:40 PM
the ACC is as strong as it gets.
Not this year. The MWC is rated higher than the ACC this year.
Fulham for life!

AmericanJames

Big win in a boring game by MSU last night
UofM on right now vs #12 Wisc at home, in need of a big win (and a couple more) to give them a chance to make the Dance

AmericanJames

Rough loss, banked 3 at the buzzer...say hello to the NIT

Tom

My Aztecs move up two spots to #4 in the nation. #2 RPI in the nation.   :54:
Fulham for life!

AmericanJames

just out of curiosity whats your strength of schedule at?

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on February 24, 2011, 04:40:10 PM
Aztecs #34 and Duke is #39. We have a better SOS than Duke. So we have a better SOS and record than Duke but they are ranked ahead of us?  :tom:
Fulham for life!

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on February 24, 2011, 04:40:10 PM
Also if we win on Saturday, it will push our SOS up to #24 from #34.
Fulham for life!