Main Menu

Anyone else a college basketball fan?

Started by Tom, February 01, 2011, 08:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on March 06, 2011, 11:53:24 PM
Quote from: Tom on March 06, 2011, 07:45:35 AM
Quote from: AmericanJames on March 03, 2011, 05:38:19 AM
Win in the regular season finale against MSU at home would be huge, a loss and I feel they will need to win atleast 2 in the Big 10 turney. Here's to hope, but it has been a nice turnaround after losing I think it was 7 straight at one point in the season. I just hope they look at how well we've played against top teams (syracuse, osu and kansas) in games we didnt win
Well James, you got your wish. Nice win over MSU. Great night in San Diego! Beat CSU and are co-champs with BYU. Best record in college basketball at 29-2. Should move up 2 to 3 spots in the new polls on Monday. If we run the table and win the MWC tournament and get some help, we could still get a #1 seed. Should get no worse than a #2 seed. Can't wait to hit Vegas on Wednesday for the tournament. Disappointed Fulham isn't playing this weekend, would have loved to have bet on them like I did last year. Go Aztecs!!!

Great win yesterday, first sweep on them since 96-97 and now the 4 seed and the 1st round bye in the big ten tournament things are looking up for us. MSU on the other hand may be one there way to the NIT if they dont win atleast 1 if not 2 in the tourny. Nice work on the regular season and the MWC tourny  just gota lot easier fro you with that honor code dismissal at BYU. But soon it will be time to see how you play with your dancing shoes on.
My dancing shoes are on my friend, I hope yours are ready to go. I hope MSU gets wacked and has to settle for the NIT. I hope we get another crack at BYU in the MWC tourny.
Fulham for life!

dtowndough

exciting times for sure. I'm going to Big Sky tourney this week.  Northern Colorado is my alma mater.  Pretty excited they have a great chance to win the conference and get in.

Tom

Quote from: dtowndough on March 07, 2011, 06:42:18 PM
exciting times for sure. I'm going to Big Sky tourney this week.  Northern Colorado is my alma mater.  Pretty excited they have a great chance to win the conference and get in.
Good luck to your team.
Fulham for life!

dtowndough

Big Sky championship tonight 7pm MST ESPN2.  Southern Miss won in CUSA, CU wins in Big 12, Northern Colorado tonight for the trifecta! 

dtowndough

Stormed the court and everything last night.  That was the biggest event for Northern Colorado since they won back to back DII football national championships

AmericanJames

Congrats on the big win :yay:,Hopefully the draw is kind to you
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

sacffc

Quote from: Tom on March 07, 2011, 03:27:47 AM
Win in the regular season finale against MSU at home would be huge, a loss and I feel they will need to win atleast 2 in the Big 10 turney. Here's to hope, but it has been a nice turnaround after losing I think it was 7 straight at one point in the season. I just hope they look at how well we've played against top teams (syracuse, osu and kansas) in games we didnt win
Well James, you got your wish. Nice win over MSU. Great night in San Diego! Beat CSU and are co-champs with BYU. Best record in college basketball at 29-2. Should move up 2 to 3 spots in the new polls on Monday. If we run the table and win the MWC tournament and get some help, we could still get a #1 seed. Should get no worse than a #2 seed. Can't wait to hit Vegas on Wednesday for the tournament. Disappointed Fulham isn't playing this weekend, would have loved to have bet on them like I did last year. Go Aztecs!!!

Great win yesterday, first sweep on them since 96-97 and now the 4 seed and the 1st round bye in the big ten tournament things are looking up for us. MSU on the other hand may be one there way to the NIT if they dont win atleast 1 if not 2 in the tourny. Nice work on the regular season and the MWC tourny  just gota lot easier fro you with that honor code dismissal at BYU. But soon it will be time to see how you play with your dancing shoes on.
My dancing shoes are on my friend, I hope yours are ready to go. I hope MSU gets wacked and has to settle for the NIT. I hope we get another crack at BYU in the MWC tourny.

I would say the Aztecs cracked them quite convincingly.
My music blog:  If you just Stand There and Play, is it worth listening to?

AmericanJames

Yea but they didnt cover the  over :tom:

AmericanJames

Congrats on the 2 seed, hopefully we meet up in the elite 8

dtowndough

well sac, i'm sorry that you have to go down to a #15 seed!  Go Bears!  Can't believe Colorado didn't make it.  I honestly don't know  you beat K State three times and they still make it.

RidgeRider

I just want to know how do they get away calling the West 'the West' when only 1 city in the first 2 rounds is actually in the West? When did Charlotte, Tulsa and Washington D.C. get move out here? Unbelievable.

AmericanJames

Quote from: RidgeRider on March 14, 2011, 06:42:18 PM
I just want to know how do they get away calling the West 'the West' when only 1 city in the first 2 rounds is actually in the West? When did Charlotte, Tulsa and Washington D.C. get move out here? Unbelievable.

One of those things that never really made sense to me, that and why make teams travel so much? why not  have teams from the west actually play in the west regional?

Tom

Quote from: dtowndough on March 10, 2011, 06:50:08 PM
Stormed the court and everything last night.  That was the biggest event for Northern Colorado since they won back to back DII football national championships
I also stormed the court when my Aztecs jimmered by-who and beat the sh!t out of them Saturday night.
Fulham for life!

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on March 10, 2011, 10:45:18 PM
Congrats on the big win :yay:,Hopefully the draw is kind to you
Well, he didn't get lucky on the draw. I wish it were different.
Fulham for life!

Tom

Quote from: sacffc on March 13, 2011, 02:02:12 AM
Quote from: Tom on March 07, 2011, 03:27:47 AM

Great win yesterday, first sweep on them since 96-97 and now the 4 seed and the 1st round bye in the big ten tournament things are looking up for us. MSU on the other hand may be one there way to the NIT if they dont win atleast 1 if not 2 in the tourny. Nice work on the regular season and the MWC tourny  just gota lot easier fro you with that honor code dismissal at BYU. But soon it will be time to see how you play with your dancing shoes on.

I would say the Aztecs cracked them quite convincingly.
Hell yeah! Beat the sh!t out of by-who. What a beautiful thing of beauty that was.
Fulham for life!

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on March 14, 2011, 03:36:54 AM
Congrats on the 2 seed, hopefully we meet up in the elite 8
Thanks James. I told you weeks ago if not a month ago we would be no worse than a 2 seed and you didn't believe me. We even could have have got and deserved a #1 seed. Best record in the nation, #3 RPI in the nation and we are the only team in the nation not to lose to a team we shouldn't have and only team to not lose to a non ranked team.
Fulham for life!

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on March 13, 2011, 10:15:53 AM
Yea but they didnt cover the  over :tom:
The covered the spread and won me money!  :yay:
Fulham for life!

Tom

Quote from: dtowndough on March 14, 2011, 04:59:04 PM
well sac, i'm sorry that you have to go down to a #15 seed!  Go Bears!  Can't believe Colorado didn't make it.  I honestly don't know  you beat K State three times and they still make it.
Colorado got jobbed! They should have been in over UAB and USC.
Fulham for life!

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on March 14, 2011, 11:08:18 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on March 14, 2011, 06:42:18 PM

One of those things that never really made sense to me, that and why make teams travel so much? why not  have teams from the west actually play in the west regional?
I also give this a huge  :tom:!
Fulham for life!

Tom

My boys took care of business and whacked Northern Colorado by 18 points.  Sorry about that dtowndough, not really.  :dft012:
Fulham for life!