watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone else a college basketball fan?

Started by Tom, February 01, 2011, 08:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Sorry James, MSU out in the first round. I picked them for you in my bracket though. I went with them over the Southern California boys. I hate fucla. Damn Spartans! I picked Tennessee over Michigan tomorrow in my bracket.
Fulham for life!

Tom

Man was I wrong about Michigan today James. Michigan is kicking Tennessee by 30 points with a minute left. Bye, bye Bruce Pearl.
Fulham for life!

AmericanJames

Quote from: Tom on March 18, 2011, 06:41:24 PM
Man was I wrong about Michigan today James. Michigan is kicking Tennessee by 30 points with a minute left. Bye, bye Bruce Pearl.

It was a thing of beauty, nervous about Duke though especially after that Fab 5 documentary. First team in NCAA history not to make a free throw 0 for 1.
It would have been nice to see Oakland beat Texas, that Benson kid is a joy to watch.
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on March 18, 2011, 07:03:48 PM
Quote from: Tom on March 18, 2011, 06:41:24 PM

It was a thing of beauty, nervous about Duke though especially after that Fab 5 documentary. First team in NCAA history not to make a free throw 0 for 1.
It would have been nice to see Oakland beat Texas, that Benson kid is a joy to watch.
Michigan didn't make a free-throw with all the points they scored? If so, WOW! Yeah, you guys will lose to Duke, sorry. I was hoping Oakland would beat Texas too. Oakland played well.
Fulham for life!

Tom

My Aztecs took care of business in double OT to move into the Sweet 16!  :beer:  :wine:  :beer:  :wine:  :beer:  :wine:
Fulham for life!

Tom

James, I hope Michigan wins. Good luck and beat Duke!
Fulham for life!

AmericanJames

Quote from: Tom on March 20, 2011, 07:02:49 PM
James, I hope Michigan wins. Good luck and beat Duke!

Not looking good Nolan Smith is taking it to us :doh:
Quote from: Tom on March 20, 2011, 09:30:08 AM
My Aztecs took care of business in double OT to move into the Sweet 16!  :beer:  :wine:  :beer:  :wine:  :beer:  :wine:

Just a bit of a nail bitter for you eh?

Tom

Just a bit of a nail bitter for you eh?
[/quote] At the end yeah.
Fulham for life!

Tom

Fulham for life!

AmericanJames

Disappointing finish but an overall success of a yr, it's been great to see UofM basketball back in relevancy.Honestly we over achieved a bit this yr. Next year is looking like a strong as have dont have a single sr. and a couple of real nice recruits on the way. Big Ten should be strong as well

SoCalJoe

Would have preferred your UofM team (James) winning, but now my Arizona Wildcats will take a shot at Duke. The Honda Center is 10 miles from my house and really wanted to go, but hard to justify $300 for the nose bleed section (those tix are gone as of this morning, the cheapest seat is $425 on stubhub) when I can't even get there until the end of the 4:15 pm SDSU-UConn game. Pulling for Tom's team to win, and stay to cheer us on (which will happen for sure w/an Aztec victory). Regional Final tix start at half the price (they can't charge for the doubleheader) and an all-west final of UofA-SDSU will see the price sky-rocket, but there will be plenty of seats if one or both of those fail to advance.
You can observe a lot by just watching.

duffbeer

Thought someone should post the bracket

http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/basketball-men/d1/2011

SoCal I am suddenly a Wildcat fan since they are playing Duke.  Also hope SDSU and BYU have good results on Thursday. 

Tom

Quote from: SoCalJoe on March 22, 2011, 04:12:20 PM
Would have preferred your UofM team (James) winning, but now my Arizona Wildcats will take a shot at Duke. The Honda Center is 10 miles from my house and really wanted to go, but hard to justify $300 for the nose bleed section (those tix are gone as of this morning, the cheapest seat is $425 on stubhub) when I can't even get there until the end of the 4:15 pm SDSU-UConn game. Pulling for Tom's team to win, and stay to cheer us on (which will happen for sure w/an Aztec victory). Regional Final tix start at half the price (they can't charge for the doubleheader) and an all-west final of UofA-SDSU will see the price sky-rocket, but there will be plenty of seats if one or both of those fail to advance.
SoCalJoe, I am cheering for your Wildcats. Would love to see a SDSU/AofA regional final. Let me know if you are going and we can meet up.
Fulham for life!

SoCalJoe

Quote from: Tom on March 23, 2011, 03:03:40 AM
Quote from: SoCalJoe on March 22, 2011, 04:12:20 PM
SoCalJoe, I am cheering for your Wildcats. Would love to see a SDSU/AofA regional final. Let me know if you are going and we can meet up.

Tom, not going on Thurs., you driving up? I like your teams' chances and even though they didn't play their best in Tucson, I think they'll actually relax and raise their game v UConn. Arizona has exceeded expectations (our next recruiting class is rated highly) and all Cats' fans agree we hired the right coach to get us back to where Lute had the program for decades, but not overly optimistic about beating Duke (won't rule it out however). The tix for the Regional Final are on sale at stubhub starting at $180 and plan on going if UofA advances. If both teams make it, a pregame beer in Anaheim might be the call since I'm pretty sure beer will NOT be sold at the arena (NCAA rules).
You can observe a lot by just watching.

Ag

Congrats to all of you who still have teams playing.  I was pretty bummed by A&M's opening performance until I saw what FSU did to Notre Dame.  The Jayhawks would seem to have the easiest path to the Final Four now, but with the defense FSU is playing, the Noles may pull the upset.  Hopefully for SDSU, another week off will help cool UConn.

Tom

Getting ready to leave to go catch the Amtrak Aztec party train and head up to Anaheim. I hope Arizona knocks off the Dukies. Go Aztecs!!!
Fulham for life!

AmericanJames

These two games right now have been great, having a tough time picking a game. Jimmer is one of the best shooters i have ever seen

fulhampa23

Im a huge Pitt fan in both basketball and football, so yeah I have a depression issued in late December and then again in mid march. Oh well, the Steelers and Penguins have spoiled the city lately.
"We love to win. For us, for our fans, for our Club. But we win fair. We believe in football first. We play to the spirit of the game. We are Fulham Football Club."

-Brede Hangeland

AmericanJames

Quote from: fulhampa23 on March 25, 2011, 02:56:40 AM
Im a huge Pitt fan in both basketball and football, so yeah I have a depression issued in late December and then again in mid march. Oh well, the Steelers and Penguins have spoiled the city lately.

Can't stand the Pens, but then its probably cause im a Wings fan, any news of when the crybaby is going to be back on the ice? I know he was skating lately but no real game or practice stuff

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on March 25, 2011, 01:15:40 AM
These two games right now have been great, having a tough time picking a game. Jimmer is one of the best shooters i have ever seen
It was a great game James! Sucks we lost but we had a great season that I will never forget. We hurt ourselves by not hitting our free-throws.  :tom:  And those two T's they called on us were total bullsh!t! Kemba is a f#cking flopper. I thought I was watching a soccer game.  :tom:  We had the lead and momentum when both of them were called and that changed everything. Great season Aztecs! I am proud of you!  :wine:
Fulham for life!