watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Other Manager's Views

Started by Peabody, February 03, 2011, 10:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

First we had Ferguson not liking our dressing rooms. Then we had Harry not liking our dugout. Now we have Pardew criticising our pitch, though I have to say that I agree with him, it has lokked quite rough. However, is this a new trend by managers wishing to justify results?

Tom

The pitch looked like sh!t.  :tom:
Fulham for life!

Basil

Hardly a new trend of excuse making!

The Doctor

Pathetic attempts to detract attention from poor performances by their teams.  Also known as sour grapes.

To be fair to Pardew, the pitch was in the poorest state I've seen it for some time and the ball did take a few horrible bobbles.  But it was the same for both teams, and we showed some good passing moves in the second half so it didn't appear to hinder us too much.

LBNo11

...the pitch looked noticeably poor against Stoke and has deteriorated (by todays standards) but the point is that BOTH teams played on the same pitch and both teams had to endure the same drawbacks...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

To his credit, Duff did not blame the pitch for his earlier miss...

That pitch was shocking...

Jimpav

They should just be grateful that they don't have to play here every week.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is sick of having to sit in such a dull, unoriginal stadium (just like every other ground in the league), in such ugly surroundings and with so many thuggish yet quiet fans  :hook:

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: Jimpav on February 03, 2011, 11:03:34 AM

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is sick of having to sit in such a dull, unoriginal stadium (just like every other ground in the league), in such ugly surroundings and with so many thuggish yet quiet fans  :hook:

I think that we can all agree that Duff IS to blame for that...

sipwell

Has no manager ever complained the coach parking is too far off the stadium? Where is it, actually?
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

AlFayedsChequebook

Thuggish fans? Harsh on Newcaslte, their fans are usually good quality and really nice (the ones I have met) unlike the Spurs fans who were abusing me in the park after we won 4-0. Hilariously one was shouting about how sh1t our support was, and I just said - you dont need amazing support when you win 4-0. He nearly punched me.

JBH

Now let's see the reasons for these managers co,,emts:

Fergie - Because he can't buy 3 points at the Cottage in recent games

Redknapp - No dugout has a good veiw when you are 4 - 0 down at half time

Pardrew - Because his team were beaten by a better side that played football and not American Football

leonffc

Any pitch is going to look bad 3 days after Michael Dawsons hooves have thundered over it, albeit for 13 minutes but a donkey of that size can do some damage in little time

:dead horse:

Burt

The pitch is the same for both teams... Was not in the best of conditions though, it has to be said.

Managers always moan, that is nothing new.

I am looking forward to Sir Alex of the Rednose moaning once more when we beat them again.

Jimpav

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on February 03, 2011, 11:33:34 AM

Thuggish fans? Harsh on Newcaslte, their fans are usually good quality and really nice (the ones I have met) unlike the Spurs fans who were abusing me in the park after we won 4-0. Hilariously one was shouting about how sh1t our support was, and I just said - you dont need amazing support when you win 4-0. He nearly punched me.

I was referring to our own fans mate!

Sadly I missed the first 30 mins of the Spurs match thanks to poor planning on my part and the double header of no district line to Earls court or overground to Putney, plus engineering works from Kent.

The upside is that I saw plenty of redfaced, angry Spurs fans walking up the Stevenage Road close to tears and moaning about Fulham.

LordNelson

"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

HatterDon

I watch between 3 and 8 matches every weekend, and I'd say our pitch is suffering, but only about an average amount when compared to the rest of the league. All the snow and ice did some serious damage. Undersoil heating can clear the snow, but it has to destablize the turf a bit.

I kind of like it. It reminds me of the old days.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Rabbit

There are certainly worse pitches in the league at the moment - Molineux comes to mind. And it's not like England is used to the amount of snow that's come so far this winter...

Of all three criticisms, only Pardew's comment about the state of the pitch has any affect on the games being played, and in that case, as everyone has already stated, it's the same for both teams. Get over it - you never see winning opposition managers complain about CC, do you?

jarv

The fact seems to be, even after 10 years in the division, a european final and a decent home record, some managers still see Fulham as a soft touch. It is about time some of them did a bit more homework on their tactics. Fulham is a footballing side which will no longer accept being kicked off the park.
So, when they leave Craven Cottage with nothing, they complain in order to mask their own lack of planning.

The pitch, yes, it did not look great but then I used to play in Sussex county league and our home pitch had NO GRASS left by February. Didn't bother us too much. Can't see the problem.  :005: