watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Should Stocko Go Out On Loan?

Started by White Noise, February 03, 2011, 11:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Someone has asked Stockdale on his twitter whether he would consider going out on loan now he has been handed the second fiddle again.

http://twitter.com/davidhectoruk

He has replied that he doesn't know but will have to think things over.

What do you think would be in his best interests right now?

JBH

He should remain at the club and learn to live with the fact that as good as he has been he is afterall back up to Mark Schwarzer, I think Hughes will play him in the FA Cup

sipwell

NEIN! He should remain where he is. I think there are great things to be learned from Mr. Schwarz (after all he played World Cups, UEFA cups and top flight games) and wait for his chance. It shall come.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

White Noise

Do you learn more by playing regularly at a lower level or playing intermittently at a higher level but working with higher level players?

TonyGilroy

He's been out on loan plenty of times. He needs to wait for Schwarzer to get injured and then make his case.

It's tough for keepers because only one can play but Schwarzer is consistently so good that it has to be right to keep him as first choice.

For all that Stockdale played well in the last few games he was actually rarely troubled. He didn't have the opportunity to have the sort of game that might make Hughes consider promoting him. As it is last night Mark did everything right including one blinding late save and consistently dominating a congested penalty area. Something that Stockdale doesn't yet do as well.

AlFayedsChequebook

He should stay. I know he has had 'personal issues' in the past with managers so lets hope he has overcome those.

As usual Mark Schwarzer is spot on when he says:

"It's always tough when you come in and do well but then get left out again, but it's all part of the learning process and it's all about how you react afterwards," he said of his highly-rated understudy.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/February/SchwarzerNewcastleReaction.aspx#ixzz1CteMpC00

Stockdale will get his chances over the next year. He just needs to put his head down and work. Lets hope he does this.

Jimpav

I think Stockdale should stay put.

He's an excelent young keeper and will no doubt learn a lot from Schwarzer who is one of the best keepers in the league.

Schwarzer has only signed a one year extension so Stockdale would not need to wait long to fulfil his destiny as Fulhams number one.

If he went to another club (particularly a lower league) he wouldn't have the shelter and reliability of one of the meanest defences in the league.

You can be the best keepr in the world but if you have a leaky back four in front of you then it will only end in frustration or a dent in his confidence.

Stay with us and be rewarded Stockdale.