News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do You Think John Pantsil Will Get A New Contract?

Started by White Noise, February 03, 2011, 03:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/football-ealing/fulham-fc-ealing/2011/02/03/fulham-s-ex-west-ham-star-yet-to-open-talks-over-new-deal-82029-28109815/

Fulham's ex-West Ham star yet to open talks over new deal

Feb 3 2011

By Chris Slavin

John Pantsil

FULHAM favourite John Pantsil has yet to hold talks with the club over a new deal at Craven Cottage.

The right-back, who turns 30 in June, is out of contract this summer and is therefore now free to open up discussions about a free transfer move to another club at the end of his current deal.

But Pantsil, who joined Fulham from West Ham in July 2008, is desperate to prolong his stay with the Cottagers.

Ghanaian international Pantsil has played a key part in Fulham's greatest spell in their history that included last season's dramatic run to the Europa League final and he is keen to be a part of Mark Hughes' plans.

However, Pantsil confirmed to the Chronicle that discussions have yet to take place.

"There has been nothing like that yet," he said. "For now, I am concentrating on my game and see what the manager comes up with.

"It is not about me proving myself. I know I am doing well, my team-mates have been here for me and the manager.

"I am just going to focus on my game and not about the contract, if I do that then I do not think I can perform. I will leave that to my agent and the manager."

Pantsil endured an Anfield nightmare last Wednesday when he scored a crucial own goal, but the Craven Cottage faithful were chanting his name again during the 4-0 FA Cup thrashing of Spurs and he celebrated with his now customary victory lap of honour at the end.

And Pantsil aims to repay the fans' faith in him by helping Fulham climb away from the relegation zone, starting tomorrow at Aston Villa.

"If you look at the players in and around the team then we do not deserve to be in this position," he added. "We are not even thinking of going down. The performances have been good recently and I think we can find ourselves halfway up the table by the end of the season."

Admin

Hopefully not! Nice guy and all that but going foward he is a nightmare and a headless chicken going back. 2 stupid own goals to his name this season, so many missed placed passes and his goal ratio shows it all. A big fat "0". If anything, I think it's a postion we can improve on come the summer.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Admin on February 03, 2011, 03:49:12 PM
Hopefully not! Nice guy and all that but going foward he is a nightmare and a headless chicken going back. 2 stupid own goals to his name this season, so many missed placed passes and his goal ratio shows it all. A big fat "0". If anything, I think it's a postion we can improve on come the summer.

Completely agree, we could do better. We've relied on Duff covering Pantsil an awful lot this season.

Does make me feel guilty though - we deride good players for moving on for better money "no bloody loyalty in football anymore!", but when we have a relatively poor player in the squad, we want to get rid of him, despite clearly loving the club and the relationsip with the fans. Hypocritical, but football is a ruthless business.

White Noise

Fair point IW. Duff has given him some right tongue lashings this season - even when the game is going well!!

epsomraver

Hopefully yes, he was very good last night and is as reliable as any of the other defenders, Hughes and Hangeland cover each other most of the  time so their mistakes don't stand out,  , the wing backs are exposed on their own a lot under sparky,  Baird got caught out last night by barton several times, JP did a good job and long may he do so.

Lighthouse

Yes but like Etuhu he sometimes puts in a good performance. When he does you feel he deserves a new contract. Plus he runs around the pitch at the end. You are a heartless lot.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

AlFayedsChequebook

I think the fact that he has not signed a new contract speaks volumes about how much Hughes rates him. Etuhu and Bobby quickly signed on and Murphy recently extended.

Along with Gera, I think JP may be on his way out of the cottage this summer, although I get the feeling the club might lowball him in terms of wages to see if he is keen to stay.

I like Pantsil as a character but I think his slot could be upgraded relatively easily with a younger player.

duffbeer

No and like AlFayedCheque said it would not be difficult to upgrade to a solid reliable right back

Chopper

I appreciated he has his limitations but I really hope he gets a contract extension.

I think it's often much harder to upgrade then you'd think and even if we did get someone else in he'd be a great squad player.

Chris Baird had another storming game at Left Back on Wednesday but I wonder if we'd be better off trying to fill that position with a proper left footer and then moving Chris back to the right hand side.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

DevonFFC

To many attacks break down when the ball has been given to him and like etuhu does with murphy he does with duff, he will play the ball back to duff at every opportunity.....

Coupled with that he makes alot of rash tackles that give away dangerous freekicks.

Thank you JP

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Yes, he is (and has been for a long time) part of a very solid defence...

SmithyFFC

I think JP's always been brillant for us, he defiantley deserves a new deal.
FTID

BalDrick

As I've said before (am I getting boring?), had RH stayed I strongly suspect Pants would have been the first part of the defence he'd have looked to upgrade. Have to assume Konch would have gone too I suppose, but for me Pants is the weakest link (god I hate that woman).

Personal opinion, buy a left back (poss Konch) and switch Baird to right.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Would I like him to? YES
Do I think he will?    NO

too many mistakes,a weak point of the team now,a fans favourite yes, but  when looked at with a level head not good enough any more :dead horse:

Tonywa

Surely we should be able to do better than JP.  Baird is a better bet to start with.  JP would be the first player in the side I would seek to replace in the summer. 

Tom

Fulham for life!

bigalffc

I'd try to upgrade but would still keep pants for cover- I like his attitude.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

finnster01

Unless Pants put up some storming performances over the next few months, I am 99.99% sure he will not be offered an extension.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

cebu

He hasn't been offered a new contract yet, which suggests he won't get anything. He's obviously a very genuine and lovable guy, but that isn't a reason for offering him a contract extension.