News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR- Packers-Steelers..who are you guys going for?

Started by Jimbobob, February 04, 2011, 07:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbobob

:down_under: :down_under: :down_under:
Okay for all the Americans on the board...who are you going for in the Super Bowl?
I like both teams and I have a like for Rodgers but I have to go with the Steelers.
I am a Patriots and Panthers fan but my leanings are always with the AFC most of the time and the Steelers beat the Jets so I have to go with them.

Hope to hear from you guys!
jimbobob    :hook: :HD: :beer: :beer: :Sparkyticus: :dft012: :dft011:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

sacffc

My music blog:  If you just Stand There and Play, is it worth listening to?

FatFreddysCat

If it's not the EPL i'm not interested   :hook: . Just out of interest what sport is it? i've just seen a load of Yanks with cheese on their head on SSN, oh okay no need to answer that, i dont care  :015:

psand22

I'm pulling for the Packers, but like recent history....Big Ben will somehow pull the Steelers thru and get the win.

Jimbobob

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on February 04, 2011, 07:46:25 PM
If it's not the EPL i'm not interested   :hook: . Just out of interest what sport is it? i've just seen a load of Yanks with cheese on their head on SSN, oh okay no need to answer that, i dont care  :015:

:dft011: :dft012: :Sparkyticus:
It's the NFL - National Football League..You know that:you are just being provocative..and I thought we were not supposed to say "EPL". I thought us yanks got slapped for that??? Yes it is Cheese heads and Terrible towels...most similar to a football scarf. It is our national passion in the states. No one can dive because if you do you get your head knocked off! :037: :037: :037:
Thanks for responding and I am glad your computer problems are corrected!
Love ya bruh!
Jim
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Lighthouse

It will be llive over HERE in the UK. But I shall start to watch and may well not manage to last to the end. Remember last year for a dull match livened up by a great touchdown. But who what or where I couldn't remeber. Any game that feels like it lasts several days and yet the players are only playing for one minute 33 seconds, does seem a little hard to watch.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

finnster01

The Americans moves in mysterious ways Mr Freddy.

However after the Indians bought Blackburn strange things are beginning to happen there to. To be honest, I prefer someone with a cheese on their head to this:

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Jimbobob

Quote from: finnster01 on February 04, 2011, 08:02:01 PM

However after the Indians bought Blackburn strange things are beginning to happen there to. To be honest, I prefer someone with a cheese on their head to this:

:036: :036: :036:
Finnster....seriously...what in God's name is that????????????????????? :036: :036: :036:

FatFreddysCat

:011:

dtowndough

FatFreddysCat

Just realised they've got cheese on their heads of course i'm supporting them, what are the rules to baseball anyhow ?  :hook:

ImperialWhite

Tempted to watch my first ever Superbowl (Mondays aren't for working...).

Who should I support?

If these were Premier League teams, who would they be?

Jimbobob

Quote from: dtowndough on February 04, 2011, 08:07:05 PM
I'm pulling for the steelers simply to stay with the AFC.  

Light, you might enjoy this read.  

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704281204575002852055561406.html
:001: :001: :001:
Okay..maybe you can tell me what the above images are trying to say???????...I guess I am slow and don't understand....????
Yea I am going Steelers too...like Foote and Tomlin a lot so that is where I am going...thanks for response.

finnster01

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on February 04, 2011, 08:11:39 PM
Just realised they've got cheese on their heads of course i'm supporting them, what are the rules to baseball anyhow ?  :hook:
Needless to say, I believe Mr SilverFox will be wearing his best Roquefort on his head for the event. :dft012:

finnster01

Quote from: Jimbobob18 on February 04, 2011, 08:12:39 PM
Quote from: dtowndough on February 04, 2011, 08:07:05 PM
I'm pulling for the steelers simply to stay with the AFC. 

Light, you might enjoy this read. 

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704281204575002852055561406.html
:001: :001: :001:
Okay..maybe you can tell me what the above images are trying to say???????...I guess I am slow and don't understand....????
Yea I am going Steelers too...like Foote and Tomlin a lot so that is where I am going...thanks for response.
It has something to do with the fact that Blackburn is owned by the largest chicken producers in India...

Tom

:tom:! Just lost my appetite for lunch.
Fulham for life!

Jimbobob

Quote from: ImperialWhite on February 04, 2011, 08:11:55 PM
Tempted to watch my first ever Superbowl (Mondays aren't for working...).

Who should I support?

If these were Premier League teams, who would they be?

Long story short they are two of the four or five greatest Championship winning teams in our NFL history.
There is tons of back story with the two "quarterbacks" so you can't go wrong supporting either team if you have no dog in the fight! I will not go into a long post about the NFL because it is an American game that I know you guys have no interest in but it is our national passion. I am an exception with loving "football" as much as I love our "football". They are two different sports that I love to see at the highest level. Most Americans do not get or like or have an appreciation for FFC etc.. football.
They  would be the "Top Four" level teams as far as fan support, love, always winning etc.. the Steelers more than the Packers as of late. :018: :018: :018:

Tom

I really don't care for either team but I will cheer for the Packers. Big Ben is a douche bag!
Fulham for life!

Jimbobob

Quote from: Tom on February 04, 2011, 08:33:58 PM
I really don't care for either team but I will cheer for the Packers. Big Ben is a douche bag!

Who do you root for big Tom???

Rabbit

Quote from: sacffc on February 04, 2011, 07:46:03 PM
Heart's with the Packers; head says Steelers.

This is how I feel too. But I'd hate to see Roethlisberger ("Rape"lisberger?) to get another Super Bowl ring. As a Seahawks fan, I'll still a little bitter about Super Bowl XL so maybe that's why I want to see the Packers win.