watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'm Still Liking Sidwell

Started by White Noise, February 05, 2011, 05:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

We had 9 shots on target to their 5 and 5 off to their 4. Sidders must have been behind a lot of those.

Battled hard all game and always look for the ball.

Does anyone think Etuhu might have been more suited to a game like that though?

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: White Noise on February 05, 2011, 05:15:52 PM
We had 9 shots on target to their 5 and 5 off to their 4. Sidders must have been behind a lot of those.

Well pleased with Sidders, hope Etuhu takes a few weeks more to get fit so he can cement his place.

YankeeJim

The only advantage that Etuhu has over Sidwell is strength. Other than that I'll take Sidwell every day. Etuhu can come on in the last ten minutes when we are 2 nil up at Wolves, Blackburn or Stoke. Sidwell gives us an attacking option up the middle that Hughes tried to get out of Etuhu early on but Dixon didn't deliver. I don't think Etuhu will see a start, baring injury, for the balance of the season.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

McBridefan1

Quote from: White Noise on February 05, 2011, 05:15:52 PM

I think Etuhu should get forward more for a time he was making some great runs in the middle then they just stopped. I wish he would do that again, and take a few more shots... good on the Gingerbread man for taking a few pops, you can't score if you don't shoot... well done sidders.

Lighthouse

Etuhu would try and slow down the game and make short passes. He would try once or twice to break forward but the speed of Villa would always make him play deep.

Sidwell seems to be able to break up play, passes are not always good but he can play with the ball and break forward.Sounded as if he was close to being our MOM today.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 05, 2011, 05:25:15 PM
Etuhu would try and slow down the game and make short passes. He would try once or twice to break forward but the speed of Villa would always make him play deep.

Sidwell seems to be able to break up play, passes are not always good but he can play with the ball and break forward.Sounded as if he was close to being our MOM today.
Yeah probably my MOM, but you have to add in the against your old side factor.

White Noise

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on February 05, 2011, 05:33:25 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on February 05, 2011, 05:25:15 PM

Yeah probably my MOM, but you have to add in the against your old side factor.

He should have a blinder against the filth then! :54:

misswitch2

Sidwell seems to have a good attitude as well and with one former team played lets hope he does the same against another former team on Monday.

Motown

He lost his way at the squatters and, for whatever reason, didn't get much of a chance with the Barroys...... but I rate Sidwell (not as much as a certain lady on this board) and believe he could turn out to be a shrewd piece of biz :drums:

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Motown on February 05, 2011, 06:53:19 PM
He lost his way at the squatters and, for whatever reason, didn't get much of a chance with the Barroys...... but I rate Sidwell (not as much as a certain lady on this board) and believe he could turn out to be a shrewd piece of biz :drums:
Only 47 posts you old bloater? jack in that crap offal board and make this your home. By the way in my missing Offal week i looked at the Offal and there is a Northolt White, please inform him he isn't, there are seven of us and he isn't one, he may be Fulham, he may now reside in Northolt, but he isn't a Northolt White.

finnster01

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on February 05, 2011, 07:07:42 PM
Only 47 posts you old bloater? jack in that crap offal board and make this your home. By the way in my missing Offal week i looked at the Offal and there is a Northolt White, please inform him he isn't, there are seven of us and he isn't one, he may be Fulham, he may now reside in Northolt, but he isn't a Northolt White.
I just checked the World Wildlife Foundation list of endangered species, and the Northolt Whites are indeed on the brink of extinction.

Here is a photo of 3 of them growing up and nicking a free drink  :dft012:

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: finnster01 on February 05, 2011, 07:19:57 PM
I just checked the World Wildlife Foundation list of endangered species, and the Northolt Whites are indeed on the brink of extinction.

Here is a photo of 3 of them growing up and nicking a free drink  :dft012:

Ask Shady about my nicking a free drink  :015:

Motown

I haven't been on the Offal since Him Up Above wore short trousers. I'm only vaguely aware of where Northolt is. I daresay there is a proliferation of Staffs, satellite dishes and kebabs though. Chances are I won't be back until the Arsenal game, but I'll buy you a beer providing Wadey makes a 50 per cent contribution (and we might have to twist his arm........)

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Motown on February 05, 2011, 07:39:42 PM

I haven't been on the Offal since Him Up Above wore short trousers. I'm only vaguely aware of where Northolt is. I daresay there is a proliferation of Staffs, satellite dishes and kebabs though. Chances are I won't be back until the Arsenal game, but I'll buy you a beer providing Wadey makes a 50 per cent contribution (and we might have to twist his arm........)
Bloody hell Motown, sorry it was anouther of my old faves Marbella White getting in a ruck on the Offal. Sky TVs a Staffie and a kebab what more do you want in life?  :yay:

BarryP

I have already grown quite fond of Mr. Sidwell.  I particularly enjoy his late runs up the middle with the intent to punish the ball when he strikes it. It adds a dimension to Fulham's attack that has been sorely lacking.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

The Rock

I am undecided on him. I was thinking he doesn't seem very effective. But he has gotten into some good positions, gotten a few half chances off and his defending hasn't been bad at all.

If anything he may be giving the other players the support to shine. Murphy has looked as crisp as ever, and Dempsey and Duff have been free to get up the pitch on the flanks, espcially away at Villa. I think Sidwell adds an indirect element that and if he can grow into the side more I think good things will happen.