watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Player ratings from todays' game.

Started by Greek, August 09, 2014, 07:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronmcguigan

ratings of what? each other?  Id give you one!

Arthur

Joronen 7
Hoogland 7
Hutchinson 6
Bodurov 6
Stafylidis 7
Burgess 6
Parker 6
David 7
Hyndman 8
McCormack 5
Dembele 5

Subs:
Eisfeld 6
Woodrow 6
Roberts 7

Jamie88

Joronen 6
Hoogland 5
Hutchinson 4
Bodurov 6
Stafylidis 6
Burgess - 5
Hyndman - 8
David - 8
Parker - 5
McCormack - 4
Dembele - 4

Roberts - 6
Woodrow - 6
Eisfeld - 6

Sherlock

41 Joronen - 5
03 Stafylidis - 6
04 Hutchinson - 6
06 Bodurov - 6
02 Hoogland - 6
28 Hyndman - 7
38 Burgess - 5
30 David  - 6
08 Parker - 6
44 McCormack - 5
25 Dembele - 5

(Roberts ) - 6.5
(Eisfeld  ) - 6
(Woodrow ) - 6

PaulJ123

Joronen 6- Good save early on but he shouldve saved their opener. Flapped at a cross as well. NEED A NEW GK
Hoogland 8- Constant threat
Hutchinson 5- Poor pace for the first goal and terrible strength for their 2nd. Don't wanna judge him just off this game but i'd rather see Burn
Bodurov 7- Seemed like a Hughes type player. Thought he looked pretty good
Staf 7- Definite improvement on JAR
Parker 6- Dwells on the ball too much, needs to just offload the pass asap
Hyndman 7- Impressive debut, looked very assured. The midfield 4 cramped him somewhat I thought
Burgess 6- Did ok, very very strange decision to play him CDM but he didnt do badly
David 7- Such promise. Great with his feet to buy time and pass it to the wingbacks. Shame he picked up a knock
Mccormack 6- Didn't really see much of the ball but looked promising and intelligent.
Dembele 5- Not ready.

Roberts 8- Adds impetus. A lot of these championship CB are tall, strong lads ready for an aerial assault and don't want someone quick dribbling straight at them. Needs to start I think
Eisfeld 6- Not as impressive as David but did ok
Woodrow 7- Better than Dembele. Holds the ball up better, and is more willing to get stuck in. Him and Mccormack should start

Walsh

I don't understand how you have Parker so low, I thought he held the midfield like a boss and was our best player overall. Obviously David had a good 45 minutes and Roberts had a good 20 but Parker was on point for 90 minutes today, the only thing you could knock is that he needs to release the ball a tad quicker.

FulhamElite

Joronen - 5 (looked exposed under crosses and could argue he should have done better for the first goal, what with it being near post 'n' all)

Hoogland - 7 (decent runs forward, solid defensively and, of course, got the goal)
Bodurov - 7 (solid defender. Committed in the tackle)
Hutchinson - 6 (out-manouvered at times by their front line)
Staf - 7 (similar to Hoog)

Parker - 7 (apart from his mistake for the first goal, I thought he played quite well. Still takes too long on the ball, though)
Hyndman - 8 (MOTM for me. Looked very composed on the ball. Don't know why he didn't start alongside Parker from the start)
Burgess - 4 (absolutely non-existant in the midfield role, which wasn't really his fault. Looked better, unsurprisingly, as a CB)
David - 7 (good performance until he went off. Needs to shoot less, though)

McCormack - 5 (some sparks in there but didn't look fit. Not entirely sure why he started)
Dembele - 3 (really poor. Couldn't control the ball for anything. Surprised he wasn't substituted)

Subs:

Roberts - 7 (very decent. Maybe should have passed to Wood instead of shot when he had that chance but otherwise, good)
Woodrow - 6 (runner. Should have started to try and stretch their defence)
Eisfeld - 7 (got himself in good positions. Should pass a bit more but also should have shot a couple of times when in their box)

Overall, I'm not too disappointed with the performance or the result. Ipswich weren't a great team but had that bit of Championship know-how.

Deanothefulhamfan

41 Joronen - 6
03 Stafylidis - 6
04 Hutchinson - 4
06 Bodurov - 6
02 Hoogland - 5
28 Hyndman - 8
38 Burgess - 7
30 David  - 5
08 Parker - 5
44 McCormack - 5
25 Dembele - 5

(Roberts ) - 7
(Eisfeld  ) - 6
(Woodrow ) - 6
[/quote]

Lighthouse

Quote from: PaulJ123 on August 09, 2014, 07:18:51 PM
Joronen 6- Good save early on but he shouldve saved their opener. Flapped at a cross as well. NEED A NEW GK
Hutchinson 5- Poor pace for the first goal and terrible strength for their 2nd. Don't wanna judge him just off this game but i'd rather see Burn
Hyndman 7- Impressive debut, looked very assured. The midfield 4 cramped him somewhat I thought
Burgess 6- Did ok, very very strange decision to play him CDM but he didnt do badly
David 7- Such promise. Great with his feet to buy time and pass it to the wingbacks. Shame he picked up a knock
Mccormack 6- Didn't really see much of the ball but looked promising and intelligent.
Dembele 5- Not ready.

Roberts 8- Adds impetus. A lot of these championship CB are tall, strong lads ready for an aerial assault and don't want someone quick dribbling straight at them. Needs to start I think
Woodrow 7- Better than Dembele. Holds the ball up better, and is more willing to get stuck in. Him and Mccormack should start

I would tend to go with most of this.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

One Martin Thomas

Deanothefulhamfan has it right for me !  Could not give anyone in the starting 11 other than Hyndman and Burgess a 7 or more.

In the end, they were simply out muscled by a well drilled Mick McCarthy team.  Rodders should have started in place of Dembele.

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 09, 2014, 07:28:59 PM
Dembele 5- Not ready.

Me too.
Joronen not at fault for either goal.
Ipswich look very beatable and they were one of top teams and basically unchanged squad from last year. We will get better, they will not.
Quark, strangeness and charm

aaronmcguigan

Joronen - 5 Distribution needs to improve. One great save early on

Hoogland - 7 Solid, will do well at this level
Bodurov - 6 Average. no nonsense. great for this level
Hutchinson - 5 Expected more considering preseason
Stafylidis - 7 Great going forward
Parker - 6 Really needs to take games by the scruff of the neck. Needs to react quicker and above all and more importantly, he really needs to lead. All these teens need direction and they will look up to him
Hyndman - 8 For someone so young to look so composed in a brand new league is a breath of fresh air
Burgess - NA Play him as a CB in preseason and then throw him into midfield when it matters? Bit of Dan Burn situation going on?
David - 6 Decent in the half he played, needs to bring other players in rather than going for the silly and impossible, especially in this league.

McCormack - NA You could see he was unfit. I could see it. Magath didnt play him in preseason presumably because of it, and they were low intensity meaningless games. Own goal. Either rest him in the league or put him to the test full pelt in preseason to get him ready.
Dembele - 4 Didnt deserve to play 90 minutes. Contributed nothing, and needs the ball presented to him which he will never get at this level. Needs to get stuck in.

Subs:

Roberts - 7 Main ray of light from this match. Has found his current level. Got bullied in his few minutes in the premier league, but these big defenders in the championship dont have a clue what to do with him and his touches. WIll only get bigger and stronger.
Woodrow - 7 Good link up with Roberts and these two should embody our future
Eisfeld - 5 Decent but expected more. Is he an also ran or can he drive the team forward and get the ball into promising positions?

Overall, I'm not too disappointed with the performance or the result. Ipswich weren't a great team but had that bit of Championship know-how.
[/quote]

PokerMatt

The low ratings for Bodurov and Parker are surprising for me. Didn't think the Bulgarian put a foot wrong and Parker was a calming influence.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

PaulJ123

Quote from: YoungsBitter on August 09, 2014, 07:36:45 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 09, 2014, 07:28:59 PM
Dembele 5- Not ready.

Me too.
Joronen not at fault for either goal.
Ipswich look very beatable and they were one of top teams and basically unchanged squad from last year. We will get better, they will not.

i'm not saying he was at fault for it, but he couldve possibly saved it

Burt

Joronen 6- would give him another go, he needs time with the defence. Seemed quick and alert, and was always after a quick distribution. Bit flappy from time to time. But solid.

Hoogland 8 - first time I have seen him and loved his attack minded play, and the way he had a right go at others when he had made a strong run only to have no support. A strong presence in the team.

Hutchinson 5 - the weak link, not sure why Burn isn't ahead of him in the pecking order.

Bodurov 7 - first time I have seen him too and thought he looked very promising.

Stafylidis 7 - same comment as Bodurov.

Parker 6 - caught napping for the first goal but other than that was a calm head and capable, added presence as we dominated possession, but could be quicker to pass.

Hyndman 7 - Impressive debut, looked very assured, mature head on young shoulders.

Burgess 6 - solid, shows promise.

David 8 - this guy is going to set this league alight, exciting player, great prospect.

Mccormack 6 - not a dream debut by any stretch, but had a good head on him, will get better.

Dembele 5 - probably the biggest disappointment for me, had a couple of half chances, am positive he will quickly develop in to the player we all know he is capable of being.

Of the subs, Roberts and Woodrow both looked the bizz, they will be pushing for a starting place...

MrProphet

Joronen - 6 (nothing wrong for both goals just poor distribution)
Hoogland - 8 ( class player, constant threat and loved his fight at the end)
Hutchinson -  3 (i don't want to slate him after one game but at fault for both goals and woeful lack of pace exposed)
Bodurov - 8 ( very very impressed reads the game very well and no nonsense when required)
Staf - 6 (looked very solid but not able to show enough down the left as lacked help)
Burgess - 6 ( solid and dealt with the aerial threat well but out of position - get him next to Bodurov for next game)
Parker - 4 ( showed some premiership class then span around a few times dwelled on the ball and let us down for the first goal. Have to replace him with a quality DM if we are to get back up this year)
Hyndman - 9 (man of the match for me oozed class and looked like he'd been playing first team football for years)
David - 8 (brilliant first half but the ref let him be targeted and kicked off the pitch)
Dembele - 5 ( huge fan of his but not at it tonight and a school boy lack of control shown - Hugo for him Saturday for me)
Mccormack - 5 (not quiet there yet but it will come just needs game time)

Subs :
Eisfeld - 7 ( was impressed direct and creative will challenge David for the tip of the diamond)
Woodrow - 6 ( showed good hold up skills and was badly let down by Dembele when he peeled off in to a great position.
Roberts - 8 (scares the poo out of defenders get that boy a start)

Team I would like for Millwall

Joronen
hoogland Bodurov burgess Staf
                  LVC
Roberts.                 hyndman
                David
mccormack Rodallega

Bring George Williams and eisfeld on second half if we can't break them down

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Jamie88 on August 09, 2014, 07:17:40 PM
Joronen 6
Hoogland 5
Hutchinson 4
Bodurov 6
Stafylidis 6
Burgess - 5
Hyndman - 8
David - 8
Parker - 5
McCormack - 4
Dembele - 4

Roberts - 6
Woodrow - 6
Eisfeld - 6
Go with this one but harsh on Hoogland was probably a 7(he did score from a great overlap and cut in) over the 90. Thought the subs all did well, if only Roberts would have chosen the far corner to shoot at and if only Eisfeld would have shot

DeuceBigelow

41 Joronen - 5
03 Stafylidis - 6
04 Hutchinson - 6
06 Bodurov - 6
02 Hoogland - 7
28 Hyndman - 7
38 Burgess - 6
30 David  - 7
08 Parker - 6
44 McCormack - 6
25 Dembele - 4

(Roberts ) - 7
(Eisfeld  ) - 6
(Woodrow ) - 6
Riverside Block W

Reznor

Quote from: PokerMatt on August 09, 2014, 07:42:03 PM
The low ratings for Bodurov and Parker are surprising for me. Didn't think the Bulgarian put a foot wrong and Parker was a calming influence.
So calm that championship teams will love us. Parker slows the game down so much it's laughable. Teams like Ipswich fear players moving from midfield with speed to interact with forwards and Parker does the complete opposite, he allows the team we are playing time to re-group and get back into shape. very frustrating.