Main Menu

If We'd Signed

Started by TonyGilroy, September 02, 2014, 08:48:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pluto

Quote from: alfie on September 02, 2014, 03:36:57 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on September 02, 2014, 01:41:14 PM
Quote from: alfie on September 02, 2014, 12:14:43 PM
I always maintain the view with a lot of comments on this board about he should be playing he should not be is that -

1. None of us are at the coal face
2. None of us know what effort players are putting in during training
3. None of us know what is said during team meetings
4. So basically none of us know why he should or should or should not be playing.

We all have our favourites and get peeded off when said favourite is not played
so unless we have the answers to 1. 2. and 3 are we justified in moaning when they are or are not played.

Just a question put out there.

Yes, we are limited to what we see on the pitch but what is the point of supporting a club or even of watching a match if you don't have the occasional opinion?

What is the point of posting or reading threads or having a messageboard if there aren't opinions?

Yes i agree with you, but when someone comes on here going on about Magath freezes out players or has no man management  skills (for example) without any proof or actual knowledge, implying it as fact rather than expressing an opinion is the bit i find annoying.

Except Magath has a well known reputation for doing exactly that, supported by numerous testimonies from players he's worked with over the years. There's no smoke without fire.

Woolly Mammoth

I measure a man how he gets up off the canvas, not how he goes down. Magath hit the canvas hard when he failed to prevent Fulham getting relegated. Since then he is still groggy and on his knees, he hasn't recovered so far and is disorientated, and the proof of this lies in the League Table, so he has failed to recover and get up off the canvas, of course that is only my opinion. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

blingo

But last Saturday, he shook his head and you could see there was still fight in him when you looked at his eyes. The bell rang and saved him, as he needed the two week rest. Seconds out.......

alfie

Quote from: Pluto on September 02, 2014, 07:25:07 PM
Quote from: alfie on September 02, 2014, 03:36:57 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on September 02, 2014, 01:41:14 PM
Quote from: alfie on September 02, 2014, 12:14:43 PM
I always maintain the view with a lot of comments on this board about he should be playing he should not be is that -

1. None of us are at the coal face
2. None of us know what effort players are putting in during training
3. None of us know what is said during team meetings
4. So basically none of us know why he should or should or should not be playing.

We all have our favourites and get peeded off when said favourite is not played
so unless we have the answers to 1. 2. and 3 are we justified in moaning when they are or are not played.

Just a question put out there.

Yes, we are limited to what we see on the pitch but what is the point of supporting a club or even of watching a match if you don't have the occasional opinion?

What is the point of posting or reading threads or having a messageboard if there aren't opinions?

Yes i agree with you, but when someone comes on here going on about Magath freezes out players or has no man management  skills (for example) without any proof or actual knowledge, implying it as fact rather than expressing an opinion is the bit i find annoying.

Except Magath has a well known reputation for doing exactly that, supported by numerous testimonies from players he's worked with over the years. There's no smoke without fire.
Ok Mr Pluto a handful of players have expressed they did not like his training methods, great, What about the hundreds of others he has coached/managed over his career, I think the comments of an odd few players is over the top, even Holtby when asked said his training was very hard but at his young age it was good for him.
Loads of people have jumped on the words the JAR said, lets face it virtually everyone on here agreed that he could not run up and down the pitch anymore and to get rid, so there was no way he was going to be able to cope with some hard training.

I don't know whether Magath with do the job I have seen some signs that shows he may well be good for us, time will tell.

I had an argument/discussion with my boss today over the way something was done, went on for a while but I don't go running to the papers about it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

RaySmith

And maybe the hard training will get results.

I don't think hard training ever killed a fit young athlete -there have been questions about players being tired for games -but surely Felix, a top ex-player himself-and his staff, are aware of this-and want the players to perform at their best in games - their jobs and reputations are on the line.

Obviously, you don't want players to be too tired at games , but on the other hand you want them fit as possible - if they are fitter than their opponents they will have an edge, and hopefully be less likely to concede games in the final 15 mins.

Some have said that modern players with their heart rate monitors and physios,etc, are too cossetted.

So some players don't like hard training, and training more than once a day, especially players who have left the club -I wonder why that is.....?????? fp.gif

I think our young players may especially benefit from Felix's regime - they can take the hard training and see that it helps them in games, plus they  are, I would hope, eager to succeed and progress with Fulham, and don't have the jaded cynicism an older player might have.