watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So what are our loan options then?

Started by dannyboi-ffc, September 02, 2015, 09:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ealex40

I just saw this explanation of the Loan Rules and thought it would be useful to those of us that were unsure of what clubs are allowed to do.

The emergency loan window will open shortly, giving English clubs the chance to continue the wheeling and dealing domestically.

Every year, Premier League and Football League teams are given the chance to continue temporary switches to help with injuries and the likes.

Here's all the information you need about the loan window.

When does it open?
The 'emergency loan' window opens next Wednesday September 9.

When does it close?
The loan window is set to shut on November 25, with clubs then unable to strengthen until the January window.

No more: The FA's fax machine has been replaced by a fancy online system.

Who can use it?

All you Premier League fans thinking you can still bring players in, think again.

But you can ship some of your youngsters out to aid their development.

Football League clubs can use the window to their advantage - and plenty are sure to - with top-flight talent.

No overseas players can be brought in during the window.

How long can the players move for?

The loan deals can last between 28 days and 93 days.

Should clubs agree a three-month deal, it will tie a player down until the New Year and the January window.

Any other rules?

There is one additional rule, which does also apply to Premier League clubs.

Should sides suffer a goalkeeping crisis, they are able to bring in replacements.

These deals are usually seven days and have been used by Everton and Sunderland in recent seasons.

McBride78

Quote from: JudgeBread on September 02, 2015, 10:21:35 AM
Aiming a little high Steven Naismith doesn't strike as the kind of bloke who would be happy with a spot on the bench for Everton week in week out.

I like this line of thinking.  Would be excellent to get him, or someone similar.  I don't know the rules around the loan window, but someone like that with a window to buy would be perfect.

MJG

You do know Everton turned down.... Yes turned down... A bid for Naismith yesterday in the region  of 8m?

VicHalomsLovechild

Do you think they did that so we could loan him?

MJG

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on September 02, 2015, 06:14:40 PM
Quite possibly exactly what they were thinking at the time.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: MJG on September 02, 2015, 06:21:11 PM

I assume that you two are speaking about this from a Fulham perspective?? If so, what is your theory on why they would turn down such an offer in order to allow him to be loaned to us? I'm not fully aware of his situation with Everton.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

MJG

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on September 02, 2015, 06:27:31 PM
Quote from: MJG on September 02, 2015, 06:21:11 PM

I assume that you two are speaking about this from a Fulham perspective?? If so, what is your theory on why they would turn down such an offer in order to allow him to be loaned to us? I'm not fully aware of his situation with Everton.
Sorry I'm just joking about the whole thing.

Julius Geezer

Get Gayle in for the season and we're cushty.

Jims Dentist

A poster mentioned Aniechebe. Thought about that one myself

Would cause problems to Championship defences, but has been injury prone in the past.

DevonFFC

If he ever played the guy has a injury list longer than Darren Anderton

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Woolly Mammoth

Is it possible to bring a manager in on loan, with a full coaching team.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

valdeingruo

Aguero doesn't track back enough to benefit our team ;)

I think that my expectations will be enhanced or lowered depending on the work we do during the loan window.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

HatterDon

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 03, 2015, 11:32:21 PM

Is it possible to bring in a few thousand supporters who ... you know ... support the team?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

leonffc

Quote from: HatterDon on September 04, 2015, 01:42:59 AM

Is it possible to bring in a few thousand supporters who ... you know ... support the team?

We already have more than a few thousand that support the team week in week out. Are you saying we get a loan in to replace them? A bit like getting in a forward to replace Woodrow/Dembele?

Just because people moan on here doesn't mean that they don't get behind the team on match days. Football is all about opinions, all football message boards are the same!
Our attendances were very good last year, probably better away than when we were in the premier league!

I do find it amusing that our support is often being knocked from 3000 miles away!!

filham

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 02, 2015, 09:14:53 AM
I think the majority would now agree keeper's,  defence and central midfield is more than good enough. If we are going to bring in someone it is most likely to be a striker so what are our options?

Gayle possibly now that a permanent move has fallen through, Qpr kept Austin so I would imagine we would be front runners if it was possible.

Hooper- seems the most realistic but I would raise the question.  If Norwich were reluctant to loan him without getting a replacement then how can that change in a weeks time now that they are stuck with their squad?

James Wilson- rumours he may be allowed on loan

Lewis Grabban- didnt get his move to Bournemouth and id imagine more likely to be allowed to leave without a replacement than Hooper is.

Jon Walters- handed in a transfer request so something isnt quite right there. Highly unlikely he will go anywhere until Jan but if he does he can only go to the championship.

Danny Graham- God no! But sadly its a realistic option.

Aguero- rumoured to be unsettled in Manchester and wants a swift move down to London. Apparently specifically to a club that plays alongside the banks of the Thames and next to a park but strangly specifically called Bishops Park. I guess it must be us.

Anichebe- if he isn't in the first team plans at WBA.

Fletcher- didnt get a move and has been linked to us in the past few weeks. Wages may be a stumbling block though

Not all my choices but trying to think of our options. Is there anyone else and what do we reckon?

Dannyboi, we have 12 new players signed this summer and I think  this has gone to your head and you now have a severe case of transfer fever that needs attention.

Kit has a big job on his hands in getting these players to play as a team and he has to use Woodrow, Dembele or Smith to the best advantage with McCormac to form a potent strike force

Forget transfers now until Christmas and review the situation then, a period of stability is required now.

HatterDon

Quote from: leonffc on September 04, 2015, 08:36:48 AM

We already have more than a few thousand that support the team week in week out. Are you saying we get a loan in to replace them? A bit like getting in a forward to replace Woodrow/Dembele?

Just because people moan on here doesn't mean that they don't get behind the team on match days. Football is all about opinions, all football message boards are the same!
Our attendances were very good last year, probably better away than when we were in the premier league!

I do find it amusing that our support is often being knocked from 3000 miles away!!

No, I'm talking about getting them in to augment you. It would be nice to hear more than faint booing during our home matches.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

f321ffc

Quote from: HatterDon on September 04, 2015, 05:34:02 PM

No, I'm talking about getting them in to augment you. It would be nice to hear more than faint booing during our home matches.

Oh I see , you want louder booing. 090.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

leonffc

Quote from: f321ffc on September 04, 2015, 05:37:50 PM

Lol

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: f321ffc on September 04, 2015, 05:37:50 PM

064.gif
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

DevonFFC

You what pace.  I would take Joel Campbell from arsenal

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk