Main Menu

Can we please, please, please just get shot of Kit Symon's

Started by Wearethewhites, October 04, 2015, 02:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: Wearethewhites on October 04, 2015, 03:28:18 PM
Quote from: grandad on October 04, 2015, 03:24:24 PM
Hummm. Not much out there is there.

Grandad, in all due respect, all you are trying to do, is defend the guy without physically saying it, by saying "Well who else then" which gets right up my nose, and I don't know why people do it.

I'm sorry, but people like Big Sam, Paul Lambert, and the other names mentioned above, are a vast improvement over Kit, so it's down to the ambitions of the Club.
I reckon stevie wonder could see where we are going wrong, better than kit could
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: fulhamben on October 04, 2015, 03:29:43 PM

Grandad, in all due respect, all you are trying to do, is defend the guy without physically saying it, by saying "Well who else then" which gets right up my nose, and I don't know why people do it.

I'm sorry, but people like Big Sam, Paul Lambert, and the other names mentioned above, are a vast improvement over Kit, so it's down to the ambitions of the Club.
I reckon stevie wonder could see where we are going wrong, better than kit could

As I've quoted before, conceding like we do, from every set piece and corner, is a tactical / coaching issue, and not down to individual player errors. I don't buy all this "Well, they're human" bull, it's a poor excuse, and is above and beyond a coincidence now. Still, some people will continue to defend Kit, but I want this club to be much more ambitious than they are. In my eye's, this is another wasted season that culd have be prevented.

beijing ben

Quote from: Wearethewhites on October 04, 2015, 03:19:39 PM
Paul Lambert is currently out of a job, miles better than Kit, and will most likely get you out of this division. Worry about the Premiership when and if we get there. I just want Kit gone, so early in, and another waste of a bloody season. OUT.

I'll say again what I've been saying since February: Lambert in!..

beijing ben

Quote from: Wearethewhites on October 04, 2015, 03:41:05 PM

As I've quoted before, conceding like we do, from every set piece and corner, is a tactical / coaching issue, and not down to individual player errors. I don't buy all this "Well, they're human" bull, it's a poor excuse, and is above and beyond a coincidence now. Still, some people will continue to defend Kit, but I want this club to be much more ambitious than they are. In my eye's, this is another wasted season that culd have be prevented.

Its a fitness issue. Ridiculous how many late goals we concede and how we can't control the game against a really poor Charlton side for the last 15 minutes..

JoelH5

It was 100% poor tactics. We put all our effort into time wasting rather than holding the ball, passing it around and frustrating a poor Charlton side. If we get rid of Kit by Christmas.. There's a small chance we could get play-offs. I really doubt we will though. I just can't see him going unless we go down. I think they want a Wenger or Ferguson scenario... They just don't realise it's Kit Symmons who we have..
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woodlawn

Lets not paper over the cracks ,with the football we have played this season we will finish the wrong end of the league, our defending is not good enough, our passing at times in woeful, How many back passes did we make today, Oh for an Alec Stock or woy who believed the opposition can't score if its in their half. The subs today were stupid Dembele was winning most Aeriel battle and had defended well at corners .O'Hara was holding the ball up and we replace him. Sorry I have joined the taxi for Kit brigade

Skatzoffc

Quote from: grandad on October 04, 2015, 02:34:14 PM
OK. You Kit out people name me a manager to take his place. Don´t dare mention Allardyce, Pulis, Holloway & Lee Clarke.

The tea lady.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Riversider

Paul Lambert is tailor made for Fulham, lots of managerial changes are traditionally made in October lets do ours early before the likes of Lambert are gone,
How the hell can a manager like Lambert be out of work when a man like Symons is in work managing a club like Fulham ?
Check out Lambert's record at both Colchester and Norwich , knows this league, and would be a good signing,
Two week break now to integrate a new manager , knowing Fulham they will wait until Middlesbrough hammer us then act !

beijing ben

Quote from: Riversider on October 04, 2015, 05:20:49 PM
Paul Lambert is tailor made for Fulham, lots of managerial changes are traditionally made in October lets do ours early before the likes of Lambert are gone,
How the hell can a manager like Lambert be out of work when a man like Symons is in work managing a club like Fulham ?
Check out Lambert's record at both Colchester and Norwich , knows this league, and would be a good signing,
Two week break now to integrate a new manager , knowing Fulham they will wait until Middlesbrough hammer us then act !

My thoughts exactly. I think if we tried we'd get him. Can't believe he is still out of work unless he has been turning down jobs...

alfie

Quote from: Wearethewhites on October 04, 2015, 03:41:05 PM

I think you are correct when you say tactical but not coaching, these are very experienced championship defenders, do they really need to be coached all the time.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Wimbledon_White

He'll see out this season.

Love how OTT and unrealistic this board is sometimes. Genuinely makes me laugh.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: beijing ben on October 06, 2015, 10:16:16 AM
Quote from: Riversider on October 04, 2015, 05:20:49 PM

My thoughts exactly. I think if we tried we'd get him. Can't believe he is still out of work unless he has been turning down jobs...

If he did join us we'd also have to employ a translator because with that thick Scottish accent I could never understand a bloody word he said when he was being interviewed!

Logicalman

Apparently Lamberts looking towards the Sunderland Job, according to the Birmingham Mail.

Seriously folks, I think Roy would get us out of this division as well as a bunch of others that would not consider us in their futures either.

As for 'those we could have gone for' in the past, it's another list of pipe-dreams. Lets get realistic, in the same way that we were never going to be chasing promotion this season, if we are going to look to change Managers, then look at replacements that are likely to take the job, bearing in mind the other vacancies that are available at the moment.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Burt

Kit has steadied the ship, we are a stronger proposition than last season, and we now have the makings of a decent side.

If the club are after a top 6 finish this season then Kit will fail. We have "solid mid-table side" written all over us this season. On that basis, they could get rid of Kit now and bring in someone with more of a track record to get us to where we need to be. Who that "someone" is, I don't know... We can't live off past glories and expect seasoned premier league managers to come down to our level. Equally there's no point in replacing Kit with someone equally inexperienced, or less experienced (e.g. Danny Murphy). If there is no Plan B, then stick with Kit.

If the club are prepared to use this season as one where we build the foundations for a promotion push next season then I think Kit should be given 10-15 more games to see if he really can learn and develop.

The guy is still learning his trade, which is difficult at the Championship level in an unforgiving environment when club and fans alike expect instant success.

f321ffc

Quote from: Burt on October 06, 2015, 12:34:08 PM
Kit has steadied the ship, we are a stronger proposition than last season, and we now have the makings of a decent side.

If the club are after a top 6 finish this season then Kit will fail. We have "solid mid-table side" written all over us this season. On that basis, they could get rid of Kit now and bring in someone with more of a track record to get us to where we need to be. Who that "someone" is, I don't know... We can't live off past glories and expect seasoned premier league managers to come down to our level. Equally there's no point in replacing Kit with someone equally inexperienced, or less experienced (e.g. Danny Murphy). If there is no Plan B, then stick with Kit.

If the club are prepared to use this season as one where we build the foundations for a promotion push next season then I think Kit should be given 10-15 more games to see if he really can learn and develop.

The guy is still learning his trade, which is difficult at the Championship level in an unforgiving environment when club and fans alike expect instant success.
We cant afford 10 - 15 more games like we have had so far excluding  QPR to see IF he can learn and develope, gates will be down to  8/9000, hardly building for the future.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

New Kid on the Block

I don't think as fans, we are expecting instant success.
However, waiting for a year to see some significant improvement in the way that we play, and still not seeing any, entitles us to question Kit, the backroom staff - everybody!

I'd love to say KIT OUT, but who is out there who is a) available, and able to make a significant improvement, quickly and b) who wants to manage Fulham?

I don't think Paul Lambert is the answer. He probably thinks that he's good enough to be a Premier League manager again, so will wait for a call. His Villa payoff should ensure that he doesn't go hungry just yet. I would think that Warburton could be tempted back from Scottish Land, if the club wanted him, Laudrup may be pleased to have an excuse to leave the Middle East, although the team would probably be full of Spanish players (Michu, anyone?). The club could even eat the biggest slice of humble pie known to mankind, and kiss the arse of Rene a million times, and beg every hour for a month (just in time for the January transfer window to open), in the hope that he swallows his pride, and forgives us for treating him like a c***, and agrees to come back to us, WITHOUT Curbs and butch 'helping' him.

I can but dream.

Lighthouse

Some fans have wanted him gone since before the end of last season. Since then he has rebuilt a squad although some still insist it had nothing to do with him. In which case they can't have a go at the manager if none of the players coming in had anything to do with him.

Yes it was a poor tactical error on Sunday. Yes we need pace in the side and we need a forward. But we were always just looking for improvement compared to last season. If fans are foolish enough to believe the drivel the club dribbled out concerning promotion then they deserve to be disappointed.

Symons, as I said at the beginning of the season, I reckon will have until Christmas before the club make any changes if they are going to.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

J.Perkins

He has had over a year in charge. More than enough time to get to grips with the job.

He wanted a window where he can build his squad, which he has.

Promotion is the aim for him and the club, is he achieving it after 10 games? No.

Are the glaring errors from last season still apparent? Yes, no width, slow attacking, conceding many set pieces, too many late goals.

Does he ever fill you with confidence in his interviews, and directly point out what's going wrong? No.

Does he still have only one plan? Yes.

Is he a proactive manager? No. Subs are always after goals and just completely wrong all together.

Is he as tactically inept manager, way out of his depth? Yes.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on October 06, 2015, 11:38:26 AM
He'll see out this season.

Love how OTT and unrealistic this board is sometimes. Genuinely makes me laugh.

So, if he has us hovering just above the relegation places again, which is a big possibility based on his current form, you still think that he'll see the season out do you? That's based on your opinion, and woe betide anyone on this Forum that disagrees with you, or they'll be called laughable, unrealistic, or even worse the "C" word over PM. 

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: J.Perkins on October 06, 2015, 01:39:09 PM
He has had over a year in charge. More than enough time to get to grips with the job.

He wanted a window where he can build his squad, which he has.

Promotion is the aim for him and the club, is he achieving it after 10 games? No.

Are the glaring errors from last season still apparent? Yes, no width, slow attacking, conceding many set pieces, too many late goals.

Does he ever fill you with confidence in his interviews, and directly point out what's going wrong? No.

Does he still have only one plan? Yes.

Is he a proactive manager? No. Subs are always after goals and just completely wrong all together.

Is he as tactically inept manager, way out of his depth? Yes.

One of the best posts for a long time. The criticism doesn't have to be insulting, personal or a know it all story waffling on as if you know better.

But when put simply and honestly like yours I find it unbelievable anyone can argue with what you've said. The proactive question is absolutely bang on the money. He only reacts during a game after we concede, he never changes things to prevent the goal in the first place.

Very much a cross my fingers and hope type of manager. I never feel like he is in control.

I must say though, I don't want to be associated with the insults from others. No matter how frustrating he is I don't think he deserves that. And let's not allow our frustration to turn into ammunition to those who defend Kit. On both sides there are members that ruin these debates because they portray themselves as smarter or superior to the opposite camp.

I wish more posts analysing Kit were like yours including my own!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging