watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who replaces Ammo against Boro?

Started by Lighthouse, February 24, 2016, 12:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Interested to see that Stearman made a rare appearance on the bench yesterday. But will Ream be the best choice on the left side of a back three? Or will we play a back 4 now we have Tunni and Baird and Parker all in the frame for Boro?

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

snarks

Burn is a left footer, but if a back 3 Reem is the obvious replacement, if Jok goes 442 then Madl and Burn would be ok in my eyes.

FPT

We've got to look at the potential of Luke Garbutt being out also and no other left backs. Few options:

- Flat back four with Tim Ream filling in at left back, with Dan Burn and Michael Madl in the middle.
- Stick with 352, Tim Ream or Richard Stearman slotting in where Fernando Amorebieta would be with Alex Kacaniklic at wing back.
- Flat back four with Ashley Richards at left back, with Dan Burn and Michael Madl in the middle.
- Stick with a 352, Tim Ream or Richard Stearman slotting in where Fernando Amorebieta would be with Ashley Richards at wing back.
- We could recall Jordan Evans or Sean Kavanagh from their loans and play either at wing back with Tim Ream or Richard Stearman at left centre back.

I would probably err on the side of sticking with a 352 with Ashely Richards going to the other side and either Ream or Stearman next to Burn with Madl the other side. Scott Parker coming back in, maybe give Ryan Tunnicliffe an hour before replacing with Chris Baird/Jamie O'Hara (depending on game) with Tom Cairney roaming behind the two strikers.

filham

We all new that Lovebite was a red card waiting to happen but he and Burn were working well and without him we could well have a problem that Boro will be quick to exploit.

How about  Madle  Baird Burn for a back three.

Vinnieffc

Quote from: filham on February 24, 2016, 12:24:28 PM
We all new that Lovebite was a red card waiting to happen but he and Burn were working well and without him we could well have a problem that Boro will be quick to exploit.

How about  Madle  Baird Burn for a back three.

I like that but with Burn (left footer) Modl centre and Bairdinho right. Good call.

bill taylors apprentice

If we stick with the recent formation, I propose Hutchinson.

Not because I rate him but because he is more aggressive and stronger in the challenge than Stearman & Ream.

But if Garbutts out it could be all change for Saturday, surely not another chance for Kaca ?

Chesh

I'd like to give Stearman a go in a straight swap.

I don't think he's as bad as others make out, and against Boro, I feel that he will be more effective than Ream ( as he is more tenacious)

I also think, that given a good game, and potentially a little run in the team, we could see him back to his achievable form, which is better than Burn and Amorebieta's best imo.

For me, Hutchinson should be out on loan to League 1 or League 2.

Like the look of Madl though - very dependable
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

@jolslover

I'd like to see us stick with 3 at the back,   Lonergan, Madl Burn Ream, Fredericks Parker Cairney Tunnicliffe Kacaniklic, Mccormack Dembele
STH H3

twang

I'd say Stearman for Amore and Ream for Garbutt, if he's out. Not ideal but it has to be defence first against Boro, and Tim's a pretty classy player with the ball but will need to get forward way more than he's used to.

MJG

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on February 24, 2016, 01:50:25 PM

Not because I rate him but because he is more aggressive and stronger in the challenge than Stearman & Ream.

But if Garbutts out it could be all change for Saturday, surely not another chance for Kaca ?
Kaca did ok last night in the wing back role. It's obviously more of an attacking than defending role for him what did you think of his performance last night?

snarks

Is garbutt out then? I hadn't heard that.

rubbernecca

Quote from: twang on February 24, 2016, 01:59:01 PM
I'd say Stearman for Amore and Ream for Garbutt, if he's out. Not ideal but it has to be defence first against Boro, and Tim's a pretty classy player with the ball but will need to get forward way more than he's used to.

+1 Ream is too polite to be a CB

leonffc

I'd play Stearman and get Burn back on his left peg.
Although Burn has done ok (only ok, not brilliant) he scares the life out of me with the ball on his left foot so whilst we are playing out on his right my health is suffering. 

J

Stearman for me as well (assuming we stick with 5-3-2) - he has the most ability out of him Ream and Hutchinson, I think he was just having a bad time of it and his confidence had taken a knock. Hopefully missing a few games will have allowed him to refocus and get back towards his best

J

Quote from: J on February 24, 2016, 02:45:44 PM
Stearman for me as well (assuming we stick with 5-3-2) - he has the most ability out of him Ream and Hutchinson, I think he was just having a bad time of it and his confidence had taken a knock. Hopefully missing a few games will have allowed him to refocus and get back towards his best

Saying that, the fact that he is right footed does complicate matters as Burn is potentially best in the centre of the 3...

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: MJG on February 24, 2016, 02:00:02 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on February 24, 2016, 01:50:25 PM

Kaca did ok last night in the wing back role. It's obviously more of an attacking than defending role for him what did you think of his performance last night?

I wasn't at the game last night but I have seen enough and find it hard to see any future with him, I do however accept sometimes decisions have to be made to keep the balance of the team.

love4ffc

Quote from: @jolslover on February 24, 2016, 01:56:58 PM
I'd like to see us stick with 3 at the back,   Lonergan, Madl Burn Ream, Fredericks Parker Cairney Tunnicliffe Kacaniklic, Mccormack Dembele
0001.jpeg
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Lonegan
       Baird  Madl   Burn
Fred         Parker        Ream/Kavangh
       LVC/Tunni    Cairney
           Ross     Moussa

Subs:  Richards, LVC/Tunni   Hydman   O'Hara   Stearman  Smith

I can only assume that Jova was happy with the draw last night. the game was
crying out for a 10/15 minute cameo by Smith against his old club and I can't
remember GJ mentioning Moussa in the last 15/20 minutes.
Their defence was a bit shaky and not very tall
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MJG

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on February 24, 2016, 05:07:56 PM
          Lonegan
       Baird  Madl   Burn
Fred         Parker        Ream/Kavangh
       LVC/Tunni    Cairney
           Ross     Moussa

Subs:  Richards, LVC/Tunni   Hydman   O'Hara   Stearman  Smith

I can only assume that Jova was happy with the draw last night. the game was
crying out for a 10/15 minute cameo by Smith against his old club and I can't
remember GJ mentioning Moussa in the last 15/20 minutes.
Their defence was a bit shaky and not very tall
Kavanagh is out on loan