Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: OMalleyCat on June 18, 2018, 03:26:01 AM
Quote from: AllyWhite on June 18, 2018, 03:19:09 AM
Quote from: Hoppus on June 17, 2018, 10:18:42 PM
Fulham want Oğuzhan Özyakup (Besiktas). (source Twitter).

Hah! No chance. a top 6 team for sure.

He's just signed a contract extension so probably not going to happen.

While I'm not saying it's likely we sign him, they let his contract expire and then gave him a new one to avoid a 30% sell on clause that Arsenal had on him. Supposedly with an 8.75m release clause as well, so they're pretty much resigned to selling him.

grandad

Maddison probably going to Leicester for £24 mil has set a bench mark of what we will have to spend on recruiting decent players. £10 mil is not going to get you anyone top drawer.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Deeping_white

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on June 18, 2018, 03:57:49 AM
Quote from: OMalleyCat on June 18, 2018, 03:26:01 AM
Quote from: AllyWhite on June 18, 2018, 03:19:09 AM
Quote from: Hoppus on June 17, 2018, 10:18:42 PM
Fulham want Oğuzhan Özyakup (Besiktas). (source Twitter).

Hah! No chance. a top 6 team for sure.

He's just signed a contract extension so probably not going to happen.

While I'm not saying it's likely we sign him, they let his contract expire and then gave him a new one to avoid a 30% sell on clause that Arsenal had on him. Supposedly with an 8.75m release clause as well, so they're pretty much resigned to selling him.

Allegedly their president is okay with selling him to us for €15m according to the same source.

DevonFFC

Wolves have signed the sporting Lisbon keeper Rui something on a 4 yr deal

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: ollienixs on June 18, 2018, 05:10:30 PM

Ruddy want be too happy.😂

Mince n Tatties

DevonFFC

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 18, 2018, 05:25:09 PM
Quote from: ollienixs on June 18, 2018, 05:10:30 PM

Ruddy want be too happy.😂

I imagine john with ruddy unhappy

bornafulhamfan

I don't know if anyone else watched Belgium-Panama, but i really liked that Panama right-back Michael Murillo. I've just looked him up and he is only 22 years old. Maybe he would be a good signing and if things don't work out we have Christie, so I think he is worth a shot.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 18, 2018, 06:38:37 PM
Quote from: mkras99 on June 18, 2018, 06:33:12 PM
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/06/18/report-fulham-prepare-10-million-bid-for-getafe-winger-amath-ndi/?utm_medium=share%20service&utm_campaign=social%20media&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=HITCdeadlineday

3 goals 3 assists in 37 games.
Not that great stats imo.

You have to keep in mind that he was playing in a very "negative" Getafe side. Saw him live when Getafe played Barcelona in February and he was brilliant. Very direct, and constantly caused Sergi Roberto problems. Got some pedigree as well because he was an Atletico youth player. For 10 mill he'd be worth taking the chance on.

hovewhite

Whoever comes in players wise I hope they are slavs wishes.

aaronmcguigan

no harm but what are we at sniffing around players like Krul when direct rivals are going and signing Euro 2016 winners like Rui Patricio ?
He literally played in a match on Friday and he signs on Monday, why do people assume we can and should only do business after the tournament? It's not panic stations but surely there's decent deals to be done

wheelerdeeler

Wolves aren't our direct rivals. At least where transfers are concerned. Unless you fancy giving Jorge Mendes the freedom of Craven Cottage.

hovewhite

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on June 18, 2018, 09:05:15 PM
Wolves aren't our direct rivals. At least where transfers are concerned. Unless you fancy giving Jorge Mendes the freedom of Craven Cottage.
it feels wrong the way wolves do transfers and I wonder how much if any there coach has because if results don't come ,coaches get sacked and don't think that's right.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Newry FFC on June 18, 2018, 08:48:11 PM
no harm but what are we at sniffing around players like Krul when direct rivals are going and signing Euro 2016 winners like Rui Patricio ?
He literally played in a match on Friday and he signs on Monday, why do people assume we can and should only do business after the tournament? It's not panic stations but surely there's decent deals to be done

Helps when Wolves have Jorge Mendes who's got all the half decent Portugese players on speed dial and links to their ownership. The sooner people accept that Wolves will end up with good players purely due to their ownership and links to a super agent, the better.

Barrett487

VILLA CHASE BURN

Aston Villa are chasing Wigan Athletic defender Dan Burn as a replacement for John Terry, according to the Reading Post.

Chris Samba has also left Aston Villa, with Steve Bruce needing defensive reinforcements.

Tabby

Huh, hope Dan does well, but it seems like an odd signing.

Barrett487

Quote from: Tabby on June 18, 2018, 11:06:52 PM
Huh, hope Dan does well, but it seems like an odd signing.

Agreed

Seems strange, however Dan obviously had a good season for Wigan.

Perhaps they're looking for a right back?