Ranieri out
220 (84.3%)
Keep Ranieri
41 (15.7%)

Total Members Voted: 261

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: sarvenpa on February 09, 2019, 02:59:15 PM
Reactions to substitutions

"No, I change the system and Schurrle because I have some problem. I wanted two strikers with Mitrovic and Vietto in front and Babel behind and find a solution. "

Ryan Sessegnon not playing

"He's not in the best fitness or form. It's the first time he's been in the PL and it's not possible for him."

Ok...........

Claudio needs to go if for no other reason than his treatment of Ryan.    Get him out of the club now.

Deeping_white

Said on the matchday thread that he might as well go now because we're essentially down. Do a Manaco and get a Joka back and we'll have a chance of bouncing back, or get in someone who knows the championship and will do well next season. Might as well prep now as it's going to take a monumental miracle to save us, Wagner is also a good fit and he's out of a job. I don't like seeing 3 managers in a season but at this point we might as well give a new manager a few months to bed in now rather than a summer of uncertainty

nose returns

Quote from: fulhamben on February 09, 2019, 02:23:38 PM
Yep he has to go, and hopefully Tony is sacking him as we speak

leaving our two best players on the bench and in case you are in doubt i am refering to TC and sess
plus taking off world cup winning schurl for a player that would struggle to make it in the conference when we need a goal was insane

the manager is useless.

nose returns

Quote from: Hoppus on February 09, 2019, 02:29:42 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on February 09, 2019, 02:23:38 PM
Yep he has to go, and hopefully Tony is sacking him as we speak

Ranieri should have got a decent transfer window.
They cant afford sacking him.

of course they can..we are much worse now that he has settled in
best two on the bench and when we need a goal he brings on the ever hopeless christie.

nose returns

7 people voting to keep him, a few defending him. you have to imagine these people are not supporters but have a vested interest in the PR of the club. nobody can defend what he is doing.

Twig

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on February 09, 2019, 02:58:01 PM
Quote from: Hoppus on February 09, 2019, 02:21:39 PM
Even the best manager in the world would have serious trouble with our defence.
MLM, Odoi, Ream, Bryan. PL quality???

Yep... people are talking about the man who won the Premier League with Leceister. The problem is our squad of players... they don't fit together well.

Raineri is a dinosaur. He has one way of playing (a dated way of playing) and is trying to force fit a squad that is ill fitted to his approach. He has shown no ability to adapt and get the best out of his players.

He has alienated some of our best players, lost the supporters and the dressing room.

We may not have the best defenders but they are better than this. Confidence is shot. Roy would have drilled the whole team into a rigid shape making us very difficult to break down.  Slav had his problems but showed against Liverpool that he had the potential to turn things around. Raineri has shown absolutely nothing.

David I

Said all along it was a bad choice, let alone time to out Joka.... Now in a worse position than with Joka.
At least if relegated you would fancy your chances of bouncing back with Joka.

Deluded idiots that still think we can stay up.... Cue the "what did you expect it was man Utd"

I expected nothing, same as with Chelsea, City and Liverpool....

Absolutely no chance of staying up with this squad and Ranieri... Well done to those that wanted Joka out.
Well you got what you wished for.... Plus an extra couple of injured transfers.

grandad

I voted for him to go now but I think he will stay till the end of this dismal season. What I want is for a new manager who has the nous to get us back in 2 years to be approached now & be in place the day after the season ends. This will give him plenty of time to do his own scouting & have his players in place right at the start of the summer window. Drastic times mean drastic measures.
Where there's a will there's a wife

filham

Quote from: Andyb on February 09, 2019, 02:35:22 PM
2-0 down then switch to 5 at the back, unbelievable
[/quote
He has given up on full clean sheets and is now targeting 45 minute clean sheets.

toshes mate

Ranieri is frighteningly awful, like the two idiots who hired him.  He has no tactical awareness, does not know what he wants from the side (apart from to save his bacon) and shows it in team selection, lack of organisation, and substitutions.  He seems to be trying to wean us off Cairney and Sessegnon  (under instructions?) because maybe they are due to be sold off in the summer regardless.  He says, afterwards, once we conceded we lost composure and so what was it that Vietto had none of with that early chance?  We lack quality and composure and yet he has already said the squad is good enough and so that excuse can be thrown out.  What is his excuse then?  Is it because other teams managers are just a lot better than him?
Initially, in the first ten minutes or so, I did spy some joined up thinking between players which I was a little shocked by I have to say, but it must have been pure coincidence because it disappeared very quickly.  Mistakes came thick and fast as players forgot they were at a live football game and instead thought they'd have umpteen chances to rectify as the training session went on.  I couldn't even blame the referee (who was a joke) because he had absolutely no bearing on Rico failing to cover his near post for the first goal, nor the carving open of the whole defence for the second.
Almost all our players were reduced to rabbits in headlights at several points in that game with only Odoi and Mitrovic managing to show that there was a purpose of them being there for ninety minutes.   Ranieri should never have figured in Fulham's plans in a million years and the jokers who applauded Jokanovic's demise should be thoroughly ashamed and sick of themselves at feeling better about him being in charge. 

The man is a liability.     

ffcannom

Quote from: grandad on February 09, 2019, 03:57:56 PM
I voted for him to go now but I think he will stay till the end of this dismal season. What I want is for a new manager who has the nous to get us back in 2 years to be approached now & be in place the day after the season ends. This will give him plenty of time to do his own scouting & have his players in place right at the start of the summer window. Drastic times mean drastic measures.

I agree with you but you don't seem to  understand that requires actually having some football knowledge and sense which is against Khan's business model.

ScalleysDad

Yep... people are talking about the man who won the Premier League with Leceister. The problem is our squad of players... they don't fit together well.

Ranieri took lots of credit because within football he is perceived as a nice bloke and in the media he is entertaining. Nigel Pearson built the winning team and the coaches set the tone. To use your jigsaw analogy he inherited a very well put together one but don't forget he very quickly dropped a few of the pieces and then was gone. Our jigsaw puzzle has been impossible to put together all season and I surmise when he took the job he thought, despite what he said about his player portfolio's, he would get his leader and defenders in. It's not his fault they did not materialise but for the second time this season there are fractures in the camp and we are talking about management "losing the players". I had a text about an hour ago saying the atmosphere was toxic and heading towards the Magath levels. I hope Khan Snr is prepared to go for rebuild No.4 but I doubt he has learned a thing such is his misty eyed view of how things get done.
I am sliding into the Ranieri out camp, not that I applauded his appointment anyway.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: nose on February 09, 2019, 03:49:29 PM
7 people voting to keep him, a few defending him. you have to imagine these people are not supporters but have a vested interest in the PR of the club. nobody can defend what he is doing.

Actually it's only 6 people who have voted.
I have a confession to make, I accidentally pressed the wrong button because my thumb is too big for my mobile.
Please forgive me.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Nasty Neil

Unfortunately, I said after the Brighton game that was the wo RST possible result as it legitimised the tenure of CR. As a lifelong fan that hurt me and it wasn't said lightly. Some BV people gave me loads, but it was a genuine opinion then that hadn't changed. The scarry thing is the long term he's doing with the younger players that were gonna lose  :wow:

Statto

Quote from: Neil D on February 09, 2019, 03:27:36 PM
Quote from: ffcthereligion on February 09, 2019, 02:17:57 PM
ITIE OUT
Nothing like a bit of bigotry to add a touch of class to the debate
Agreed, why hasnt this been deleted?

ScalleysDad

A fair few 'bring back Joka' mentions across the piece, predictable I suppose, but back at the time of his demise were we not equally abysmal, were the threads not full of words like disgrace, woeful, and pathetic and most importantly were there not rumblings of discontent from the changing rooms and Motspur Park?
A couple of his coaching team left early in the season along with Stuart Gray virtually pre season so it was not like we made the usual wholesale changes that usually accompany the frontmans demise so it would seem the changes were focussed on JOka himself. Anyway that's all history now. Should we not move on........ again.

bahay18

it was fantastic 45 mins against brighton and i think everyone hoped it was a turning point . its not been because the manager won't play cairney who clearly changed the pattern of that match by passing to his own players. At half time in that game ,sitting there soaking wet , freezing cold, i really hoped ranieri had resigned. it was woeful.

Statto

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on February 09, 2019, 03:32:55 PM
Quote from: sarvenpa on February 09, 2019, 02:59:15 PM
Reactions to substitutions

"No, I change the system and Schurrle because I have some problem. I wanted two strikers with Mitrovic and Vietto in front and Babel behind and find a solution. "

Ryan Sessegnon not playing

"He's not in the best fitness or form. It's the first time he's been in the PL and it's not possible for him."

Ok...........

Claudio needs to go if for no other reason than his treatment of Ryan.    Get him out of the club now.

Agree. That comment highlighted bold above is substantially more deluded and damaging than anything Magath said about cheese. Get Kamara back from Turkey to slap some sense into this clown.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: ScalleysDad on February 09, 2019, 04:14:21 PM

Ranieri took lots of credit because within football he is perceived as a nice bloke and in the media he is entertaining. Nigel Pearson built the winning team and the coaches set the tone. To use your jigsaw analogy he inherited a very well put together one but don't forget he very quickly dropped a few of the pieces and then was gone. Our jigsaw puzzle has been impossible to put together all season and I surmise when he took the job he thought, despite what he said about his player portfolio's, he would get his leader and defenders in. It's not his fault they did not materialise but for the second time this season there are fractures in the camp and we are talking about management "losing the players". I had a text about an hour ago saying the atmosphere was toxic and heading towards the Magath levels. I hope Khan Snr is prepared to go for rebuild No.4 but I doubt he has learned a thing such is his misty eyed view of how things get done.
I am sliding into the Ranieri out camp, not that I applauded his appointment anyway.

I concede Pearson's regime brought in the players, but it was Rainieri who put the pieces in place to win the league.  It was Rainieri who saw it through.

Bill2

Quote from: Andyb on February 09, 2019, 02:35:22 PM
2-0 down then switch to 5 at the back, unbelievable
I was astonished at this. It is not even if he brought on a player who can score, he didn't. This is without doubt the most stupid decisionI have ever seen a manager make.