watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Arter sent off

Started by The Swan, August 30, 2019, 09:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Ater sent off for second yellow. Parker should have taken him off at half time.
The Swan

Dodgin

Stupid reaction from Arter

Robbie

Total fool. Worst simulation I have seen.

FFC1987

As much as I think Parker should of subbed him almost straight after the yellow, having already been spoken to in the first half, Arter has been completely stupid doing what he did. Such a let down. Naivety from us massively which we now look for a draw as a good result which is a sad enrichment for this squad/team. Another unimpressive position for us this season.

Twig

Quote from: The Swan on August 30, 2019, 09:15:04 PM
Ater sent off for second yellow. Parker should have taken him off at half time.

I don't think he'd picked up a yellow at half time had he?

filham

A player picking up two yellows  is not a sign of a team in control. We allowed our selves to be brought down to Cardiff's level.

Sorry Scotty things are not going as they should have been.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: filham on August 30, 2019, 09:46:14 PM
A player picking up two yellows  is not a sign of a team in control. We allowed our selves to be brought down to Cardiff's level.

Sorry Scotty things are not going as they should have been.

Disagree. Arter only one not in control.

The Enclosurite

Parker defending him on TV.

Arter has been great so far this season but this is exactly the sort of thing that the fans feared when we were linked with him.
¡COYW!

Baston White

He was stupid to go down but made it worse by protesting as he did.
Also thought having Reed playing as the defensive midfielder didn't help our play.
Lads did well lasting 30mins with 10 men.

Statto

Quote from: The Enclosurite on August 30, 2019, 10:01:33 PM

Good

Well done Scotty  049:gif

Perhaps no one on this thread is getting replays. Arter had his achilles touched. Albeit only a light touch, but he should have had a free kick not a yellow card. The worst, but not only, crap decision from a typical Championship ref.

Asotosyios

Quote from: Statto on August 30, 2019, 10:05:56 PM

Good

Perhaps no one on this thread is getting replays. Arter had his achilles touched. Albeit only a light touch, but he should have had a free kick not a yellow card. The worst, but not only, crap decision from a typical Championship ref.

I disagree Statto. If there was any contact (and I am not sure there is much there), it was minimal. Arter went down very late and if he had not complained and had just let them have the corner, I doubt the referee would have shown him the second card.

RaySmith

Good

0001.jpeg

west kowloon white

Simulation in his own box must be unusual?.Seemed a typical away day card to me but I know nothing.

bobbo

Good

i saw that also BUT he should have gone own straight away or stayed up,it was his action FOF throwing himself down that got him sent off. He definitely got clipped but stupid reaction.
Maybe they can appeal the clip is there for all to see.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

JoelH5

Quote from: bobbo on August 30, 2019, 10:21:01 PM

Good

i saw that also BUT he should have gone own straight away or stayed up,it was his action FOF throwing himself down that got him sent off. He definitely got clipped but stupid reaction.
Maybe they can appeal the clip is there for all to see.

Don't think you can appeal a yellow, only a straight red. May be wrong though.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

bahay18

i think you only have to look at where the incident took place . he was obviously fouled but foolishly threw himself to the floor . Flint did the same 2 mins later , nothing given . Ref had a stinker . morrison spends 5 mins wiping the ball with a towel , cairney hands over the capt armband and its yellow . Mitro wrestled to the floor , no pen. Warnock still looked annoyed despite getting every decision go his way, not many teams will get a point there , especially on a friday night on sky

bahay18

ps if you read cairneys lips in the first half when he was called over by the ref . He said to Arter " watch your mouth " . it was on the cards .

Statto

Quote from: bahay18 on August 30, 2019, 10:29:33 PM
ps if you read cairneys lips in the first half when he was called over by the ref . He said to Arter " watch your mouth " . it was on the cards .

The 4th official confirmed to Sky's man on the line the second yellow was for "simulation" not dissent

bahay18

yes . this was in the first half when the ref called cairney and arter over . no doubt what the second yellow was . just highlighting that arter seemed on a mission

Stevieboy

Strange how when the 'big boys' are on Sky the commentators says countless times he got the slightest of touches and he's entitled to go down.
if H was touched he was touched...whether he hits the ground 1 second or 3 seconds after doesn't mean he wasn't.
Of course consistent refereeing would even out these decisions.