News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


Liverpool 0-0 Fulham 12/09

Started by WhiteJC, July 03, 2026, 07:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

How is Affengruber looking?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

FFC In Oz

Quote from: ffcthereligion on September 12, 2026, 03:42:58 PMWith the exception of Bobb who has been awful, this has been by far the best performance we've seen under AA

Agreed. 

That last 20-25 minutes just seemed to be us turning the ball over in the middle of the park and then starting wave after wave of attack

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Trusty Steed on September 12, 2026, 03:47:54 PMGood showing that, Bobb just doesn't seem up to it, almost seems shy to get stuck in to tackles too...

Nothing against him.   Hell, in La Liga he's be a good player.  Good with the ball at his feet.

But he's not physical enough in the EPL imo. 


SuffolkWhite

Having watched the 1st half I think we look solid, would good if a few of our midfielders took a shot from time to time. 100% improvement so far.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

FFC In Oz

Quote from: sunburywhite on September 12, 2026, 03:52:16 PMHow is Affengruber looking?

Turned it over early with an iffy pass, but he's grown into it and looked pretty solid next to Bassey.  hasn't had to do a great deal just yet

Bassey the warrior

Excellent performance from us, we've more than held our own. Looking good at both ends of the pitch.

In defence, Affengruber is having some debut, his anticipation is very impressive. Castagne has clearly been told to be more conservative in his attacking to nullify Barcola, which by and large he has.

Decent shout for a penalty too, also that chance for Muñoz was never a corner.

COYW


SerbianLad

Quote from: sunburywhite on September 12, 2026, 03:52:16 PMHow is Affengruber looking?
He made one poor pass early on that led to an Isak chance, but otherwise, he's been faultless, imo.

Small sample size, but looks like an upgrade on Andersen to me.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: sunburywhite on September 12, 2026, 03:52:16 PMHow is Affengruber looking?

Looking great, he's made a number of interceptions to snuff out a chance, not put a foot wrong so far.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: sunburywhite on September 12, 2026, 03:52:16 PMHow is Affengruber looking?

I wouldn't say he's fast...but he plays agile.  Lower center of gravity and enough pace to stay with a man to man target.   He looked confident.

I'm watching his decision making.   Nothing bad so far.


Fulham 1879

Good half but Bobb looked like he had a small engine. We counterattacked with 5 minutes to go and he just had no energy to get up the pitch and walked instead. He also offered Castagne no support defensively.

Bassey the warrior

Interesting tactical change that Castagne isn't really bombing forward, instead Bobb is staying close to the touchline. Robinson and Bobb the main wide players. Though plenty of fluidity.

Leevis

Anyone got a decent stream?


WindyCity

Quote from: Rj Fulham on September 12, 2026, 03:51:37 PM
Quote from: demeant0r on September 12, 2026, 03:46:42 PMVirgil needs to stop whining like a little B

Its great they are whining, cause we are frustrating them so much right now, long may they keep complaining instead of focusing on the game ::scarf::

Ha.  I still remember that chump whining and crying after Muniz schooled him and scored the goal.  Big baby

akf

I dont think Bobb has been all that bad.

He needs that advice that TC got early on - people will take you on and take you down and not get called for it. Expect it and move on.


AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Fulham 1879 on September 12, 2026, 03:55:50 PMGood half but Bobb looked like he had a small engine. We counterattacked with 5 minutes to go and he just had no energy to get up the pitch and walked instead. He also offered Castagne no support defensively.

For the most part...this has been Bobb in every game I've seen him play in the EPL.

He didn't play a bad game.   Had a decent cross...but if Liverpool's left back challenged him I'd be worried.    If Bobb were going up against Jedi... I'd say Jedi would get by him every time.

IMO that means he's not good enough.


Simunch

Quote from: SerbianLad on September 12, 2026, 03:51:06 PMReally like what I've seen from Affengruber(that one poor pass aside). Much more solid defensively than Andersen and looks significantly faster.

Is this David Affengruber's Premiership match debut? I presume it is.

Our defence seems much better today.

AnOldBrownie

First 10 minutes will be a worry.

cwindsor

Quote from: SerbianLad on September 12, 2026, 03:54:32 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on September 12, 2026, 03:52:16 PMHow is Affengruber looking?
He made one poor pass early on that led to an Isak chance, but otherwise, he's been faultless, imo.

Small sample size, but looks like an upgrade on Andersen to me.

Nothing against Affengruber, I think he's having a very good game, but Boris Johnson would be an upgrade on Andersen.


Milo

Get Kevin on for Bobb. He wants more game time so let's give it to him.

LPNCanadian

I'm feeling anxious about the first few minutes after halftime, as it's been our weakness this season so far.