News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


Fair or Not

Started by JimmyConway, September 21, 2026, 10:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john dempsey

Quote from: alfie on September 22, 2026, 12:33:16 PMI'm not going to moan about it, when you consider Bassey does that and worse and gets away with it.







I have no doubts whatsoever that if Bassey had done that
to a utd. player, it would of been a foul and
probably a red.

AJW48361

Quote from: Whitesideup on September 21, 2026, 10:48:16 PMI thought it was outside the box in any case. But Maguire's arm did go across him and there was a tug, and definite contact. But was it enough to bring him down? Was it "sufficient force" for it to be a foul? And if he went down too easily, should that be a yellow card?

It happened a bit later somewhere near the halfway line, but the Utd player went down far too easily with ridiculous drama from a minor shove by a Fulham player. The opposite happened .. the ref gave the foul. In that context it was certainly unfair.

It's tough for refs to be consistent, and yesterday Bankes fell short of the mark.   
Bankes was downright poor Sunday I thought he was bordering on the corrupt he  favoured united in all the 50 50s

cookieg

Whilst I don't think it was enough of a touch to down like King did he could have thrown his arms up and turned to the ref to appeal. May not have got anything but he wouldn't have been booked. King needs to be a bit smarter in these situations.


Ronnief

I thought watching the match from the Johnny Haynes Stand that it was a foul by Maguire. He denied a goal scoring oportunity and could have been sent off. The Ref would in no circumstances do that to United after last weeks decision. King was fouled no doubt. Earlier in the match a simple push on Maguire resulted in him going down and being awarded a foul against him. Double standards by the ref once again favouring the TV favourites. Do Refs keep records of players traits if so should that be banned as it could be deemed as favouritism for the TV favourites.
 ::scarf::

Fulham 1879

He needs to work on his diving because some of it is as bad as Maradona's.

susiescw

Quote from: demeant0r on September 22, 2026, 02:19:12 PMDoes anyone have a clip of this incident? I don't think it was in the highlights and I didn't see the full match.

You can see it on the FUL access video. Personally I think Maguire who is a big guy clearly stopped Josh in full flight and I don't think Josh would have had time in that split second to simulate. Also in the previous match he was fouled twice where he could have, some would say should have, gone down and didn't He often stays up or jumps over rather than falls and all credit to him.  I think it is both plain nasty and undermining for professional refs who have seen these deliberate and in the case of Chelsea ugly and dangerous fouls by big grown men who knew exactly what they were doing to accuse Josh of diving and damage a young lad's reputation in this way.