watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham v Arsenal match thread

Started by The King, April 20, 2013, 02:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

So, So proud of the lads. Apart from their somewhat fortunate goal we created all the chances. Their GK saved their blushes.
Enoh MOTM by far.
Where there's a will there's a wife

LordNelson

The theme of this season:  WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN  :dft007: :dft004:
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

ron

I loved the way we kept running despite having just 10. Arsenal's alleged strength in the final 20 minutes was well seen off with repeated attacks on their goal.

What can you say about Sidwell? ...apart from the fact he has just devised another way for a single player to torpedo a super team effort against the kind of side where we need every man playing to his utmost.

Lighthouse

Quote from: The Moose on April 20, 2013, 04:58:27 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on April 20, 2013, 03:58:01 PM
Quote from: The Moose on April 20, 2013, 03:52:11 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on April 20, 2013, 03:50:55 PM
Played well until the set piece. But I would take Berbatov off and put on Rodders just to give him a run and stretch Arsenal if we can.

Not sure if the Enoh foul was a foul that lead to the goal. But all in all a spirited reaction for Fulham.

Madness. When you have 10 men you have to keep the ball, who is better at keeping the ball in our squad than Berba? Rodders will give the ball away at every opportunity with his donkey touch.

064.gif Berbatov keep the ball? Is this meant to be ironic? EVERYTHING he has done today is not keep the ball and moan. He runs into offsides positions giving us no option but to look for another pass. He is no good with ten men. This love affair with him is fine but he needs a rest as we are going to lose and give some other players a chance to break with pace.

And this hatred of him is irrational.

I know you are frustrated as we all are. But saying I hate Berbatov is a bit childish. Berba is a great player but he looked very tired and was caught offside more often than not. He should have been replaced IMO and not by Petric. But I know people only ever see Berbatov as he was five years ago. That's fine. I don't hate him and am happy you see things as you do.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

CanadianCottager

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 20, 2013, 05:04:11 PM
Played well until the set piece. But I would take Berbatov off and put on Rodders just to give him a run and stretch Arsenal if we can.

Not sure if the Enoh foul was a foul that lead to the goal. But all in all a spirited reaction for Fulham.

Madness. When you have 10 men you have to keep the ball, who is better at keeping the ball in our squad than Berba? Rodders will give the ball away at every opportunity with his donkey touch.

064.gif Berbatov keep the ball? Is this meant to be ironic? EVERYTHING he has done today is not keep the ball and moan. He runs into offsides positions giving us no option but to look for another pass. He is no good with ten men. This love affair with him is fine but he needs a rest as we are going to lose and give some other players a chance to break with pace.

I know you are frustrated as we all are. But saying I hate Berbatov is a bit childish. Berba is a great player but he looked very tired and was caught offside more often than not. He should have been replaced IMO and not by Petric. But I know people only ever see Berbatov as he was five years ago. That's fine. I don't hate him and am happy you see things as you do.

:plus one: :plus one: :plus one: Berba's only accomplishment today was getting caught offside. He's a great player but today was not his kind of game. Rodallega, as poor as his touch may have been, would at least have harried defenders and really should have gotten on the pitch today. Couldn't have done any worse than Berba had he did.

beijing ben

On that performance it's a must that we try to buy Enoh and Emanuelson in the summer. If we can get a Murpheyesque kind of player to play next to Enoh next season we could do very well.. Best thing today was Wigan losing. If they lose their next one i don't think they will get to 40 points..

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 20, 2013, 05:04:11 PM

You often criticise him for being a luxury player etc. He did fine today.
He may've been a bit frustrating but he is the best striker we have by a long shot.

Berserker

The Arsenal guy next to me was very impressed with Bryan
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

beijing ben

Quote from: Berserker on April 20, 2013, 05:39:30 PM
The Arsenal guy next to me was very impressed with Bryan

Ruiz or Eno(h)?..

Berserker

Ruiz, well no.11, He asked who he was as he thought he had great ball control. No.11 is Ruiz isn't it?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ffc73

So our no11 can't shot (or score), cross a corner in stoppage time when we are pressing, still after almost two seasons needs more time than he will every get in the Premier League, can't tackle and defend but he does have great ball control.

Do you think Arsene will give us the money we paid to take him off our hands? No thought not