You lot are not going to like this

Started by Peabody, April 05, 2015, 11:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

Quote from: Robbie on April 05, 2015, 04:23:53 PM
Lets face it .. we are no different from about 85 other clubs in the PL / FL

Wrong!
We are FULHAM!
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Chesh

The only thing wrong with this post is the title.....
as I would guess most of 'us lot' are of exactly the same mind.

Looking forward to Charlton already....  049:gif
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

dannyboi-ffc

The only vague area for me is does coming onto a fulham forum and venting my frustrations after the calamities of the past few years make me a bad fan?

I live and breathe fulham, its in the blood. I go to every game in the hope that we will win. I hardly ever boo or judge a lineup before the game is over. But I also dont pretend a manager or a player will come good by relentless chances even if I want them too. I cant pretend that if we lose because the manager always makes the same mistake or the players always mess up in the final third. I will never ever give up my season ticket through failure, maybe one day because of health, age or finances. I made up my mind on kit and many players a few weeks ago but I still go and support the club. I support those like my grandad who never gave up in eras a lot worse than this, eras that without the fight from our fans wouldnt be the club I know today. I will never give up but there isnt much to cheer at the moment and its hard to find many compliments or positives right now.

Hopefully Tuesday night I see something to change that. By the way the title of the thread is a bit weird
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Twig

I am another who is completely in agreement with the sentiments of your post.  Thus far there doesn't seem to be much disagreement, perhaps for a rare occasion you have found something we contrary whatsits can actually all agree on!

HV71

I don't really want to say Woolly. Being perfectly honest they were my life I went from being a snotty kid on the terraces to being on the Board . I went home and away never missing a game  - even when I was working every other week in the US. It all then went terribly wrong and my world crashed. I said to my lad  ( who was born in Putney ) - where shall we go ? I knew people at Fulham so I was so pleased he opted for the Cottage rather than that other team. Whilst I have to admit it will never be quite the same it comes close. This is a small club with a true spirit and I can identify and love that . My boy loves the club and it's good for him  to support his local team . I did and he is doing that albeit for a different team I truly love proper supporters They are the ones who explain big events in their life ( deaths , births marriages etc ) with ref to games eg he died on the Tuesday we had just beaten Portsmouth 2 -1 on the Saturday . They will go no matter what happens. I eventually failed that test - having been on the board I just couldn't go back when it all went sour. I should have stayed on the terraces it would have been easier. I always respected Fulham whenever we played you in the lower divisions. I used to take Jimmy Hill up to our ground in my car. He was a great bloke. I always thought that Fulham were a class act ( despite not letting women into the boardroom until after full time ). I am now happy to be a supporter but I get a bit cross when I see some of the antics of the club. Thanks for asking Woolly but I cannot publicly slag off my old club.

Hope you can understand

Thanks

Vinnieffc

When my family moved from Ireland to England in 1976, I was an Arsenal fan as, unlike my fellow school mates whu supported Liverpoo or Man Ure. After a year of going to Highbury every fortnight as a 12 year old, I got drafted in to my cousins who lived in Lysia Street to go to The Cottage. I was hooked and never looked back. My prevailing memory as a 14 year old was that at Aresnal, I was a fan. At Fulham, I was part of an extended family. Still hasn't changed. That's why I will love this club until I finally lose my marbles and start preferring lawn green bowls to footie and rugby.. COYW

res

Quote from: Peabody on April 05, 2015, 11:51:01 AM
But it is my opinion.

To me, there is something unique about being a Fulham supporter, over the years we have learnt that Fulham are never going to set the football world alight but occasionally they do. We should all know that they will annoy you, sometimes anger you, definitely frustrate you but also, delight you. All of these emotions go in circles and we should all be aware of this when we commit to Fulham.

You may say, oh he lacks ambition, well that is plain rubbish, of course I want Fulham to do well but there is nothing I can do about this, just like you, I only have my heart and soul in FFC, unfortunately, I lack the funds to be an influence in Fulham's future.

At times like these, I could turn my back on Fulham, I won't because there is always that glimmer of hope that we have turned the corner and will now start our climb back to rejoin the big teams.

You can all moan as much as you like and say all nasty things you like, because if that's what gets you through all of this, then good luck too you. Me, I will continue enjoy going to Craven Cottage, I will continue to hope Fulham win because that is how I support a team.

Exactly, my first game was in 1956 and I have never looked back. The highlights (Premiership-2 long spells; the rise through the divisions from 4th Division demise; the FA cup final run; the Europa League season) and the lowlights (accelerating relegation ending in 2 from bottom of Division 4), playing in front of 2000 in a dilapidated Cottage. But this makes supporting a club like Fulham so much better than "supporting" Man. Utd from your armchair---those who do don't understand the triumph of the highs because they've never been to the lows.
So things are bad now...but it's all part of a journey and I'm sticking with it

WestCountryWhite

Quote from: YankeeJim on April 05, 2015, 05:28:56 PM
But it is my opinion.

To me, there is something unique about being a Fulham supporter, over the years we have learnt that Fulham are never going to set the football world alight but occasionally they do. We should all know that they will annoy you, sometimes anger you, definitely frustrate you but also, delight you. All of these emotions go in circles and we should all be aware of this when we commit to Fulham.

You may say, oh he lacks ambition, well that is plain rubbish, of course I want Fulham to do well but there is nothing I can do about this, just like you, I only have my heart and soul in FFC, unfortunately, I lack the funds to be an influence in Fulham's future.

At times like these, I could turn my back on Fulham, I won't because there is always that glimmer of hope that we have turned the corner and will now start our climb back to rejoin the big teams.

You can all moan as much as you like and say all nasty things you like, because if that's what gets you through all of this, then good luck too you. Me, I will continue enjoy going to Craven Cottage, I will continue to hope Fulham win because that is how I support a team.

Now, this is the definition of a true fan. Good on you my Peabody.

It's not the definition of a true fan its the definition of one way to be a fan. If you go regularly then I believe you reserve the rite to have an opinion and to vent that on a forum designed to talk about the thing we all love.

This really isn't a go at you Blingo everyone is entitled to react how they want about our current predicament I just dont get the implied moral high ground of not having a moan. I first started going in 92 when we where poor and I had the fun of going through school being the only fulham fan. I don't see it as a badge of honour to go through that but what it does make me feel is I don't want to go back there and will be dragged kicking and screaming back down there again. Will it stop me going if we do no I love this club and there is no rite or wrong way to support it as I've said you pay the money and travel when you can then you are entitled to your opinion. It's not rite or wrong how anyone reacts

b+w geezer

Well said people. It's one thing being depressed and critical, but another to decide to stop supporting because the wheel of fortune has taken a turn for the worse.  One might think of staying away if we were in the particular circumstances that Blackpool are now -- I don't mean on the pitch, but off it. Otherwise one sticks it out, grumbling the while, by all means.

In due course you become attached to particular players, take pleasure in smaller successes, become excited again about the FA Cup....And then at some stage the good times start to roll again. It's the nature of supporting maybe 80/96 clubs.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on April 05, 2015, 07:59:28 PM
But it is my opinion.

It's not the definition of a true fan its the definition of one way to be a fan. If you go regularly then I believe you reserve the rite to have an opinion and to vent that on a forum designed to talk about the thing we all love.

This really isn't a go at you Blingo everyone is entitled to react how they want about our current predicament I just dont get the implied moral high ground of not having a moan. I first started going in 92 when we where poor and I had the fun of going through school being the only fulham fan. I don't see it as a badge of honour to go through that but what it does make me feel is I don't want to go back there and will be dragged kicking and screaming back down there again. Will it stop me going if we do no I love this club and there is no rite or wrong way to support it as I've said you pay the money and travel when you can then you are entitled to your opinion. It's not rite or wrong how anyone reacts

At last. I was beginning to think I had done something wrong in a previous life as the sanctimonious threads just kept coming. I will support as best as I can, as will the kids, but not being at the Cottage every week with a season ticket nailed to my forehead seems to mean we are not true, loyal supporters. Perhaps we should sit in the rainy section of P1 along with all of those who did not make it to Hamburg!

Peabody

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on April 05, 2015, 07:59:28 PM
But it is my opinion.

Hang on a minute, I am not trying to claim any moral high ground and also, I am not Blingo. I am just pointing out that there is another way.

WestCountryWhite

I apologise for putting the wrong name but not for what I said.

There is another way absolutely and that's up to you its not rite and it's not wrong. Your implying something which several topics recently have alluded to that someone moaning about this car crush is in some way making you less of a fan

dannyboi-ffc

Actually thinking about it why is there an instruction manual for supporting a club? Every individual is different, some people get so stressed and worked up about Fulham that a break from it is the best medicine going. Its not as black and white (excuse the pun) as to say never stop going no matter what state we are in. If life was that simple Fulham would have 100,000 fans.

Sometimes parents can be ashamed of their kids if they aren't good people or they are causing problems, they can be disappointed and may even kick them out or not talk for years. They may feel like they are going round in circles and getting no where, there moaning and criticism is because they care but it goes through one ear and out the other.

But it is very very rare despite all these faults that a mother and father ever stop loving their kids and live in hope their child will come good one day. Now if a parent and there are many of them can do this then why cant a supporter of a football club?

Sometimes fans get tired, not me personally but I can understand everyone deals with things differently.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Peabody

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on April 05, 2015, 08:26:56 PM
I apologise for putting the wrong name but not for what I said.

There is another way absolutely and that's up to you its not rite and it's not wrong. Your implying something which several topics recently have alluded to that someone moaning about this car crush is in some way making you less of a fan

That's rubbish, I have never said and nor would I that someon is superior or inferior. I am just trying to point out that we as fans have options one of which is to recognise that we have little power on the running of Fulham. You have chosen to introduce the words right and wrong, words that I have never used.

WestCountryWhite

Then why title the thread as you have done? You wanted a reaction your last paragraph implies exactly that.

Peabody

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on April 05, 2015, 08:46:06 PM
Then why title the thread as you have done? You wanted a reaction your last paragraph implies exactly that.

Seems to me you are looking for a row mate. We'll get on with it

hovewhite

Well supporting fulham through there last 4 decades there's a song that somes it up.
EVEN THE BAD TIMES ARE GOOD
COYW

WestCountryWhite

I'm not and that's exactly my point you started this thread titled "You lot aren't going to like this" and I'm the one starting an argument.

We are all here to support this club in the way we want to there is just no need for topics like this.

I don't want to argue with anyone so this is me out

hovewhite

The Tremoloes recorded it by the way.

blingo

With you all the way Mr P.

The REAL Blingo lol