News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SG

Would still prefer JFH or Jokanovic to any of the others. I think these two would be better bets in the short and longer term for FFC

H4usuallysitting


Chesh

No thanks - the man comes across as a whinging, whining, bitter,  dinosaur, and I don't want him anywhere near FFC. He still hasn't stopped blaming Sheffield United's relegation that year on our one game against Liverpool.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)


alexmur

it's  Pearson or moyes I think now.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

westcliff white

I hate warnock but would prefer him to Pearson
Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

Quote from: alexmur on November 14, 2015, 12:16:43 PM
it's  Pearson or moyes I think now.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I'm still hoping for vincello
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.


Wearethewhites

Quote from: alexmur on November 14, 2015, 12:16:43 PM
it's  Pearson or moyes I think now.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

And if Pearson takes the QPR job and Moyes turns us down which is highly likely, then what? I've a felling our new man will be someone who's not entered the frame yet.

@jolslover

STH H3

Lighthouse

Am I the only one who has a list of people I would prefer didn't take the job. But no list for favourites I want to take the job. Nobody listed fills me with great joy. Some have no experience, some have experience but dodgy reputations. Not a great fan of any of them.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope


Neil D


fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

cmg

Couple of points:

1.A poster here said it was disgraceful that 'Pearson has no respect for fans or media'.
I obviously agree that a manager should show some respect for the fans, who are, at least to some extent, his meal ticket. But I am not sure that the media deserve anything in the way of respect. They certainly do not give any. However much cosying up to the media a manager indulges in they will always do for him in the end.

2. This scenario provides a neat little illustration of how bookies work.
Some people think of bookies as having superhuman powers, but although their sources of information are as good as, if not better, than anybody's, they have no special knowledge of, or even interest in, outcomes. If Stan Stevenage wants to invest £6 to make a £1 profit if Pearson becomes Fulham manager and Lenny Loftus wants to invest £6 to make a £1 profit for the same bloke to take over at QPR then the bookmaker will be delighted to accommodate both in the sure knowledge that he will make a £1 profit if Pearson lands either of the jobs (and, of course, will pocket the whole £12 if he gets neither).

Just to illustrate how 'important' this contest is in betting term; the 'Next Fulham Manager' market on Betfair has matched a total of £1018 in bets whereas the next race at Cheltenham today [12.40], a relatively minor event, has already matched over £700,000!


Skatzoffc

Quote from: fulhamben on November 14, 2015, 11:53:49 AM
Quote from: rusty shackleford on November 14, 2015, 11:47:18 AM
Anybody who says "we can do better than David Moyes" is gonna be severely disappointed.

so we are going to get a manager who has flopped big time in his last 3 jobs as opposed to just the last 2 jobs that moyes has flopped in. Moyes done a great job at Everton but has been terrible since he left. He is by no means a messiah or guaranteed to do a good job where ever he turns up next.

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.....
:005:
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

fulhamben

Quote from: Skatzoffc on November 14, 2015, 12:41:06 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on November 14, 2015, 11:53:49 AM
Quote from: rusty shackleford on November 14, 2015, 11:47:18 AM
Anybody who says "we can do better than David Moyes" is gonna be severely disappointed.

so we are going to get a manager who has flopped big time in his last 3 jobs as opposed to just the last 2 jobs that moyes has flopped in. Moyes done a great job at Everton but has been terrible since he left. He is by no means a messiah or guaranteed to do a good job where ever he turns up next.

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.....
:005:

a very naughty boy who can't even hold down a job for as long as kit did. Maybe he is just one of those managers that could only really do it at that one club
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Max Headroom

No one will please everyone

Whoever is picked will have failed somewhere



bog

NO! NO! NO! NO!  :dft007: :031:


092.gif fp.gif :doh:

alexmur

I dont know how I'd feel if it was Rodgers, I know I'd hate his press conferences but that's not what a coach is for, any Rodgers fans?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

FPT

Quote from: rusty shackleford on November 14, 2015, 11:47:18 AM
Anybody who says "we can do better than David Moyes" is gonna be severely disappointed.


I can see where this football club wants to go, and I know what I would like to see aesthetically on the football pitch. David Moyes fulfils neither, he's a controlling dictator with a limited "play book." If we didn't have Mike Rigg, I'd still be wary of his presence because he loves a long ball - we are better than that, our players are better than that one-dimensional nonsense.


westcliff white

where is it reported he has taken the job? last I heard he was in London talking to QPR
Every day is a Fulham day

Neil D

Quote from: fulhamben on November 14, 2015, 12:38:44 PM
Quote from: Neil D on November 14, 2015, 12:36:46 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on November 14, 2015, 12:19:57 PM
I'm still hoping for vincello
And he would be...?
He would be an auto corrected first name of montella
In that case, sorry to disappoint you but he is now the manager of Sampdoria (as of yesterday).