watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chicken Burgers

Started by Andy S, August 19, 2018, 11:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Yesterday at Wembley spurs served up a chicken burger and a small bottle of Budweiser beer for £14.00. We get robbed wherever we go. The Burger on its own was £6.50 and if you wanted a kit Kat it was £1.50.

Woolly Mammoth

That's one of the reasons why I eat before I leave for the Match, which is generally a full sized Extra Large Cow Pie. With Lashings of Rice Pudding. Washed down by a Large Pint of English Bombardier.
Before I enter any Football Stadium, rather than be mugged of my hard earned wages.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SWSixer

Who'd have thought the 'Twenty is Plenty' campaign was actually about your half time meal?

snarks

Not sure how much of that is Spurs and how much is Wembley. I tend not to buy food there for that reason

hovewhite

I stopped buying anything inside football stadia a good few seasons ago because of prices and quality.

Andy S

Totally agree with everything said above but to me it is morally wrong. If it's Wembley it is wrong, if it is Spurs it is still wrong. We should all be shouting loudly as it is stealing our money. You cannot take water in to the ground without it being poured into a disposable cup!!! People at the top don't care we are only football supporters.

Russianrob

The worst rip off is the Spurs Lottery ticket.The winner gets his money back!

ron

Quote from: Russianrob on August 20, 2018, 09:22:57 AM
The worst rip off is the Spurs Lottery ticket.The winner gets his money back!

...less a 25% handling charge of course......

Oh, and don't forget the 5% booking fee when buying it.....

Twig

Quote from: Andy S on August 19, 2018, 11:44:51 PM
Yesterday at Wembley spurs served up a chicken burger and a small bottle of Budweiser beer for £14.00. We get robbed wherever we go. The Burger on its own was £6.50 and if you wanted a kit Kat it was £1.50.

If I'm reading this correctly the bottle of Bud was £7.50? That is insane.

gang

Can't understand why anyone buys burgers, the smell is enough to put me off.

Rhys Lightning 63

Meanwhile, I've just come back from Atlanta where a refillable bottle of Coke costs $2
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Luka

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on August 20, 2018, 04:30:33 PM
Meanwhile, I've just come back from Atlanta where a refillable bottle of Coke costs $2
A bottle of coke at the Cottage is £3.50 ($4.60) !!

Nero

Quote from: SWSixer on August 20, 2018, 01:08:27 AM
Who'd have thought the 'Twenty is Plenty' campaign was actually about your half time meal?

That made me chuckle

Neil D

According to a survey I read last week, the Cottage offers its well-heeled clients the second most expensive pie and pint combo in the PL. 

Andy S

Away supporters are surcharged at Wembley. The Burger was a chicken (allegedly) burger with cheese and coleslaw and it was horrible. I tried it.

One James stannard

Why anybody would pay for Budweiser is beyond me  :dft004:

gang

KJS

Quote from: gang on August 20, 2018, 08:18:48 PM
Quote from: One James stannard on August 20, 2018, 06:06:07 PM
Why anybody would pay for Budweiser is beyond me  :dft004:

+1

+ 2 you may as well drink your own urine

MisfitKid

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

MayoDomo

You guys should come to baseball and football games in America. It's a little worse than what you've described. And the food is shite.
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!