https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just did Premier League BBC Predictor.

Started by Tktd, February 28, 2011, 12:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Admin on February 28, 2011, 04:45:48 PM
Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on February 28, 2011, 10:11:19 AM
I just relegated West Brom, Wolves and Wigan - we just avoided relegation and West Ham came 9th!!

It does show me that we need to win our home games against Bolton, Blackburn and Blackpool as we won't get much away or at home against Arsenal / Liverpool...

Trust me, Liverpool are very beatable at the Cottage just as West Ham showed us yesterday. They are nothing without Torres and shouldn't be feared in the slightest. They got away beating us 1-0 at their gaff with the oddest of goals but down here under the Mark Hughes, we'll bull-dozer them.

I would love to beat them. They went on a roll due to some luck and easy fixtures but their non performances in europe and their loss yest shows what a mediocre team they really are. Hopefully we can beat them for Roy

jarv

I did it this week-end also, got the same top 5, relegated, Wolves instead of west ham, other 2 the same and Fulham 9th also!!! :clap_hands:

Mr Fulham

Had Fulham at #11
Wolves, Wigan, West Brom relegated with West Ham being #17.

#1 ManUtd, #2 Arsenal, #3 ManCity, #4 Chelscum, #5 Spuds.

Tktd

Quote from: Luke on February 28, 2011, 08:09:46 AM
I'd be surprised if Man Utd only gained 19 points from the last 11 matches.

4 of Man Utd's 11 remaining premiership games are against Chelsea x2, Arsenal and Liverpool.

They also have games against Bolton at Old Trafford, West Ham at Upton park - (if they're in the form where they beat liverpool then anything's possible), Newcastle at Newcastle and an increasingly difficult game at Everton.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: RidgeRider on February 28, 2011, 12:53:56 AM
I think it is very possible we could have a run of play like your predictions assuming we don't suddenly lose form and there are no major injuries. Seems very doable.

9th would be a nice finish considering our first half.

I don't think we will get anything at Everton (we never seem to) and beating Arsenal will depend upon what else they are playing for at that point but under normal circumstances it will be a bit too much to ask for.  Let's hope that we go into that game not needing anything...

RidgeRider

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on February 28, 2011, 09:07:47 PM
I think it is very possible we could have a run of play like your predictions assuming we don't suddenly lose form and there are no major injuries. Seems very doable.

I don't think we will get anything at Everton (we never seem to) and beating Arsenal will depend upon what else they are playing for at that point but under normal circumstances it will be a bit too much to ask for.  Let's hope that we go into that game not needing anything...

That is what Finnster thought to about Everton. You two are probably right however I just feel Everton are not having the blazing second half they traditionally seem to have and they don't seem so threatening. It goes without saying we will have to play well to beat them. I guess I am the sort that thinks, now's the time and since we haven't really ever got much out of them up there, we are due....especially given we have some quality in the squad and are playing better. Wishful thinking perhaps.  :dft012:

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Really hope you are right and I am wrong...

Quote from: RidgeRider on February 28, 2011, 09:16:29 PM
Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on February 28, 2011, 09:07:47 PM

That is what Finnster thought to about Everton. You two are probably right however I just feel Everton are not having the blazing second half they traditionally seem to have and they don't seem so threatening. It goes without saying we will have to play well to beat them. I guess I am the sort that thinks, now's the time and since we haven't really ever got much out of them up there, we are due....especially given we have some quality in the squad and are playing better. Wishful thinking perhaps.  :dft012:

Ordar

Heres what I got when doing it:

Team            P             GD             PTS
1 Man U          38            49             89

2 Arsenal        38            40             79
3 Chavs          38            41             76
4 Citeh           38            28             71
5 Spuds          38            14             67
6 Pool             38            4              56
7 Sunderland    38            -3             51
8 Villa              38           -9             50
9 Everton         38           -3             45
10 Blackpool     38           -16            45
11 FULHAM       38               0                44

12 N'castle       38            -2             44
13 Stoke          38            -9             44
14 Brum            38           -11            44
15 Bolton          38           -6              43
16 Wet Spam     38           -17            42
17 Blackburn      38           -19            39
18 Wolves         38           -19            37 
19 West Brom    38           -28            32
20 Wigan          38           -34            29   

Looking at it, I may have been a bit unfair on Bolton, and a bit too generous to Everton and Villa.   

Sorry for the rubbish formatting!!