watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just did Premier League BBC Predictor.

Started by Tktd, February 28, 2011, 12:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

Just did a premier league predictor on BBC - these were the results.

Man Utd to win the title

Top 5 to look like this

Man Utd - 79pts
Arsenal - 78 pts
Chelsea - 73 pts
Tottenham 65 pts
Man City - 63 pts

Fulham come in at 9th with 47pts

Relegated are...

18th West Ham - 40 pts
19th Wigan - 38 pts
20th Blackburn - 35 pts

Newcastle and West Brom just missing out on relegation by getting 41 pts.

Results I gave Fulham to reach that total were

Fulham 2 - 0 Blackburn
Everton 1 - 1 Fulham
Fulham 1 - 0 Blackpool
Man Utd 2 - 0 Fulham
Fulham 2 - 1 Bolton
Wolves 2 - 1 Fulham
Sunderland 2 - 2 Fulham
Fulham 1 - 1 Liverpool
Birmingham 1 - 0 Fulham
Fulham 2 - 1 Arsenal

What do you think?

RidgeRider

I think it is very possible we could have a run of play like your predictions assuming we don't suddenly lose form and there are no major injuries. Seems very doable.

9th would be a nice finish considering our first half.

finnster01

We won't even come close.

47 points and beating Arsenal? Yeah right, send me some of the stuff you have been smoking.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Snibbo

9th sounds optimistic, but looking at your individual predictions, they seem achievable. Beat Arsenal at the Cottage - doesn't sound impossible at all. We are playing really well, Bobby on the verge, Arsenal notoriously inconsistent.  When I did the predictor I had us finishing 11th.

clint23

TonyGilroy

I also did Predictor last night and had us 9th on 45 points. Wigan and West Brom were only on 34/35 points and Blackburn went down with 38.

Mind you I did it 2 weeks ago and relegated Bolton.

Luke

I'd be surprised if Man Utd only gained 19 points from the last 11 matches.
Here's Davies..... It's on, It is on!!

BalDrick

Lot of people (well two) saying Blackburn will go, whereas I'm thinking Blackpool are more likely. I didn't see any of it but to concede 4 to Wolves - how poo must you be?
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Tom

Quote from: BalDrick on February 28, 2011, 09:03:24 AM
Lot of people (well two) saying Blackburn will go, whereas I'm thinking Blackpool are more likely. I didn't see any of it but to concede 4 to Wolves - how sh1t must you be?
That's a good point. Or they could have just had a really bad game.
Fulham for life!

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: BalDrick on February 28, 2011, 09:03:24 AM
Lot of people (well two) saying Blackburn will go, whereas I'm thinking Blackpool are more likely. I didn't see any of it but to concede 4 to Wolves - how sh1t must you be?

They had a man sent off at 1-0 though

TonyGilroy

Blackpool beat Spurs.

They do seem to have the knack of producing the odd surprise.

I still reckon West Brom and Wigan are gone. Any of the teams on 32 or 33 points could manage only 6 or 7 points from 10 games and find themselves down.

Us included of course but I think we're better than that.

West Ham and Wolves are improving. Birmingham too good with games in hand.

I think it could easily be Blackburn or Blackpool for the last relegation place and my hunch is Blackburn. Steve Kean ffs.

clint23

TonyGilroy

clint23

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

I just relegated West Brom, Wolves and Wigan - we just avoided relegation and West Ham came 9th!!

It does show me that we need to win our home games against Bolton, Blackburn and Blackpool as we won't get much away or at home against Arsenal / Liverpool...

FFCcravencottage

FC Silver Fox

I think we'll finish with 42 or 43 points which will put us somewhere between 13th-15th place. We'll have another scare before the end of the season where we're not too far off the danger zone because of a string of draws and an occasional defeat.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on February 28, 2011, 03:48:46 PM
I think we'll finish with 42 or 43 points which will put us somewhere between 13th-15th place. We'll have another scare before the end of the season where we're not too far off the danger zone because of a string of draws and an occasional defeat.

I can see this happening - the scare will come after we unexpectedly lose/draw to Bolton at home, with people starting to get really worried.

Burt

Lets be honest...

This is the tightest it has been for years.

Anyone can beat anyone, and have been.

3 or 4 wins on the trot and we're challenging for Europe.

3 or 4 losses on the trot and we're in the bottom 3.

Impossible to predict what the end of the season will look like. On current form you would have to bet on Blackpool and Blackburn going down. But there's plenty of games yet for things to change.

So long as we keep our recent home form intact, and continue to be competitive away, then we should be good.

Admin

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on February 28, 2011, 10:11:19 AM
I just relegated West Brom, Wolves and Wigan - we just avoided relegation and West Ham came 9th!!

It does show me that we need to win our home games against Bolton, Blackburn and Blackpool as we won't get much away or at home against Arsenal / Liverpool...

Trust me, Liverpool are very beatable at the Cottage just as West Ham showed us yesterday. They are nothing without Torres and shouldn't be feared in the slightest. They got away beating us 1-0 at their gaff with the oddest of goals but down here under the Mark Hughes, we'll bull-dozer them.