News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Wilshere generation to win Englands first world cup?...

Started by Tktd, April 04, 2011, 05:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

Wilshere and McEachran in CM with smalling at CB along with Stockdale in goal?

It's definately the most promising I can remember for some time.

Anyone able to finish off the team?

Kieran Gibbs obviously springs to mind as another defender.

ImperialWhite

Errr....? Second World Cup you mean?

To your Wilshire and McEachran I raise you:
Mesut Özil
Thomas Müller

Germany to win the next World Cup, I reckon.

AlFayedsChequebook

Can we not fall into the 'golden generation' trap AGAIN please?

MurphLegend

Tktd

Not golden generation - just more of an effective and professional and accomplished generation I'm thinking.

Titles also been changed - englands next world cup.

Also although the rivalry will be fierce I'd like to think these players will be capable of being the older ones of a winning generation. (thinking about how we're winning all youth championships and getting into the finals etc and are regenerating the way we work with the youth setups.)

SmithyFFC

Hart

Walker  Smalling  Cahill  Gibbs

McEachran  Rodwell  Wilshere

Walcott  Carroll  Rooney

Subs: Stockdale, Richards, Naughton, Henderson, Lennon, Sturridge, A. Young

Squad players: Huddlestone, Dawson, Milner, Welbeck, Foster, Wickham, A. Johnson.

:045:  :beer:

FTID

RidgeRider

Quote from: Tktd on April 04, 2011, 05:17:33 PM

Wilshere and McEachran in CM with smalling at CB along with Stockdale in goal?

It's definately the most promising I can remember for some time.

Anyone able to finish off the team?

Kieran Gibbs obviously springs to mind as another defender.

There are some REALLY good young players coming into their own in England aren't there? Lots of skill. I would throw in:

Rodwell
Milner
Walcott
Sturridge
Carroll
Wilshere
Delph
Muamba
Gosling
Cattermole

sipwell

You'll never get passed Belgium... EVER. You'll be eaten in the final of the world cup by our boys. 5-1 (and one goal passing the line but the referee's on our side).
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

richie17

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on April 04, 2011, 05:25:19 PM
                Hart

Walcott  Carroll  Rooney

Squad players: Huddlestone, Dawson, Milner, Welbeck, Foster, Wickham, A. Johnson.

THis being so, why not pick the side as is from the next international fixture?

Tktd

Hart

Walcott  Carroll  Rooney

you'd leave out A. Young and A. Johnson to just sub roles and squad players - thought A. Johnson was one of our best wingers and A Young is doing really well too... Rooney hasn't really cut it recently internationally and Carroll albeit promising is still an unknown entity.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: sipwell on April 04, 2011, 05:26:54 PM
You'll never get passed Belgium... EVER. You'll be eaten in the final of the world cup by our boys. 5-1 (and one goal passing the line but the referee's on our side).

We'll be eaten! Jeez... you guys picked up some bad habits in the Belgian Congo!

:005:

Mr Fulham

Hart
Clyne Smalling Cahill Gibbs
      Wilshere Rodwell
          Henderson
Albrighton           Welbeck
           Carroll

Subs: Stockdale Loach Walker Cleverley Muamba McEachran Sturridge Delfouneso Wickham

SmithyFFC

Quote from: Tktd on April 04, 2011, 05:28:19 PM
                Hart

Walcott  Carroll  Rooney

you'd leave out A. Young and A. Johnson to just sub roles and squad players - thought A. Johnson was one of our best wingers and A Young is doing really well too... Rooney hasn't really cut it recently internationally and Carroll albeit promising is still an unknown entity.

Just shows the amount of quailty we have you can leave those kind of players out. Rooney has been off form recentley, but he is our only world class striker. Carroll, time will tell I suppose.
FTID

SmithyFFC

An alternative team:

Foster

Richards  Smalling  Rodwell  Gibbs

Wilshere  Milner

A. Johnson  Henderson  A. Young

Sturridge
FTID

MJG

looking back maybe 10 years i'm sure the same was being said of a midfield of Lampard/Gerrard/Cole etc and look what that has produced over the last few years.

AlFayedsChequebook

Surely the problem has never been the quality of the players, more their inability to play well together as a team?

dishEJtheRock!

Quote from: sipwell on April 04, 2011, 05:26:54 PM

You may be on to something here I've been playing with Belgium on FIFA and theyre impressive. Lukaku and Hazard are so young but already really good and any team with Dembele has a chance. Put Fellaini in there and thats a scary team to play against.

HatterDon

I watched Arsenal's inability to score on Saturday, and was taken by the announcers' slobbering over everything Wilshere did -- including when he scratched his butt. A routine cut out was "a brilliant interception" and the one routine pass out of 7 that he actually hit to a teammate was hailed as "majestic." When he fluffed an open goal opportunity, the color announcer actually said that his weakness in front of goal was a serious deficiency of his play, but he must have been corrected for that as never was another even neutral word spoken about his match. Truth is, I thought he was the weakest Arsenal midfielder on the day, and probably should have been subbed out.

I'm afraid that it is the way of English announcers to get super excited over talented young players and inculcate in them Messianic powers. I've seen it with Beckham and Rooney. Wilshere is next and that's a shame. He seems a nice lad with a bit of talent. I hope he survives the hatred and vituperation he'll be getting once the English press recognizes that he's not a combination of Pele, Cruyff, and DiStefano.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

jarv

:57: :57: :57: Don't make me laugh. No chance. Most of the names put forward, very ordinary (by professional standards of course).
The golden generation turned out to be made of brass. :035:

ron

...Perhaps there is something in this story....that in future England teams will be from the young and keen generation, making their reputations on the international scene. Then as they mature (?) they can settle into their £150k plus lifestyles as club players, unencumbered by the chore of having the honour of representing country?