watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Should Fulham Ban Coloured Boots?

Started by White Noise, April 16, 2011, 08:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonffc

YES!!! I hate coloured boots. My 10 yr old son has always had black boots and currently has 3 pairs of black Puma Kings.
I plumb for the ageless classic, adidas copa mundial for my occasional appearances and youth coaching.

Banning kids from these hideous things is about the only thing Ferguson and I agree on!!

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: leonffc on April 16, 2011, 08:25:47 AM
YES!!! I hate coloured boots. My 10 yr old son has always had black boots and currently has 3 pairs of black Puma Kings.
I plumb for the ageless classic, adidas copa mundial for my occasional appearances and youth coaching.

Banning kids from these hideous things is about the only thing Ferguson and I agree on!!
You boring, grumpy old git ! (I agree with you 100%  :045:)

michaelread

silly to ban them.

I wear white Adidas Predators with a blue trim. I have always preferred white boots, even when playing rugby, my boots have always been white. It's a confidence and expressionistic thing. These days, players are looking to stand out from the crowd, which is why players like Messi, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho etc capture the hearts of young football fans, because they express themselves through their feet. They play fancy, their boots are fancy, they bring that magic element that pulls kids in.

Personally? If someone has boots that arent black or white, I let them know about it. I don't shut up and I make sure after every scuffed shot, every mistimed pass or touch, the player is asked whether they need some brighter boots, or, why'd they spend all that money on Crocs with studs.

I dont really mind black, white, blue, or red. But any of these fluro colours are attention seeking. Although, it is because of the kids. It gets them excited about buying football boots, which gets them excited about football. It's important to them, they identify with a player, and thus a brand, and this a colour, and it makes them feel more confident, like they are sharing something with the superstars.

Still doesnt mean i wont whack you if you are wearing pink boots, though. haha.

FatFreddysCat

I would never have worn coloured boots. Players who want to express themslves Michael should do it with their skill not the colour of their boots. Yeah ban them .

SmithyFFC

as long as the player performs on the pitch and gives 100% for the team, i don't think i could care less what colour boots he his wearing.
FTID

michaelread

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on April 16, 2011, 11:29:46 AM
I would never have worn coloured boots. Players who want to express themslves Michael should do it with their skill not the colour of their boots. Yeah ban them .

same view on tattoos? A non mandatory visual form of expression.

sipwell

I don't mind coloured boots. In fact, players who have white boots on are easier to follow (both their movement and their feet work). It's just a colour!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

finnster01

How are all the coloured people going to make enough to eat if we ban their boots?  :58:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

The Bronsons

Typical football that they won't do anything to help the refs, won't clamp down on dissent, diving and shirt-pulling, and allow people who are corrupt or stupid or both to run the game - but coloured boots? - snoods? - now there's a real issue. 

VB

Soon as I saw it was a dailymail link.....I quickly lost interest. who really cares....
even if a bod came on in a pair of freshly flayed deerskin trotters.
I coundnt give a rats arse what some bloke wants to cover his pinkys in :59:
FULHAMISH: The more things change, The more they stay the same

FC Silver Fox

Banning or even discussing coloured boots is discrimination based on colour and cannot be tolerated in this forum. It is not politicallly correct to distinguish black boots from white boots or any other colour in the same dressing room. Please use the term multi-racial boots from now on.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

RidgeRider

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on April 16, 2011, 01:49:52 PM
Banning or even discussing coloured boots is discrimination based on colour and cannot be tolerated in this forum. It is not politicallly correct to distinguish black boots from white boots or any other colour in the same dressing room. Please use the term multi-racial boots from now on.
:005:  :clap_hands:

finnster01

Which brings up another interesting question: Does a trans-gender footballer wear women or mens boots?  :032:

leonffc

Quote from: finnster01 on April 16, 2011, 02:56:00 PM
Which brings up another interesting question: Does a trans-gender footballer wear women or mens boots?  :032:

I believe Torres wears mens adidas F50 boots but they could be Nike

maksimir

No Torres changed a few months back to Reebok Ionlycameforthemoneyandi'msoonheadingbacktospain FX's

finnster01

Quote from: maksimir on April 16, 2011, 05:37:34 PM
No Torres changed a few months back to Reebok Ionlycameforthemoneyandi'msoonheadingbacktospain FX's

What happened to the Fernando "I want my kids to speak scouse" Torres?

Maybe the kids are struggling picking up a London accent as much as the father is struggling picking up anything even remotely close to English, never mind picking up an odd goal...

Makes Salcido sound like the Rosetta stone

HatterDon

Quote from: The Bronsons on April 16, 2011, 01:28:46 PM
Typical football that they won't do anything to help the refs, won't clamp down on dissent, diving and shirt-pulling, and allow people who are corrupt or stupid or both to run the game - but coloured boots? - snoods? - now there's a real issue. 

:clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands:

Besides, if everyone wore the same boot color, I'd miss Gentleman Jim's sartorial report.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Whiteroom

Absolutely not. I think that it would be fascist to impose taste on the players.

Mr Fulham

I COULDN'T CARE LESS.
Freedom for everyone - stop those silly bans and rules, they're killing football.

The players who want to wear coloured boots should be allowed to do so.