watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A result of MAF ramblings?...

Started by Tktd, May 23, 2011, 11:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whiteroom

I saw that and thought it was a little weird. Are you suggesting that people have been put off by MAF?

Admin

Nothing to do with MAF - just Fulham as a club stepping up their marketing values by reaching out and asking Fulham fans to introduce 'friends' and if they take up a season ticket, then heres £25 worth of vouchers for your efforts. At the end of the day, it's all about bums on seats and if Fulham gain another 150 - 200 season tickets through this then it's a job well done done by the marketing team. It's nice to see Fulham actually branch out for a change rather than just relying on regular season ticket holders season in, season out..

As for MAF driving people away with the Jako comments - nah? The club prob lose more fans on a season to season basis who just don't renew, move, support another club, are a tout or just chose not to go to football any more. The amount of fans who actually gave up their season ticket because of the "go to hell or Chelsea" comment would have been about 50 fans - if that.     

Admin

Forgot to add, SKY T.V also employ the same strategy when selling their products. Introduce a friend and we'll give you £50 of M&S vouchers.. So actually Fulham are being quite tight  :wine:

Tktd

Quote from: Whiteroom on May 24, 2011, 12:12:53 AM
I saw that and thought it was a little weird. Are you suggesting that people have been put off by MAF?

I'd like to think not, but in lieu with some peoples comments on here I wouldn't be suprised - it seems a bit odd to do a deal like this after a successful season when you're just about to sell season tickets to regulars or open it up to the general public...

Although it can be deemed a marketing ploy, and i'm sure a lot of top companies do it, it still doesn't mean it's not a desperate attempt to sell, in fact a good product I would've thought wouldn't have needed to make deals because people would want the product.

You could also argue that there's not much point in doing deals because we normally sell 11-15,000 season tickets a season on average and were sold out most games or close to capacity in the second half of the season - especially when we've just recorded the highest increase in attendance in the premier league this season just gone...

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but normally this would be a last resort I would've thought as it's not a very socially accepted strategy to try and bribe people to use their friends... Just me?

Rupert

I wouldn't be too blasé about everyone renewing just because all is looking fairly rosy in the Fulham garden. We are in difficult financial times and people are getting a little bit choosy about how they spend their money.

My summer hobby involves large numbers of people going to different parts of the country, camping in some very pleasant locations, drinking lots of beer and hitting eachother with swords and musket butts, all good fun, but this year a lot of our members are picking and choosing which events they attend simply because of the cost. We've done three events already this year and my branch, the musket, have turned out in reasonable numbers (we enjoy burning off gunpowder, what can I say?), the pike boys and girls, who tend to be the "beer and bash" element, have been far fewer in number (which, ironically, means we have been deploying in historically correct proportions as we usually have more pikeys than we strictly need).

Fulham may be noticing something similar with season ticket renewals, some sections are probably selling as fast as ever, others may well be down, so encouraging those who are coming back to bring a like minded friend makes sound commercial sense.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

finnster01

Quote from: Rupert on May 24, 2011, 07:13:06 AM

...My summer hobby involves large numbers of people going to different parts of the country, camping in some very pleasant locations, drinking lots of beer and hitting eachother with swords and musket butts,...

Mr Rupert,
Didn't know you followed Millwall over the summer mate

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Rupert

Quote from: finnster01 on May 24, 2011, 07:20:52 AM
Quote from: Rupert on May 24, 2011, 07:13:06 AM

...My summer hobby involves large numbers of people going to different parts of the country, camping in some very pleasant locations, drinking lots of beer and hitting eachother with swords and musket butts,...

Mr Rupert,
Didn't know you followed Millwall over the summer mate

:clap_hands:

Funnily enough, the musket 2nd in command is Millwall, albeit an articulate supporter (they do exist), and two of my file are Gillingham fans, so I always have "volunteers" available for all the mucky jobs. They simply haven't cottoned on to this, yet.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Burt

This is a fairly standard marketing ploy that we are late to cotton on to, rather than a sign of desparation...

NorthernWhite

Fair play to the marketing dept. we need to get more S/T holders and if we reached 18'000+ then I think they'd look at extending the ground if we could fill the Putney End.

The Equalizer

So no rewards for those poor souls who've just renewed? Shame..
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc