watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So who will replace Hughes?

Started by Fulham_Adam, June 01, 2011, 01:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham_Adam

As I said, we should have tied him up months ago. I'm gutted, to make things worse is that he will surely be looking at taking the likes of Hangeland and Bobby with him.

I hope it's O'Neil who replaces him, the only replacement I'd be 100% confident in.
The past is told by those who win.

elgreenio

O'Neill financially screwed Leicester (not mentioning the fact that under him they played a game of hoofing it to Heskey, and/or scoring ridiculous amounts from set pieces) to which they are still recovering now, as well as soaring the salary bill of Aston Villa (granted there was some success but after this season and expected departures can they sustain it?). Not sure that would go down well with MAF
touch my camera through the fence

epsomraver

Strange what  Houllier found at Villa after super O,Neill had left, players only training once or twice a week, Pires coming up from London by cab twice a week for training, players spending a lot of time on mobiles and like in the dressing room, Ireland who had been there weeks not even any where match fit,  he tried to instill some basic discipline and failed, how did O'Neill let that happen in the  first place ?

MrWhite

would someone like chris hughton be too much of a risk?

MJG

Quote from: epsomraver on June 02, 2011, 01:02:33 PM
Strange what  Houllier found at Villa after super O,Neill had left, players only training once or twice a week, Pires coming up from London by cab twice a week for training, players spending a lot of time on mobiles and like in the dressing room, Ireland who had been there weeks not even any where match fit,  he tried to instill some basic discipline and failed, how did O'Neill let that happen in the  first place ?
Houllier signed Pires so that was his fault.

Fulham_Adam

Quote from: MrWhite on June 02, 2011, 01:04:33 PM
would someone like chris hughton be too much of a risk?

I believe Newcatle would have gone down if they kept Hughton.
The past is told by those who win.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Hughes will go,either today or at the end of his next contract,as will whoever we bring in,not sure what the big deal is,Sparky isn't loved here,not really :001:

1) Ancellotti
2) O'Neil
3) Sven-bit of a risk
4) left field choice-Dave Jones ex Cardiff

in that order please,and I want someone in by Wednesday next week :clap_hands:

DukeTyrion

If Hughes does leave, then unless we can get Martin O'Neill I would like to see someone like Lee Clark at the helm.

elgreenio

MON should be nowhere near this club. He's perfectly summed up by this Leicester City fan :

His methods were just Clough's methods, as he obviously played under him. When you hear players interviewed who played under him etc. it's all exactly the same things that Clough did, to a t. He manages as if it's still 1982.

He's a fantastic man manager, but his tactical knowledge is very poor. Matt Elliott once said his tactical advice before the game was always something along the lines of "stop the big man and you'll stop them scoring."

touch my camera through the fence

HatterDon

Senderos, I guess, although Baird could certainly pull a shift there. Maybe Halliche if he's fit.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: HatterDon on June 02, 2011, 04:15:10 PM
Senderos, I guess, although Baird could certainly pull a shift there. Maybe Halliche if he's fit.
:005: Should always read previous posts :011:
Quote from: FC Silver Fox on June 01, 2011, 01:38:02 PM

I think Senderos could probably do the job, with Baird and Briggs as backup.
However, I would rather Aaron stays for another couple of seasons.   080.gif

Burt

Hughes will stay.

Keep the faith.

HatterDon

Quote from: FFCcravencottage on June 02, 2011, 04:19:41 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on June 02, 2011, 04:15:10 PM
:005: Should always read previous posts :011:
Quote from: FC Silver Fox on June 01, 2011, 01:38:02 PM

I think Senderos could probably do the job, with Baird and Briggs as backup.
However, I would rather Aaron stays for another couple of seasons.   080.gif

I shoulda known the Froggie would have gotten there first.  085.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

well it's real now,Sparky has buggered off and left us in the lurch 099.gif 096.gig,the only good thing is their is no chance of us getting Big Sam 096.gig

Willard

The default choice appears to be O'Neil but he doesn't fill me with enthusiasm. Ancelotti anyone?

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: Willard on June 02, 2011, 06:16:09 PM
The default choice appears to be O'Neil but he doesn't fill me with enthusiasm. Ancelotti anyone?

I think we would all welcome Ancelotti with open arms,thing is will he come?

SoCalJoe

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on June 02, 2011, 06:18:26 PM

Would take him in a second, but his last 3 managerial jobs were Juve, Milan, and the Scum. Highly doubt he would take a huge pay cut and limited funds (comparably speaking) to those clubs, unless he is dead set on staying in England.
You can observe a lot by just watching.

os5889

The big bear or Benitez for me

Tom

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on June 02, 2011, 06:18:26 PM

He wouldn't have to move and wants to stay in the Prem.
Fulham for life!

simplyfulham

Omar Hitzfield please.. Failing that I have alway been a fan Of Nigel Pearson and Sean O'Driscoll

Although there would be Laredo question marks over their ability to manage a premier league squad.

Walter Smith or John Collins anyone?