more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fans DO NOT matter

Started by epsomraver, June 17, 2011, 10:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Quote from: Pata on June 17, 2011, 01:37:50 PM
Are Liverpool fans going mental over the "blue" kit?
I am yet to speak to anyone who actually gives a toss.

Perhaps if you went on your own web site instead of ours you would be aware of the feelings
Liverpool supporters have reacted angrily to the colour of the club's new third kit. The new white with blue trim strip has seen fans vent their anger on the official Liverpool website, with many saying they would not buy the shirt because it included the colour of their fierce local rivals Everton.
Full story: Daily Mirror

sipwell

Quote from: epsomraver on June 17, 2011, 02:25:09 PM
Quote from: Pata on June 17, 2011, 01:37:50 PM
Are Liverpool fans going mental over the "blue" kit?
I am yet to speak to anyone who actually gives a toss.

Perhaps if you went on your own web site instead of ours you would be aware of the feelings
Liverpool supporters have reacted angrily to the colour of the club's new third kit. The new white with blue trim strip has seen fans vent their anger on the official Liverpool website, with many saying they would not buy the shirt because it included the colour of their fierce local rivals Everton.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Daily Mirror, the source of all wisdom  :011:

Aren't you, by the way, a tat bit ad hominem?
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

HatterDon

Let's see. Villa draws around 40+ in fans each week, and I have no idea how many season ticket holders they have. There were, what, around 300 people protesting outside Villa Park?

Here's a couple of questions:

1. Where does one go to join in with a group of people that think, "Okay by me; at least we have SOMEONE in charge?"

2. How many of those 300 I mentioned were there for an opportunity to text their friends and say "Oy I'm gonna be on the telly?"

Just because there are people who make noise in front of cameras and post angry bits on websites doesn't mean that they ARE or even that they represent the large body of fans. Saying that when the club hired a manager despite angry reactions from some fans means that the fans don't matter seems a little precious to me -- and calls for a series of unsupportable extrapolations.

DISCLAIMER: Please note that the above opinion, which is of no intrinsic value, is not meant to cause any other poster in this thread to feel insulted or demeaned in any way.

I'm moving along quietly, since there's nothing to see here.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

sipwell

Quote from: HatterDon on June 17, 2011, 02:29:57 PM
Let's see. Villa draws around 40+ in fans each week, and I have no idea how many season ticket holders they have. There were, what, around 300 people protesting outside Villa Park?

Here's a couple of questions:

1. Where does one go to join in with a group of people that think, "Okay by me; at least we have SOMEONE in charge?"

2. How many of those 300 I mentioned were there for an opportunity to text their friends and say "Oy I'm gonna be on the telly?"

Just because there are people who make noise in front of cameras and post angry bits on websites doesn't mean that they ARE or even that they represent the large body of fans. Saying that when the club hired a manager despite angry reactions from some fans means that the fans don't matter seems a little precious to me -- and calls for a series of unsupportable extrapolations.

DISCLAIMER: Please note that the above opinion, which is of no intrinsic value, is not meant to cause any other poster in this thread to feel insulted or demeaned in any way.

I'm moving along quietly, since there's nothing to see here.

Additionally: those who shout the loudest are picked up by the media. Those who don't object or will wait what happens - the sane voices - will obviously not be heard as that is boring copy. If there aren't sparkles, it is not newsworthy. Who would read an article that goes: "VILLA FANS ARE NEUTRAL REGARDING MCLEISH'S APPOINTMENT"
and with a box in the text saying "It is too soon to say anything bad about it"

epsomraver

Perhaps it's because they care and are prepared to do something about it instead of sitting at home moaning or going on message boards, probably 500 Fulham fans took part in the back to the cottage walk from Stamford bridge and got all the abuse from some but not all Scum fans, attention seekers? glory seekers ? not representative of our "thousands of loyal fans"? I rest my case.

sipwell

QUOTE 1) Perhaps it's because they care and are prepared to do something about it instead of sitting at home moaning or going on message boards

Quote 2) Perhaps if you went on your own web site instead of ours you would be aware of the feelings

Pointing out the apparent contradiction in your statement, epsomraver ;-)

Two wrongs don't make a right.

epsomraver

The point was that an inference was made that only glory seeking fans protested outside Villa and the "sensible ones" stay away, my point is that is not the case and the march was case in hand, same as planned  pitch invasions in the past at the cottage  which I know some " sensible" ones  on here took part in as well as the march, the fact Liverpool fans have not taken to the streets over the shirt issue is irrelevant, they show their feelings in not buying the shirt

AlFayedsChequebook

The thing with 'fan protests' is that usually they are completely pointless - march from pub you were going to anyway to match that you were going to anyway. People then threaten not to renew their season tickets/buy the shirt etc and yet the clubs keep going fine as people still do.

Note: Obviously the back to the cottage marches were not of this kind.

LBNo11

...the comments aimed at Pata are very unsavoury and I feel not at all warranted, much of his responses are in defence of personal abuse. I may be wrong, but I get the impression he is a Liverpool fan who works in London and pops in now and again - or is even a season ticket holder at Fulham. Maybe he likes the much publicised "friendly" Fulham fans and the Craven Cottage experience, and when Liverpool play he naturally reverts to supporting his team.

If this is the case, and he comes to see premiership football at Craven Cottage, and pays his money and helps, by definition, to support the club, then he is, again by definition a friend of Fulham and should have the right to be a member of this board.

I do not wish to upset further those who I know and know me, but they must know I am, despite what some may think, a fair and even minded person, and so find the abuse he gets cringworthy; I may be in the minority but as Fulham fan I am used to that.

Finally, if you are not already aware there is a facility on this messageboard where you can change your personal settings to ignore certain members:-

1) Click PROFILE tab
2) On the left hand side of the screen there is a heading MODIFY PROFILE
3) Click on PERSONAL MESSAGE OPTIONS
4) Add the members name you wish to ignore and you won't have to see any of their contributions, or have reason to be upset by them ever again.

Some of you may be aware of this and so cannot read my reply...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

OldBrownShoe

Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

finnster01

Quote from: LBNo11 on June 17, 2011, 03:46:05 PM
...the comments aimed at Pata are very unsavoury and I feel not at all warranted, much of his responses are in defence of personal abuse. I may be wrong, but I get the impression he is a Liverpool fan who works in London and pops in now and again - or is even a season ticket holder at Fulham. Maybe he likes the much publicised "friendly" Fulham fans and the Craven Cottage experience, and when Liverpool play he naturally reverts to supporting his team.

If this is the case, and he comes to see premiership football at Craven Cottage, and pays his money and helps, by definition, to support the club, then he is, again by definition a friend of Fulham and should have the right to be a member of this board.

I do not wish to upset further those who I know and know me, but they must know I am, despite what some may think, a fair and even minded person, and so find the abuse he gets cringworthy; I may be in the minority but as Fulham fan I am used to that.

Finally, if you are not already aware there is a facility on this messageboard where you can change your personal settings to ignore certain members:-

1) Click PROFILE tab
4) Add the members name you wish to ignore and you won't have to see any of their contributions, or have reason to be upset by them ever again.

Horses for courses and Aintree is not one of mine.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

jarv

Supporters just don't like changes in management. Fulham have been very succesful in recent years with managerial appointments. However, there were doubts about Coleman, Hodgson and Hughes by many supporters.
RH left Fulham in good shape but bad timing. I thought MH was a good appointment but it took him til January to sort out the mess.
You can understand Villa supporters concerns, but llook who was available.....most probably wish to tick the box...none of the above.
Houllier was, in my opinion, a big step backwards. McLiesh surely is a step forward.

Time will tell and Villa, like Fulham will survuive because thewy have a good bunch of players, irrespective of manager. (As long as it is not Sanchez of course). 090.gif

epsomraver

Quote from: finnster01 on June 17, 2011, 04:00:44 PM

1) Click PROFILE tab

Horses for courses and Aintree is not one of mine.

I understand what you are saying LB and I believe my response to his post was appropriate, he states that nobody HE has spoken to gave a toss yet it is featured on 5 live and the BBC web site quoting the club's web site as source,  so referring him to his own web site seemed the correct thing to do, there was no malice intended although I feel he is a know it all on all things scouse but  that is my own personal opinion.

GoldCoastWhite

Amen to that ! I find you a bit "abrasive" now and then Epsom and Finny is a fight waiting to happen but you are both obviously Fulham to the core and I'd love to have a pint or 3 with either of you. Having said that, the Edmeister is a diamond and does a tremendous (voluntary) job on here.

epsomraver

Quote from: GoldCoastWhite on June 17, 2011, 04:24:34 PM
Amen to that ! I find you a bit "abrasive" now and then Epsom and Finny is a fight waiting to happen but you are both obviously Fulham to the core and I'd love to have a pint or 3 with either of you. Having said that, the Edmeister is a diamond and does a tremendous (voluntary) job on here.

An Abrasive Pom! perish the thought mate.

GoldCoastWhite

Hoping to make at least two games at The Cottage in September ER, look forward to making your acquaintance mate !

HatterDon

1) Click PROFILE tab

Thanks, Ed [if you haven't already hit the "ignore" button for me]. I always feel a bit uncomfortable slagging off supporters of other clubs who come on here for some honest conversation as opposed to just trying to  086.gif and cause trouble. I'm always afraid that we've run off Mr. Licker Bill, a fundamentally decent Toffee of these parts, whose only crime is that he consistently beats the crap out of me in Mr. Logicalman's season-long contest.

I hope this site continues to be the ONE Fulham site where everyone of good will and good humor is accepted.  084.gif but feel free to thank them.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

epsomraver

Quote from: GoldCoastWhite on June 17, 2011, 04:31:07 PM
Hoping to make at least two games at The Cottage in September ER, look forward to making your acquaintance mate !

Look forward to it mate

GoldCoastWhite

And there's the rub Donaldinho. Licker was always welcome here, as far as I could tell, and welcome at a pre-game boozer in the real world too. I love to have a chat with opposition supporters before or after a game in the real world but I do have to question our red "friend" Pata's motivation for posting on here sometimes... If it winds up genuine Fulham supporters then why persist ?
Feel free to discuss Pata when I'm over there in September - anywhere but the Golden Shower...

finnster01

Licker was never chased away from here. He is always welcome because he never boasted about the annual Fulham whopping at Goodison Park because he knew we would get him back at the Cottage. Good solid fan of his club that is always respectful  :Haynes The Maestro:

I wish certain other fans from that particular town would make a note and not run to the teacher each time they are told where to go by the class. This is a Fulham site, for friends of Fulham and if I have upset any fans from other clubs in the country, I am proud. As Mr LBNo11 spells out, there is a very easy way to block out my 5700+ ramblings if you so prefer if you feel I do not address every other team in the Prem sufficiently.

I was born Fulham, will die Fulham and nothing will ever change that
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead