watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fans DO NOT matter

Started by epsomraver, June 17, 2011, 10:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Mcleish appointed at Villa despite large fan protests, Liverpool include BLUE in their third kit which has the fans up in arms!

The Doctor

I can't help thinking the Villa fans are being a bunch of planks.  Let's face it, the main reason they've got the hump with McLeish is that he's ex-Birmingham.  That he oversaw a relegation or they think the club can do better seem to be secondary concerns.  Proper knee-jerkism.  Of course, the club has set a dangerous precedent by allowing it to become public knowledge that they called off ther pursuit of McClaren because of fans getting uppity online.  Before too long, they'll probably want a say in everything from the formation for any given game to the price of a Twix at the tuck shop.

The upshot is that the whole thing has been terribly managed by Villa.  Now they've managed to alienate their own fans, who simply won't allow McLeish any time to settle in the job.  I reckon this will end up like Hodgson at Liverpool last season.

Thank Christ we've got a level-headed board who just get the job done without any histronics

AlFayedsChequebook

If McLeish does well then all will be forgotten - football fans are all hypocrits.

The Villa fans only have themselves to blame - they moaned about McClaren for no good reason and demanded (hilariously) Ancelotti.

As for the Lpool thing - They have a speck of blue on their kit. can we move on? It is not like they have to play in the everton kit...

epsomraver

I know several Fulham fans who will not wear or have anything blue, even a car if it was the best deal in town then our marketing man who has just gone to Liverpool gets us a blue third shirt, we played in blue at the Europa Final!!! I am sure anything blue in the Fulham shop will stay there, as should the Liverpool shirt with blue on it, only thing marketing can be hit with is poor sales.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: epsomraver on June 17, 2011, 11:14:04 AM
I know several Fulham fans who will not wear or have anything blue, even a car if it was the best deal in town then our marketing man who has just gone to Liverpool gets us a blue third shirt, we played in blue at the Europa Final!!! I am sure anything blue in the Fulham shop will stay there, as should the Liverpool shirt with blue on it, only thing marketing can be hit with is poor sales.

But what is confusing is that Liverpools real rivals wear the same colours as them.

CorkedHat

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on June 17, 2011, 11:17:43 AM

But what is confusing is that Liverpools real rivals wear the same colours as them.

Sorry - tha''s not true. Tranmere wear predominately white with blue edging 075.gif 098.gif
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

epsomraver

There is a red half of Liverpool and a blue half, the rivalry between the two is more intense than with Manure on a local footing.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: epsomraver on June 17, 2011, 11:43:57 AM

There is a red half of Liverpool and a blue half, the rivalry between the two is more intense than with Manure on a local footing.

I'm not sure, If you asked any Liverpool fan who they would rather do the double over, I am sure 99% would go with Man Utd.

My point is, however, that it seems pointless to hate a colour purely because an opposing team wears it - especially in this day and age where rivalries are ever changing as clubs go up and down the divisions.

Brentford annd QPR both share colours with Fulham - white, red and black, but it never seems to matter.

epsomraver

Because the blue of Chelsea is what we don't want, try a poll and see how many fans on here would wear blue out of choice especially on a football related item.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: epsomraver on June 17, 2011, 11:52:24 AM
Because the blue of Chelsea is what we don't want, try a poll and see how many fans on here would wear blue out of choice especially on a football related item.

I wear Blue all the time, not Royal Blue as worn by Chelsea, but blue none-the-less.

I think most people have an issue with blue being on our kits because it was never really a colour associated with Fulham. The Chelsea link does not help though.

sipwell

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on June 17, 2011, 12:14:31 PM

I wear Blue all the time, not Royal Blue as worn by Chelsea, but blue none-the-less.

I think most people have an issue with blue being on our kits because it was never really a colour associated with Fulham. The Chelsea link does not help though.

You wear blue? Fashion police, ARREST that man!!  :hook:
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Scrumpy

One of my favourite tops is a blue FFC training kit. I wear it all the time, but do get some funny looks. Sometimes I think people would just like me to  090.gif
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

BalDrick

The main point - about Mcleish - is amazing. How can a club claim in the first instance that they didn't pursue one manager (to my mind one far better than the guy they ended up with) then a week or so later appoint (obviously having tapped up while still in employment) one from their neighbours/rivals? And this is proper rivals, not the (slightly embarrassing sometimes) perceived rivalrly between us and the scum. Lerner's gone from someone about whom I had no opinion either way to a rare breed in football - somone with standards - with the Hughes thing to a slightly deranged guy - messageboard not wanting Mclaren - to, well I don't know what. Idiot probably comes closest.

In an attempt, probably in vain, to stop replies about my rivalries comment, a brief explanation: what has always annoyed me about Fulham is we have no real rivals (until this season possibly) who genuinely dislike us and really want 6 points off us. Sure we all want 6 points off the scum but bearing in mind we've beaten them ONCE in 20 league meetings since we've been up, ain't gonna happen is it? Sorry, I'm divagating, back to the point. Thei fans couldn't care less about us, one way or the other. Sure on matchdays they want to win but does anyone really think they have any songs about us that they sing when they're playing someone else?
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

BalDrick

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 17, 2011, 01:08:18 PM
One of my favourite tops is a blue FFC training kit. I wear it all the time, but do get some funny looks. Sometimes I think people would just like me to  090.gif

I've got a hoodie with the proper crest on that's dark blue, not quite royal blue but blue nonetheless. There weren't any other colours available at the time of purchase. (Citeh have, or have had anyway, an away strip that was partly red.)

Scrumpy

Quote from: BalDrick on June 17, 2011, 01:11:51 PM
In an attempt, probably in vain, to stop replies about my rivalries comment, a brief explanation: what has always annoyed me about Fulham is we have no real rivals (until this season possibly) who genuinely dislike us and really want 6 points off us. Sure we all want 6 points off the scum but bearing in mind we've beaten them ONCE in 20 league meetings since we've been up, ain't gonna happen is it? Sorry, I'm divagating, back to the point. Thei fans couldn't care less about us, one way or the other. Sure on matchdays they want to win but does anyone really think they have any songs about us that they sing when they're playing someone else?

I think Brentford genuinely hate us. They have the songs to go with it too. I think the QPR rivalry could simmer along nicely if they stay up for a few seasons. Like us, they see Chelsea as their main rivals, but have a healthy dislike for us 'posh' Fulham fans. They will be desperate for at least 4 points from us this coming season. I'm looking forward to these matches immensely. 076.gif
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

King_Crud

i remember spurs fans having the shits when Thompson was their sponsor in red

Pata

Are Liverpool fans going mental over the "blue" kit?
I am yet to speak to anyone who actually gives a toss.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

epsomraver

Quote from: Pata on June 17, 2011, 01:37:50 PM
Are Liverpool fans going mental over the "blue" kit?
I am yet to speak to anyone who actually gives a toss.

Try listening to 5 live this morning, there have been many protests

BalDrick

'I'm looking forward to these matches immensely.'

As am I - CC leg 2 days after my birthday.

'Dear Martin, I haven't been a very good boy this year at all. Still, 3 points and a hefty plus in the GD column would do very nicely thanks. Don't bother with a card, just a few Guinesses will be fine'

Burt

Actually I do sympathise with the Villa fan's plight. McLeish's premier league track record is hardly inspiring, unless you are motivated by relegation. I would have been disappointed if we had appointed him instead of Jol. I wouldn't have protested on the streets, but I would have been underwhelmed.