watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fans DO NOT matter

Started by epsomraver, June 17, 2011, 10:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...one quick point Finn, Pata has never contacted me to complain about posts.

Finn, as a moderator I have to look at everyone's posts, but even if I had the choice to use the ignore facility, I would never do that to your posts as 99% of the time I enjoy your ramblings...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

finnster01

Quote from: LBNo11 on June 17, 2011, 05:24:50 PM
...one quick point Finn, Pata has never contacted me to complain about posts.

Finn, as a moderator I have to look at everyone's posts, but even if I had the choice to use the ignore facility, I would never do that to your posts as 99% of the time I enjoy your ramblings...

Never questioned your ability as a mod Ed. You are top shelf  :clap_hands: and keeps people like me in check. Thank You. But you also know what my hot buttons are so please forgive me  :047:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

finnster01

Forget about previous ramblings and get back to the title of the thread

I think it is fair to say fans absolutely do not matter anymore. It isn't about bums in seats anymore. Loyalty through players? Loyalty through family connections? 

Nobody cares as long as Sky writes the check. Clubs threat you as crap these days including Fulham

HatterDon

I've pointed this out before, but a lot of the emotion behind the "fans do not matter anymore thanks to Sky/whatever" harkens back to days which really never existed. I don't think there was really any time when the board ever consulted the supporters when making a hiring/firing signing/releasing transfering in/transfering out decision. I'm not saying that UEFA/SKY considerations don't have an impact -- they certainly do -- but it's more like UEFA and SKY have joined everyone's board, rather than replaced fan's input with their own.

In the states, the NFL's Green Bay Packers are basically owned by the fans -- much of the community are individual share holders -- and even there, the CEO/directors make personnel decisions without consulting the fans. And it's a good thing, too. In the time I've followed Fulham, there hasn't been a hiring or firing, a transfer, a signing, or a release that everyone agreed was a good thing -- well, except for sacking Sanchez. How in the world can an organization do business if they're bound to follow the wishes/concerns of their supporters when their supporters seldom agree on anything?

End of soap box.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

sipwell

Quote from: HatterDon on June 17, 2011, 07:16:58 PM
I've pointed this out before, but a lot of the emotion behind the "fans do not matter anymore thanks to Sky/whatever" harkens back to days which really never existed. I don't think there was really any time when the board ever consulted the supporters when making a hiring/firing signing/releasing transfering in/transfering out decision. I'm not saying that UEFA/SKY considerations don't have an impact -- they certainly do -- but it's more like UEFA and SKY have joined everyone's board, rather than replaced fan's input with their own.

In the states, the NFL's Green Bay Packers are basically owned by the fans -- much of the community are individual share holders -- and even there, the CEO/directors make personnel decisions without consulting the fans. And it's a good thing, too. In the time I've followed Fulham, there hasn't been a hiring or firing, a transfer, a signing, or a release that everyone agreed was a good thing -- well, except for sacking Sanchez. How in the world can an organization do business if they're bound to follow the wishes/concerns of their supporters when their supporters seldom agree on anything?

End of soap box.

The voice of reason is amongst us. :)

I will spare you the political science discourse on this matter ;-)
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

FatFreddysCat

Personally i cant stand Pata,but then i'm on a Fulham message board and he also has the option to ignore me. Plus he wont see me on a scouse board. And as stated Licker is always respected on here (well perhaps not by a certain Gibraltarian  :dft012:).

BestOfBrede

Quote from: finnster01 on June 17, 2011, 05:44:36 PM
Forget about previous ramblings and get back to the title of the thread

I think it is fair to say fans absolutely do not matter anymore. It isn't about bums in seats anymore. Loyalty through players? Loyalty through family connections?  

Nobody cares as long as Sky writes the check. Clubs threat you as crap these days including Fulham[/size]
Sorry mate, but I really can't understand the Fulham fan that thinks we are hard done by as supporters?
I think without Mo we would have gone bust and be no more - or worse (in my opinion) merged!
It's rediculous where are are at present and deep down we all know it! I try and take every moment as the last - can this 'dream' really go on??
We've still got the cheapest seats in the prem (london) and yet we still moan about stuff that is crazy (IMO)  - Statue, new sponsor and their shirt design or size for example!!!??!!!
If Mo wants to reclaim some of his investment then who could blame him? - wouldn't we all in his position? :doh:

Pata

Errrm... had a look at who cared so much about the colour of Liverpool's 3rd kit. Let's see... Posters @ lfc.tv (the forum there makes one lose the will to live), those who follow mirror football on twitter, the sad tvvats who would phone the radio 5 (probably the same ones who'd phone up to moan about anything during the season), etc. That sort of crowd.

Frankly, none of the lads I go to the match with could care less. The design is a bit rubbish tbf.

PS Thanks for the comment, mod. Tbh I don't get particularly offended. If anything I feel a bit sorry for some of the individuals concerned.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

finnster01

Quote from: Pata on June 17, 2011, 09:49:24 PM
If anything I feel a bit sorry for some of the individuals concerned.

Thank you. I appreciate that. Now can you return my hubcaps?

finnster01

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on June 17, 2011, 09:16:40 PM
Personally i cant stand Pata,but then i'm on a Fulham message board and he also has the option to ignore me. Plus he wont see me on a scouse board. And as stated Licker is always respected on here (well perhaps not by a certain Gibraltarian  :dft012:).

+100%