Main Menu

The (hidden) rules of FoF

Started by sipwell, June 21, 2011, 10:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

Brilliant stuff Mr. Sippwell! Excellent post.  :011:

CorkCity

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on June 21, 2011, 10:53:31 AM
isn't this turning into a private clique?

What do you mean "turning into a private clique" It's always been like that !
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Ron Sheepskin

Fantastic stuff Mr Sipwell. And I mean fantastic in it's 'proper' dictionary sense ie, from the realms of fantasy. Belgians are always right, indeed!! If it were the case, then all of those Poirot books would have been shorter  :dft012:

Seriously, quality post.  :clap_hands: :clap_hands:
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

Burt

I am a private clique of one and have some fantastic discussions with myself, and the social side is great too - you should have seen me at the last Xmas party I threw for myself.

Nice post Mr Sipwell sir, you are in danger of becoming the most famous Belgian ever, after...erm...hmmm...wotshisname  :dft011:

FC Silver Fox

Absolutely brilliant, Sipwell. Love it.    082.gif

Yours sincerely

Outraged of Bruxelles Plage.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Vinnieffc

Surely a forum overview without mention of the Blingo/Lighthouse axis of good and evil must be incomplete in its mission to educate  :49:

sipwell

No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

hesedmedia

Quote from: sipwell on June 21, 2011, 10:35:42 AM

- Never forget that American posters might have guns at home, since they are legally allowed to bear arms. It is perhaps not the best way to settle an argument but it is in any case a way to settle one. Fortunately none of the American posters are vile by nature nor are they easily inclined to reach for their gun. The best way however to avoid a stand-off is to simply let them be and treat them like you would treat your fellow countryman: a slight dose of sarcasm and/or irony in your communication, a friendly yet unemotionally executed tap on the shoulder from time to time and a continuous readiness to drink too high doses of alcohol in what is known as a pub and which commonly has to word "arms" in its name.
Americans should hence be treated with respect rather than disdain (The English lost the war of independence, get over it). The only rightful claim you can make is that they drop the use of the word "soccer". It doesn't mean anything and it doesn't sound right: if you pronounce 'soccer', the immediate image most people have is that of a drag race of high-heeled and long stockings wearing 40+ men.

Guilty. It's just that everyone thinks you're a major-type a**hole over here if you call it 'football'. I even tried 'association football' for a while, before giving up on it.  :56:

ron

Being the proud owner of a shiny new home defibrillator, I feel very confident in evoking the Haynes name several times a day  :dft008:

TheDaddy

Quote from: ron on June 21, 2011, 02:29:33 PM
Being the proud owner of a shiny new home defibrillator, I feel very confident in evoking the Haynes name several times a day  :dft008:
Glad to hear you better Ron please remember this time to leave the defib in doors the next time you sneak out for a smoke !!!!!

Great read sips
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

BB

Quote from: ron on June 21, 2011, 02:29:33 PM

Well done Ron!! Can I borrow your defib machine?? I am in A. Fib, at not getting a Sipwell "mench"  086.gif

Blingo

Dr Sippy (FOF's version of the "muscles from Brussels" ), you should consider a career change. You should either become a moderator on FOF, or become the Belgian Prime Minister. Amusing post lol.

HatterDon

Nice one, Sipwell. I rather like the concept of Belgians running the world. It's akin to the Hell's Angels being led by Julian Clary.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

The Equalizer

Quote from: HatterDon on June 21, 2011, 03:50:17 PM
Nice one, Sipwell. I rather like the concept of Belgians running the world. It's akin to the Hell's Angels being led by Julian Clary.

Quite brilliant Sir! So easy to picture.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Airfix

Quote from: The Equalizer on June 21, 2011, 03:56:44 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on June 21, 2011, 03:50:17 PM

Quite brilliant Sir! So easy to picture.

And closer to the truth than is comfortable!

Peabody

I am now back in Blighty and looking forward to seeing Eddie Lowe and Arthur Stevens play on the 30th, along with that young Mr Haynes, oops there I said it and I did'nt need a what did you call it? a defab, I never lived in one of them. Nice one Mr S

FatFreddysCat

I've just finished my bowl of lentils (ooops sausages) and never seen such drivel on here  :015: