watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

JA Riise

Started by FC Silver Fox, August 04, 2011, 09:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FC Silver Fox

I really wanted to hate JA Riise after he tossed us over for the scousers a couple of years ago.
But I have to admit he really is a class act and can still do the biz at this level. He is going to be a real asset this season.
Mind you, he still has to teach the other Fulham players that he REALLY can throw the ball a long way so get ready to make the most of it. Jol needs to do a training session on that.

Can someone please cut me a large slice of humble pie.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Tom

I just cut you a piece Silver fox. I guess that's what happens when you move to france, your head gets diluted. Riise is a good player and will be an asset for us for years to come.
Fulham for life!

FC Silver Fox

You're right, Tom. This evening it has been diluted with some rather nice Viognier white wine as I've watched the game sitting on the patio under the stars.. still envying the lucky beggars at the Cottage though.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Tom

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on August 04, 2011, 09:52:52 PM
You're right, Tom. This evening it has been diluted with some rather nice Viognier white wine as I've watched the game sitting on the patio under the stars.. still envying the lucky beggars in the ground.
I wish I was at the ground as well!  078.gif To everyone there!!!  065.gif
Fulham for life!

CravenCottager

Really classy player. The team need to learn to use him as an attacking outlet. He really bombs forward and there were a number of times tonight when there was a ball begging to be played to him but it never came. Cracking cross too.
"The first 90 minutes are the most important".

NogoodBoyo

He was marvelous tonight.  Near the end of the game, he skinned one of their players on the wingwith one touch when they were both racing back towards the Fulham half.  He switched directions in the blink of a Mini Cooper "S", haired down the wing and whipped in a lovely cross.  I haven't seen anything like that at the Cottage since George Best made Ray Lewington fall on his arse.
The back four looked very good with Hughes maybe a tad uncomfortable ubnder the search-light, but no grumbles about him though.  He's a credit to the club.
Nogood "marvelling comics, isit" Boyo

The Bronsons

Nobody played badly, but Riise was the best player on the pitch for me. That move you mention, Nogood, was just beautiful.

NogoodBoyo

Close Charlie, but I would have to say AJ was my MOMmy.  He was involved in everything at the top end of the pitch.
Nogood "hoping he'll stay, isit" Boyo

Mr Fulham

He just oozes class. Enough said. :dft003:

Maidstone Lee

He's a very talented player thats played at the top level. Still has many years in him and hope to see similar form that made him a vital part of the Liverpool team that made it to the Champions League final.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

finnster01

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on August 05, 2011, 12:22:06 AM
He's a very talented player thats played at the top level. Still has many years in him and hope to see similar form that made him a vital part of the Liverpool team that made it to the Champions League final.

And won it (the CL). Hard to top that.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

nevzter

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on August 04, 2011, 09:52:52 PM
This evening it has been diluted with some rather nice Viognier white wine

A great choice, especially on a hot, summer's day.  As always, classy Mr. Fox.   :wine:

...oh yeah, Riise is class.
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

clintclintdeuce

Looking forwad to a prosperous season with him down the flank bombing around. He's going to bag a few goals as well IMO, and theyre going to be real crackers.
The Dude abides.

Burt

Agree Mr FC sir. JAR was a great purchase and is a class act.

theo

I'm really worried that I'm gonna start liking JA Riise, if he keeps playing like he did last night I'm afraid it's inevitable.

MJG

Fulham fans can be a funny old lot and I really thought he would get abuse from some sections after what he did. But in the end he has fitted in really well and the fact is he is a class player, no doubt about it.

Mitch

Let's face it, if we weren't Fulham fans we would have done the exact same thing and having had the career he has now had, i think it is safe to say his decision was completely vindicated.

Quills

He is looking really good and while I wouldn't suggest we change our entire style of play to fit around him I think there have been one or two indications we aren't quite making the most of him yet...  in fact that could mean that there's even better to come!

goffc

Quote from: theo on August 05, 2011, 09:20:39 AM
I'm really worried that I'm gonna start liking JA Riise, if he keeps playing like he did last night I'm afraid it's inevitable.

anyone care to venture a guess as to how many goals demps and zamora will head in off of ja's crosses?  he can clearly defend, but i think those two will be the biggest beneficiaries of his signing.

Mitch

I'd go for 8 or so assists. That'd be an amazing season, similar to Baines last year. He's got one for AJ against Crusaders, if that counts.