watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Video Games; Fifa, Football Manager 2012 etc

Started by MrFantastic, August 19, 2011, 04:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitch

...and we finished bottom for the day yesterday, despite my 2500! Come on Fulham!!

michaelread

Quote from: Mitch on October 01, 2011, 09:07:11 AM
Quote from: michaelread on October 01, 2011, 07:32:26 AM
im stoked with fulham. I play a 3 - 4 - 1 - 2

-----------------------schwarz----------------------------
hughes---------------hangers-----------------------senderos/etuhu (depending on who im playing)
Duff-------murph---------------dembele------------Riise
-------------------------Ruiz--------------------------------
-----------Dempsey---------------Zamora---------------

works quite well for me, if im playing a team with slow wingers, i swap riise and duff so i can bring riise in on his left foot (his right is rubbish)

Ruiz is phenomenal on the ball, and if you're competent with the skill stick, dempsey is amazing with the chop move (Can also do with a fake shot)

really happy, been smashing all my mates who play as united/barcelona etc. its perfect.

I hope Briggs and Frei get updated in the next update though.
Did I play you yesterday on xbox live? Fulham vs Fulham?
Someone was amazing at the chop, but I did win 2-0 ;)

Haha no, I havent played online yet, havent set it up in the new place. Cant wait though.

And yes King, that is with three CBs, but the reason i put Etuhu back there sometimes is if they have a quick forward, Hangeland is pretty fast, but if he gets beaten, Aaron and Senderos dont get back too well... I would like Jol to try it too, to be honest. Would be nice to see.

Mitch

It was weird, when Fulham played vs Fulham all the special one and blonde players changed to have jet black hair! Not sure what that was all about.
I think Dembele, Dempsey and Ruiz all have 4* skills, so that should be fun for any skillers out there.

simplyfulham

Like other's have said, I'm disappointed at some of the defenders ratings. Baird, Hughes and Senderos all should be a little higher.

But the worst one is Simon Davies who's only 74?!? That's criminal considering how important he was to our fight back last season and how good he's been consistently for the last 3/4 years

Would also of been nice to see Briggs, Frei and Gecov higher too.

What's up with the youth players? Frei, Burn, Marsh-Brown and Dalla Valle are all pretty low and then out of nowhere Richard Barroilhet - who has been nowhere near the first team and is currently playing in Finland - is rated seriously high? Have they got it mixed up or something??

A bit messed up IMO, but the game is quality.

One year EA will give us our alternative kit... One day!

Is anyone playing on PS3? Anyone want a game or has anyone got thoughts on making a club? Let me know!

Mitch

The third kit not being released is the clubs fault. If the club don't confirm a design to the public for the start of the season, then EA won't know what it looks like and that sort of content has to go on the disc.

Frei has very high potential, as does Briggs and Kasami. No idea about Bar-whatshisname.

Davies is probably about right at 74. JAR is 77 and has done more than Davies ever has. Diego Milito is 81 as a comparable, so whilst they seem low, when you put it into context of how good players at say 80-82 then it makes more sense.

Agree that Gecov and Briggs could be higher, but when the game stats are prepared Briggs had played approx four games for Fulham (Arsenal twice, Chelsea and one other) and looked like he could go either way. Gecov was fairly unknown. Stat improvements need to be backed up with hard facts, stats or supporting video. For those sorts of players it's hard to get an accurate level. Also, it's worth noting that overall isnt the most important stat ie a striker could have 70 overall, but 90 pace and 85 finishing, so he'd still be a great player.

I've sent a request for Briggs to be updated for the next patch, focussing on Passing, Touch, attacking runs and crossing inparticular. He's still pretty weak in the tackle and loses focus occasionally. I'm only a reviewer, so I can only make suggestions, whereas the editors have the actual control.

If you've got your xbox live or ps3 set up you can automatically download the updates. No idea when they happen though.

Matt Inglis

It's really hard to defend on Legendary. Have had to rage quit every single time playing career mode as I conceed nearly every time the opponent gets the ball.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

LRCN

Quote from: Mitch on October 01, 2011, 01:25:21 PM
The third kit not being released is the clubs fault. If the club don't confirm a design to the public for the start of the season, then EA won't know what it looks like and that sort of content has to go on the disc.

Frei has very high potential, as does Briggs and Kasami. No idea about Bar-whatshisname.

Davies is probably about right at 74. JAR is 77 and has done more than Davies ever has. Diego Milito is 81 as a comparable, so whilst they seem low, when you put it into context of how good players at say 80-82 then it makes more sense.

Agree that Gecov and Briggs could be higher, but when the game stats are prepared Briggs had played approx four games for Fulham (Arsenal twice, Chelsea and one other) and looked like he could go either way. Gecov was fairly unknown. Stat improvements need to be backed up with hard facts, stats or supporting video. For those sorts of players it's hard to get an accurate level. Also, it's worth noting that overall isnt the most important stat ie a striker could have 70 overall, but 90 pace and 85 finishing, so he'd still be a great player.

I've sent a request for Briggs to be updated for the next patch, focussing on Passing, Touch, attacking runs and crossing inparticular. He's still pretty weak in the tackle and loses focus occasionally. I'm only a reviewer, so I can only make suggestions, whereas the editors have the actual control.

If you've got your xbox live or ps3 set up you can automatically download the updates. No idea when they happen though.

yeah on the whole its spot on. just give us a decent right back  :027:

zzamora

Is there any chance of a Craven Cottage stadium DLC?

Reviewing what I said only Briggs should be changed. I was a tad bias to start with!

Mitch

Quote from: zzamora on October 01, 2011, 02:55:27 PM
Is there any chance of a Craven Cottage stadium DLC?

Reviewing what I said only Briggs should be changed. I was a tad bias to start with!

Doubt it. Grounds take up a lot of disc space apparently, so you have to be one of the chosen ones! Another season of playing at what looks like Griffin Park's ugly little brother unfortunately.

Tomo

Honestly In my first game online I played as fulham and beat man utd 6-1 I find I always play well with fulham I think because we are so underrated but I'm happy with this team only the suspect) as mentioned briggs should be a 70 and Frei maybe a tad higher but its not as if these are going to make it into your fifa team. Personally I only play online if you'd like to play add me; BeefyMcBeefBeef (xbox)
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

Reindeer

I've hated playing this FIFA more than any in the past.  The defending is too intricate, but you can revert to old style.

Not played online and imagine it will be easier than playing the comp.

Sector9

play Richard Barroilhet, he is so good! he's doing better than zamora on my game...

Luke

Just thought I'd set this thread up.
We could all chip in with signings that we have made that others might be interested in; and other info about how we play our Fulham team in career mode.
I started it yesterday and sold Duff for £4.1m and Johnson for £5m as well as others such a BH Riise. I also had an offer of £5m for Murphy but declined as time was running out in the window.
I've brought in Varela from Porto who cost me his market value £10.5m and what a player he is. Another addition to my team was Arbeloa from Real Madrid to fill the rather low RB position, he cost me £11m.
I play a VERY attacking 4-3-3, something like this
Schwarzer
Arbeloa     Hughes     Hangeland     Riise
Murphy

Dembele          Dempsey
Ruiz          Zamora          Varela

I know there's another FIFA 12 thread but I thought this could be dedicated to Career Mode, and we can help move FFC to the top of all of our FIFA tables!!  :clap_hands:
Here's Davies..... It's on, It is on!!

michaelread

havent had a chance to set mine up yet but this is a great idea to put us up the table. will chip in.

zzamora

I've got this at the moment:

Schwarzer

Van der Wiel Hughes Hangeland Riise

Demps-Sidwell-Murphy-Ruiz

Welliton-Zamora.

Ordar

probably a retarded question. But how exactly do you header, I mean i know you have to time it etc, but the only goals I ever concede are headers and penalties. God forbid I concede a corner!

Also, trying to win the ball back is frustrating at times. But as you can tell, I am a bit of an amateur!

Mitch

Defending is rightly more difficult, but if you think as a defender you should be fine. Don't dive in, chase the man back from midfield rather than charging Brede fo Senderos out to the player (that'll leave a big gap). You need to really time your tackle. Also, block and run into the opposition player as you would in real life.

Walsh

I'm unbeaten with Fulham but I'm still in Division 10, 1 more win and I'm in Division 9 :)

4-1-0

if anyone want's a game my XBOX ID is: Walshehh

fulhamfan

whats zamoras celebration like?

fulhamben

Quote from: fulhamross on October 02, 2011, 01:02:42 PM
whats zamoras celebration like?
he does the ssh thing to the home fans. finger to his lip and then cups his ear. shame there is no lip sync to see him tell us all to f off
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.