more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Video Games; Fifa, Football Manager 2012 etc

Started by MrFantastic, August 19, 2011, 04:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simplyfulham

Quote from: Mitch on October 01, 2011, 01:25:21 PM
The third kit not being released is the clubs fault. If the club don't confirm a design to the public for the start of the season, then EA won't know what it looks like and that sort of content has to go on the disc.

Frei has very high potential, as does Briggs and Kasami. No idea about Bar-whatshisname.

Davies is probably about right at 74. JAR is 77 and has done more than Davies ever has. Diego Milito is 81 as a comparable, so whilst they seem low, when you put it into context of how good players at say 80-82 then it makes more sense.

Agree that Gecov and Briggs could be higher, but when the game stats are prepared Briggs had played approx four games for Fulham (Arsenal twice, Chelsea and one other) and looked like he could go either way. Gecov was fairly unknown. Stat improvements need to be backed up with hard facts, stats or supporting video. For those sorts of players it's hard to get an accurate level. Also, it's worth noting that overall isnt the most important stat ie a striker could have 70 overall, but 90 pace and 85 finishing, so he'd still be a great player.

I've sent a request for Briggs to be updated for the next patch, focussing on Passing, Touch, attacking runs and crossing inparticular. He's still pretty weak in the tackle and loses focus occasionally. I'm only a reviewer, so I can only make suggestions, whereas the editors have the actual control.

If you've got your xbox live or ps3 set up you can automatically download the updates. No idea when they happen though.

Thanks Mitch, good point about the kit, hadn't really thought of it like that..

Does the potential actually make a difference in this game? After FIFA 11 where player growth was non-existent I'm reluctant to believe it until I see it!

I can't really agree with you on Davies, when player's like Micheal Johnson of Leicester are 73. If you compare it to Lakaku (only ever scored goals in a weak Belguim league) or Kakuta (played half a season with us) who are both rated higher then Davies who has played 10 years in the Premiership making in the region of 300 appearances.

He is a superb link up player with better distribution then Duff and Dempsey (our other two winger's with whom he inevitably fights with for a starting spot) who is also a more disciplined option then the other two and has filled in at right back and in the middle on odd occasions.

His intelligence and athletic abilities have been vastly underrated on the game as well!

I'd have to say anyone who watched the u21's at the start of the summer will have seen Gecov was no mug (he played against England, how lazy can these stats guys be?!?).

I hope they would address Hughes, Baird and Grygera being 71 and Senderos being 72 (the same as Anton Ferdinand I think..). I'll stop ranting!

What does your role as a reviewer involve mitch? And how did you get into it? Is it the kind of thing that multiple people participate in or if I asked EA would I be competing with you? (not that I want to turf you out of it as another FoFer!  :Haynes The Maestro: )

simplyfulham

..Also, does anyone know where Halliche is on the game?  089.gif

Steve_orino

Interested in the above questions too...
Bumpity-Bump
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Mitch

Quote from: simplyfulham on October 02, 2011, 10:13:00 PM
..Also, does anyone know where Halliche is on the game?  089.gif
He's still in the database - is he not in the game? I can't say I've looked for him.

Mitch

@simplyfulham - I applied via the EA wesbite. The more the merrier.

The other Fulham reviewers aren't very active and one even suggested removing Gillingham as a rival (I fixed that!), so it'd be good if there were some more.

daveygxxx

GET IN! Danny Murphy header in the 90th minute of the 10th game to win promotion to division 9 on the first go (13pts)!

Ok so it's not exactly as dramatic as the great escape or as exciting as Sunday afternoon but it was pretty sweet (possibly because I was a bit loopy at 1:30am on a Tuesday night having just played 10 straight games taking full advantage of the Missus being out of town on a business trip to maximize my PS3 time).

Was opting for the default 4-4-2 but replacing Duff for Bryan and Sidwell for Dembele in a possession based attack.

A seemingly disproportionate number of opponents using Shalke 04 (at least 5 of the 10 games).As he is not on FFC I havent checked his rating, but Raul appears to be quite good....

ClarksOriginal

Orlando Sa is really doing it for me in career mode, 45 minute hat-trick against Villa in the first game, two against Newcastle in the next.

I also bough a little chap called Alexandre Lacazette from Lyon, he is immense only 3.6m too. Very high potential, he starts off as a 70, but has the potential to be 85+ if you play him enough.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Mitch

You will play more teams like Schalke/Villa etc as they are closer in star rating to Fulham. It's to avoid people who play as Brighton for example having to always play against Real Madrid.

LRCN

mitch having played it a bit more baird really does need ramping up at right back. he is awful there. grygera needs a bit more speed too. dembele maybe a bit more, should be a 79? and briggs but youve conceded that. on the whole though its really spot on, good job.

Mitch

Quote from: Lork on October 05, 2011, 01:29:18 PM
mitch having played it a bit more baird really does need ramping up at right back. he is awful there. grygera needs a bit more speed too. dembele maybe a bit more, should be a 79? and briggs but youve conceded that. on the whole though its really spot on, good job.
I only review it and offer my opinions, so no credit due to me, that goes to the editors!

Matt Inglis

The budget allocation thing is magical.
I loaned in Evans and Onuaha.. bought Odemwingé without selling anyone.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

twang

For those who already got the game, I've question about the career mode:

In Fifa 11 players only seemed to develop during roughly the ages of 21-27. That meant it was useless to have a talanted 16 year old or whatever as he wouldn't get better until he was 21 anyway. And players, young and old, never developed unless they got game time, there was no real player growth in that game.

So, do Fifa 12 have the same problems?

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: twang on October 06, 2011, 11:50:29 AM
For those who already got the game, I've question about the career mode:

In Fifa 11 players only seemed to develop during roughly the ages of 21-27. That meant it was useless to have a talanted 16 year old or whatever as he wouldn't get better until he was 21 anyway. And players, young and old, never developed unless they got game time, there was no real player growth in that game.

So, do Fifa 12 have the same problems?

Not as far as I know, I think Fifa now has a feature where if u send people out on loan then they grow
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Walsh

Quote from: daveygxxx on October 05, 2011, 10:36:21 AM
GET IN! Danny Murphy header in the 90th minute of the 10th game to win promotion to division 9 on the first go (13pts)!

Ok so it's not exactly as dramatic as the great escape or as exciting as Sunday afternoon but it was pretty sweet (possibly because I was a bit loopy at 1:30am on a Tuesday night having just played 10 straight games taking full advantage of the Missus being out of town on a business trip to maximize my PS3 time).

Was opting for the default 4-4-2 but replacing Duff for Bryan and Sidwell for Dembele in a possession based attack.

A seemingly disproportionate number of opponents using Shalke 04 (at least 5 of the 10 games).As he is not on FFC I havent checked his rating, but Raul appears to be quite good....

I like this post but I would be extremely disappointed if I got relegated before the 7th Division. my record is currently 9 wins 1 draw 1 loss looking to go up to division 8 after 1 draw got 6 games to do it in.

Mitch

Quote from: Walsh on October 06, 2011, 12:57:52 PM
Quote from: daveygxxx on October 05, 2011, 10:36:21 AM

I like this post but I would be extremely disappointed if I got relegated before the 7th Division. my record is currently 9 wins 1 draw 1 loss looking to go up to division 8 after 1 draw got 6 games to do it in.

I got promoted from the 10th division really quickly after four wins, but then struggled to cope with the better players in division 9, but managed to stave off relegation, however I noticed under my stats there's a figure that says leagues won - How do I win a league if after 12/14 points you automatically get promoted and play no more games in that league?

daveygxxx

[/quote]

Agreed that would have been disappointing. Stupid Raul and his goal scoring ways....or possibly my poor defending or more likely the lethal combination...

Also lost points when opponents exited the game resulting in 2 losses despite there being (from my point of view) plenty of time to come back. A surprising number of big babies don't play to the final whistle when losing which is bad enough but then to end up with 2 losses due to the apparent strategy "nick a 2nd half goal with Raul and then exit the game for the win" was frustrating.

Still, i'm not going to lie, much like real football my enthusiasm far exceeds my skill and as an occasional player was happy enough to gain promotion while scoring bucket loads of goals (and conceding slightly less).

Mitch

You should get the win from a disconnect.

Fulham_Adam

I was having a problem fitting all our attacking players in and getting the best out of Dempsey.

Then I found a brilliant system where I got 3 MOTM with Clint and he was lethal going forward and even getting back but this formation does leave you open at the back a bit:

Schwarzer
Grygera, Hughes, Hangeland, Riise
Dempsey, Murphy, Duff
Dembele, Zamora, AJ

Only problem with this is I don't know where to fit Ruiz into it- I'm quite good with the pace of AJ and Dembele either side of Bobby.
The past is told by those who win.

Mitch

I like Dembele as a CF or CAM and then Dempsey LM has he is good tracking back, but has enough skill to make up the wing on his own.

Walsh

Schwarzer

Baird - Senderos - Hangeland - Hughes

Etuhu

Dempsey - Davies

Ruiz

Johnson - Zamora
this is what I play, I don't know if the defense is right but I'm certain that all the other positions are correct with what I use.