Previous topic - Next topic

What should I watch?

England-Wales
5 (35.7%)
Belgium-USA
6 (42.9%)
Romania-France
0 (0%)
Watch The Inbetweeners - that Jay fellow is hilarious! International football is rubbish.
2 (14.3%)
Stay at home - Int'l football AND The Inbetweeners is rubbish.
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

ImperialWhite

Tricky this.

Being English I obviously support "the lads" and a win tonight should hopefully give us pretty good odds for making Euro 2012 for the inevitable disappointment of losing to germany. But you know - and no offence to Wales - however poorly England play we'll probably scrape a win, so perhaps (probably) this match will be a bit rubbish.

On the otherhand, Belgium-USA should be a bit good. I haven't seen USA under Klinsmann yet, so that's of interest. Always good to see Dempsey play, of course - and seeing Hazard, Dembele and Lukaku play would be good too. The FOF angle is appealing too - hopefully there'll be some FOF "banter" between Sipwell and the Americans.

Romania-France Why not? I like French football. They seemed to have upped their game under Blanc. However, the French seem to have honed the art of disappointing to an even higher level than the English. Losing 1-0 to Belarus at home?  :007:

Options 4 and 5 - anyone seen The Inbetweeners? I have the requisite infantile sense of humour to enjoy the series, but not sure I want to spend the best part of a tenner on a really long episode.

CincyFulham1

I say England-Wales, they are playing for something and the USA-Belgian match is just a friendly.

Burt

Easy.

England v. Wales. Its the national team, I don't follow any other national teams (apart from Australia, given I have dual nationality) so its no contest.

The Equalizer

Haven't not seen a competitive England International since that shambles of a World Cup, I can't believe I've just clicked #1.

I heard we were pretty good last week, plus Capello has cleared out a fair amount of the dross that appeared in that WC which is exactly what I wanted. I might be tempted myself...
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

ClarksOriginal

I would say England

BUT

The Inbetweeners movie is absolutely brilliant, if you like adolescent jokes about boobs etc then definitely see it. Its a brilliant film, I was laughing from start to finish. I'd definitely recommend it. (please bear in mind that I am only 20 so masturbation jokes are the pinnacle of humour) Its also got a brilliant soundtrack.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Burt

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on September 06, 2011, 12:03:46 PM
I would say England

BUT

The Inbetweeners movie is absolutely brilliant, if you like adolescent jokes about boobs etc then definitely see it. Its a brilliant film, I was laughing from start to finish. I'd definitely recommend it. (please bear in mind that I am only 20 so masturbation jokes are the pinnacle of humour) Its also got a brilliant soundtrack.

Seeing it tomorrow. Followed by a curry and a couple of sherberts.

AlFayedsChequebook

I think the Belgium v USA game could be interesting - there are Fulham players involved which always makes a game more entertaining for me

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: Burt on September 06, 2011, 12:04:40 PM
I would say England

BUT

I think you will enjoy it Burt.

I fancy a chicken buhna now
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Vinnieffc

And why is the Russia - ROI game not up there in the options ? I shall be watching that 'to be sure'. It's a must-win for us tonight..

FFCcravencottage

I would say England

BUT

I downloaded the 3 TV Series of the Inbetweeners yesterday and watched the whole 18 Episodes last night the whole evening (they are 20min a Episode). I'm a lot older than 20 but thought it was hilarious. Can't wait to get hold of the film.

Oh and watch the England game just in case anyone feels I'm highjacking the thread fp.gif

Berserker

Well I'm going to the match at Wembley so only have a choice of 1  098.gif  Mind you seeing I'm half Welsh and half English suppose I'm abit neutral as to who I want to win :023:
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on September 06, 2011, 12:11:41 PM
I would say England

BUT

Curry and boob jokes - seriously tempted.

-

I can't win either way. I'll fall foul of the IW football paradox which states that "any match avoided by IW on the grounds that it will probably be rubbish is inevitably a 5 goal thriller. Similarly, a match watched by IW only out of duty (in spite the inevitability of it being rubbish) will always be rubbish, if not even more so than predicted".  

There are other similar laws governing my football fandom. "The later IW turns up the match, the greater the probability of a massive queue and an early goal".

And "the more IW needs to make a quick getaway from a match (especially to catch the last train home), the smaller the probability of a last minute winner/equaliser/anything worth justifying staying right to the end to get his money's worth from the ticket".

The Equalizer

Quote from: ImperialWhite on September 06, 2011, 12:23:02 PM
Quote from: ClarksOriginal on September 06, 2011, 12:11:41 PM
I would say England

BUT

Curry and boob jokes - seriously tempted.

-

I can't win either way. I'll fall foul of the IW football paradox which states that "any match avoided by IW on the grounds that it will probably be rubbish is inevitably a 5 goal thriller. Similarly, a match watched by IW only out of duty (in spite the inevitability of it being rubbish) will always be rubbish, if not even more so than predicted".  

There are other similar laws governing my football fandom. "The later IW turns up the match, the greater the probability of a massive queue and an early goal".

And "the more IW needs to make a quick getaway from a match (especially to catch the last train home), the smaller the probability of a last minute winner/equaliser/anything worth justifying staying right to the end to get his money's worth from the ticket".

See my comments on a previous thread a few days ago about the Hamburg final.

'Equalizerish'.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

sipwell

Most of Belgian top players are out of the game and after their extremely poor performance against Azerbaijan last friday I think morale will be extremely low.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!