News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bryan "Bryan" Ruiz. Are you sure? (merged threads)

Started by Chutney, September 11, 2011, 07:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walsh

Ruiz is a class play, by the end of the season you'll be licking his ass hole.

Burt

Lets not judge someone on the basis of 45 minutes.

He's only just got here and needs to get used to things.

Burt

Quote from: Walsh on September 12, 2011, 11:48:14 AM

No matter how good he is, I can assure you I will be nowhere near his ass hole  :dft011:

NorthernWhite

Jesus, have you ever seen him play before?

Did you watch Henry's 1st few games for Arsenal? He turned out OK after he was given time to acclimatise......

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: Burt on September 12, 2011, 11:49:11 AM

No matter how good he is, I can assure you I will be nowhere near his ass hole  :dft011:

The tongue out emoticon suggests otherwise ;)
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

zzamora

There is only one emotion that could possibly sum up this post:

fp.gif fp.gif fp.gif fp.gif fp.gif fp.gif fp.gif fp.gif fp.gif fp.gif fp.gif fp.gif fp.gif fp.gif fp.gif

Burt

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on September 12, 2011, 11:57:56 AM
Quote from: Burt on September 12, 2011, 11:49:11 AM

The tongue out emoticon suggests otherwise ;)

Oops must be more careful with when I use that one.

jarv

I too was not impressed but it took Boa Morte 3 clubs and a few years before producing the form of his life at Fulham.

MJG

Far far far too early to make a major assessment of him.

Whiteroom

Quote from: The Swan on September 12, 2011, 11:35:55 AM
£6.6m  What a waste of money. I was hoping that he would go all out and score but he didn't have one shot at goal let alone on target. I do hope that it was first day nerves.
This Sunday we will be playing one of the form teams and if we don't improve I can see us getting hammered.
We need extra zip in midfield. Murphy had one of his best games for a long time yesterday but he needs help. Any news on Hughes.
This post is total madness.

HatterDon

I'd like to see him in a 4-4-2 v. Chelsea in the League Cup. The formation ain't gonna happen, but the appearance will.

I've been in Ruiz's shoes before -- metaphorically -- and I know what he went through. Several years ago, I was asked to sub into a stage production of Glengarry Glen Ross. The show had been open a couple of weeks when one of the actors had to step out because of illness in his family. I did alright in the "two hander" in the first act, but when I stepped out on stage well into the second act I felt as if I'd merged onto a motorway in the fast lane. The pace and rhythm of the dialogue was so established and so quick, and I was so NOT up with it, I felt like I was in lane 4 of the 100 meters with chewing gum stuck to the bottom of my shoes. As much as I pushed myself, I never quite got into the swing of it -- on the first night. By the end of the second week, however, I had adjusted. Bryan will also.

The pace just overwhelmed him. Ruiz is going to have to get used to quick interchange passing, and I think he'll learn that his dribbling skills will have to be relegated to a sometimes thing. I think he'll come good for us, but it's going to take a little while.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

LBNo11

...before the game whilst imbibing in liquid refreshment I said I hoped Jol would start Ruiz in the first half and take him off after 60 minutes if he was struggling to cope with the pace style etc.,

OK he took him off after 45 minutes, but he has to get premiership experience and it is better to play him against Blackbum Rovers than against someone like Citeh on his debut. He cannot play on Thursday as he is cup tied so now he will have time to train longer with his team-mates, he will have experienced the pace an atmosphere of the premiership and will know what to expect and what to work on himself to be able to play his part in the future.

No it was not an auspicious Saha like debut but he will come good once the team (and the fans, come to that) have fathomed out Jol's confusing tactics.

The lad wants to prove himself and will, after all, he needs us as his stepping stone to play for a top five side in two years...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Burt

Quote from: LBNo11 on September 12, 2011, 01:28:17 PM
...before the game whilst imbibing in liquid refreshment I said I hoped Jol would start Ruiz in the first half and take him off after 60 minutes if he was struggling to cope with the pace style etc.,

OK he took him off after 45 minutes, but he has to get premiership experience and it is better to play him against Blackbum Rovers than against someone like Citeh on his debut. He cannot play on Thursday as he is cup tied so now he will have time to train longer with his team-mates, he will have experienced the pace an atmosphere of the premiership and will know what to expect and what to work on himself to be able to play his part in the future.

No it was not an auspicious Saha like debut but he will come good once the team (and the fans, come to that) have fathomed out Jol's confusing tactics.

The lad wants to prove himself and will, after all, he needs us as his stepping stone to play for a top five side in two years...

+1  :54:

Condemning him after 45 minutes when he is new to the gaffer, club, team mates, league, country, etc. is plain madness.

mangoputney

can we afford to give him settling in time against teams we should be beating?

spot on!
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Blingo

£6.6m  What a waste of money. I was hoping that he would go all out and score but he didn't have one shot at goal let alone on target. I do hope that it was first day nerves.
This Sunday we will be playing one of the form teams and if we don't improve I can see us getting hammered.
We need extra zip in midfield. Murphy had one of his best games for a long time yesterday but he needs help. Any news on Hughes.

YOU PLANK

Burt

Quote from: Blingo on September 12, 2011, 02:50:41 PM
£6.6m  What a waste of money. I was hoping that he would go all out and score but he didn't have one shot at goal let alone on target. I do hope that it was first day nerves.

YOU PLANK

Steady Mr Blingo sir. One of the endearing features of this board is that things tend not to go down the personal slagging off route no matter how tempting it may be...

Now, how about a nice cup of tea and a scone?

LBNo11

YOU PLANK

...very harsh Blingo, he is entitled to his opinions and does say he hopes it was first day nerves. The Swan I know personally, and I can assure you he is a very long term supporter and is no way a plank. Like some of us he can remember being in a crowd of 4K odd with awful players and the club with no money - perhaps he feels that now the club has all this money we should be getting better quality?

Time, as ever, will tell.

I hope you consider a retraction...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Thanks Swan, you have answered an important question that has been troubling me recently...

stevehawkinslidingtackle

first game, nerves, whatever.........still a worryingly crap debut for me. Why was he subbed by the way ??? Hope our football lets him express himself more than that !

sipwell

Quote from: LBNo11 on September 12, 2011, 02:57:57 PM
£6.6m  What a waste of money. I was hoping that he would go all out and score but he didn't have one shot at goal let alone on target. I do hope that it was first day nerves.

YOU PLANK

...very harsh Blingo, he is entitled to his opinions and does say he hopes it was first day nerves. The Swan I know personally, and I can assure you he is a very long term supporter and is no way a plank. Like some of us he can remember being in a crowd of 4K odd with awful players and the club with no money - perhaps he feels that now the club has all this money we should be getting better quality?

Time, as ever, will tell.

I hope you consider a retraction...

I do not agree with the statement but I do thank mr. Blingo for learning me a new word. Consider it a favour to all the Johnny Foreigners rather than a true-to-form description of TheSwan.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!