News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bryan "Bryan" Ruiz. Are you sure? (merged threads)

Started by Chutney, September 11, 2011, 07:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chutney

can we afford to give him settling in time against teams we should be beating?

Wouldn't of started him today because he clearly isn't up to pace yet and it was just embarrasing for the lad to be yanked off at half time after being out classed by a poor blackburn midfield. Cost us a goal by giving the ball away, I feel his performance wasn't entirely his fault. Should of been eased into the game around the time johnson came on in my opinion.

Hoping to see better in the future. He reminded me an awful lot of Steve Marlet on todays performance 090.gif (although he has come £1 million cheaper than Marlet).
C O Y W

cebu

I'm afraid you can't teach experience. The only way he will get there is by playing competitive matches - and I'm still feeling he has it in him. I don't think he's Marlet the Second.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Chutney on September 11, 2011, 07:15:30 PM
can we afford to give him settling in time against teams we should be beating?

Wouldn't of started him today because he clearly isn't up to pace yet and it was just embarrasing for the lad to be yanked off at half time after being out classed by a poor blackburn midfield. Cost us a goal by giving the ball away, I feel his performance wasn't entirely his fault. Should of been eased into the game around the time johnson came on in my opinion.

Hoping to see better in the future. He reminded me an awful lot of Steve Marlet on todays performance 090.gif (although he has come £1 million cheaper than Marlet).
He was terrible today, but how do you know he's not up to pace if you dont play him? By all accounts he was superb in training, so why not? Not as if any other forward was doing the business before today. I'm sure he'll be a great signing, just might take a few games. And dont panic a nice easy game against Citeh next week  fp.gif

DUKE

He was being closed down very quick. You could see Blackburn players recognized him as a threat also he looks very nervous. He didnt get any help from 'our best referee' either. The jury is still out for him.

fulhamben

think he has to go in the resis for a couple of games. dont care how much he costs, if he currently isnt good enough to be in the match day squad then he shouldnt be picked. its a shame he cant play in europe as that would have sped his progression up
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Lighthouse

45 minutes and had he any idea where he was supposed to play. I didn't. He spent all his time reacting to where team mates had wandered. Give him time. Man City next for him. Oh alright give him more time.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Chutney

Quote from: fulhamben on September 11, 2011, 07:25:15 PM
think he has to go in the resis for a couple of games. dont care how much he costs, if he currently isnt good enough to be in the match day squad then he shouldnt be picked. its a shame he cant play in europe as that would have sped his progression up

completely agree, shouldnt be starting games until he is up to pace with the others.
C O Y W

Mitch

I think he suffered from the same thing the front 5/6 did, in that they didnt seem to have a clue what position they were meant to be in. I couldnt tell from the stands who was meant to be doing what at all.

Mr_Moon

Ha, way to give the boy a chance after half a game. It was his debut for Christ's sake! If we can't play him against Blackburn then who can we play him against?

cutbushcitylimits

I would of had the hump if he didnt play!

If your good enough your ready..Man citys agueria (sp) for instance.

Today i just couldnt work out where he was meant to play?

was he given a free role? was he a winger? was he up front? was he playing in the hole?

one question i will answer (and i am not judging) he was dung!!!

Burt

I remember at half time turning to my son and saying that he hadn't exactly set the world alight.

Disappointing start to his career here.

Hopefully going forward it will be clear how he fits in, and he will be able to step up to the plate.

HatterDon

I think he's going to go on a rampage starting around late October/early November. Jol starting him when he was so clearly NOT Premiership fit was just one of the manager's strange decisions today.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ClarksOriginal

Release him, he's clearly not good enough.  fp.gif

No, give him time to adjust, the pace in Holland is alot slower than in the Premiership and he is used to having time on the ball. Once he gets adjusted to the pace and physicality of the Premier League he'll be fine.Give him a few games and he'll be scoring regularly. Just look at Dzeko, last year he was dog then he scored 4 goals in one game.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Burt

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on September 12, 2011, 09:13:58 AM

No, give him time to adjust, the pace in Holland is alot slower than in the Premiership and he is used to having time on the ball. Once he gets adjusted to the pace and physicality of the Premier League he'll be fine.Give him a few games and he'll be scoring regularly. Just look at Dzeko, last year he was dog then he scored 4 goals in one game.

Mr ClarksOriginal, sorry but this post is unacceptable, you are clearly not panicking enough, 45 minutes is clearly enough time to judge Ruiz.

:dft011:

elgreenio

shame he's ineligible for Europe, could have done him wonders to get to know the players and our "style" in the slower paced comp.

He did look really really bad though, well done Jol for potentially shattering his confidence.
touch my camera through the fence

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: Burt on September 12, 2011, 09:27:01 AM
Quote from: ClarksOriginal on September 12, 2011, 09:13:58 AM

Mr ClarksOriginal, sorry but this post is unacceptable, you are clearly not panicking enough, 45 minutes is clearly enough time to judge Ruiz.

:dft011:

Sorry Burt!

Ruiz is the next Marlet what a waste of money!! Can't belive he didn't score a hat-trick in the first 5 minutes. I'd rather have Carlton Cole with one leg he'd be better!

We are going down, we are worse than Blackpool last year! Jol OUT! sack the board!
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

The Swan

£6.6m  What a waste of money. I was hoping that he would go all out and score but he didn't have one shot at goal let alone on target. I do hope that it was first day nerves.
This Sunday we will be playing one of the form teams and if we don't improve I can see us getting hammered.
We need extra zip in midfield. Murphy had one of his best games for a long time yesterday but he needs help. Any news on Hughes.
The Swan

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: The Swan on September 12, 2011, 11:35:55 AM
£6.6m  What a waste of money. I was hoping that he would go all out and score but he didn't have one shot at goal let alone on target. I do hope that it was first day nerves.
This Sunday we will be playing one of the form teams and if we don't improve I can see us getting hammered.
We need extra zip in midfield. Murphy had one of his best games for a long time yesterday but he needs help. Any news on Hughes.

Give him time.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

sipwell

Come on!

He a) joined the group ONLY THIS WEEK, b) has NEVER played English football before and c) probably has a bit of training backlash.

This claim is in my opinion as ridiculous as saying a Navy SEAL is a rubbish soldier because he doesn't settle in immediately in a group of British commandos.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

The Equalizer

Quote from: sipwell on September 12, 2011, 11:40:12 AM
Come on!

He a) joined the group ONLY THIS WEEK, b) has NEVER played English football before and c) probably has a bit of training backlash.

This claim is in my opinion as ridiculous as saying a Navy SEAL is a rubbish soldier because he doesn't settle in immediately in a group of British commandos.

Oh gods, I hate it when I find myself agreeing with the Belgian one.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc